Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:48 pm

Don't be Cruel
Teddy Bear
IF I Can Dream (stereotype Lyrics)
Hunka Hunka Burning Love
Wooden Heart
Way Down
Memories (Could Sam Phillips Be right?)
Last edited by Erhan on Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:49 pm

Love Me Tender....don't like that song at all.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:20 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "exaggerated".

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:22 pm

Cryogenic wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "exaggerated".

I'm not either !

Exaggerated in which way ?

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:23 pm

ColinB wrote:

I'm not either !

Think he means overrated. Might be worth some clarification in case this thread goes off in a "pathetic" direction though :)

most exaggerated

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:15 pm

... Go, and clean your dad's kitchen, Ehran.

You dont know the hell what you're talking about.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:44 pm

I agree Ger,

Surely he can find better ways than that to start an arguement.

Re: most exaggerated

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:09 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Go, and clean your dad's kitchen, Ehran.

You dont know the hell what you're talking about.

Erhan probably knows what he is talking about, BUT I ain't got a friggin' clue what he is meaning!!!

Re: most exaggerated

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:14 pm

BIGREDG wrote: Erhan probably knows what he is talking about, BUT I ain't got a friggin' clue what he is meaning!!!

Ditto!

Tom

Re: Most Exaggerated Elvis Songs

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:17 pm

Erhan wrote:IF I Can Dream (stereotype Lyrics)

Please explain.

The song is one of the most powerful I have ever heard. And probably meant a lot to Elvis, because it contained a real message.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:55 pm

Don't be Cruel....most exaggerated???

Here's a little tidbit you may not be aware of.

Don't be Cruel just happens to be one the the most catchiest and clever little pop songs ever made.

Jerry Lee Lewis said it was perfect. And I agree.

As far as the others listed, I won't waste my time in explaining your error in judgement.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:14 pm

I would like to deffend Erhan in this case , Because in more then one post we could all clearly see that his main language is Turkish, mine is Dutch.. But I try my best to be as clear as possible.So i guess he means something else then he is saying in his post, I don't see that as a problem, just use your imagionation a bit with it! c'mon!

As a little helper what did you mean Erhan>? just use the letters and no explanation is nessecery :-)

A= Overrated,( people give a recording too much credit)
B= Exaggerated ( the lyrics of this song is too much of everything)
C= I don't use letters but I try to explain it anyway. :lol:

to all , Have a nice day...

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:20 pm

Nora Sivle wrote:I would like to deffend Erhan in this case , Because in more then one post we could all clearly see that his main language is Turkish, mine is Dutch.. But I try my best to be as clear as possible.So i guess he means something else then he is saying in his post, I don't see that as a problem, just use your imagionation a bit with it! c'mon!

As a little helper what did you mean Erhan>? just use the letters and no explanation is nessecery :-)

A= Overrated,( people give a recording too much credit)
B= Exaggerated ( the lyrics of this song is too much of everything)
C= I don't use letters but I try to explain it anyway. :lol:

to all , Have a nice day...

I'm not sure what you mean by "exaggerated".

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:22 pm

TJ wrote:
ColinB wrote:

I'm not either !

Think he means overrated. Might be worth some clarification in case this thread goes off in a "pathetic" direction though :)

you win TJ
overrated of course.
list is not my opinion its a only a sample

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:52 am

there's only one thing I wanna know, why does that baby keep staring at me!?

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:06 pm

Matthew wrote:there's only one thing I wanna know, why does that baby keep staring at me!?

He wonder Where are you looking at? and
Why are you so red. Did you do somthing wrong?
Don't worry we don't tell anyone!

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:13 pm

Matthew wrote:there's only one thing I wanna know, why does that baby keep staring at me!?

It's looking for a good place to puke.

Re: Most (Exaggerated) Overrated Elvis Songs

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:16 pm

Hunka Hunka Burning Love
Wooden Heart
Memories (Could Sam Phillips Be right?)
Love Me Tender (56 version)
Don't Cry Daddy (And as I think of giving up A voice inside my coffee-cup
)
IF I Can Dream (stereotype Lyrics)
Way Down

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:21 pm

ColinB wrote:

It's looking for a good place to puke.

That's right He already find it.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:02 pm

I've never been a huge fan of It's Now or Never.
Sorry - bring on the attacks!
Rick

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:29 pm

You bloody dirty honest braveheart :twisted:

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Elvis sounds a little out-of-tune on the studio cut of "Patch It Up". The mixing is also very unflattering. Yet it had the potential to be a great recording. That's probably the one I'd go for. Elvis also sounds a little strained on "T-R-O-U-B-L-E". Again, the mixing is a letdown (why did they decide to filter Elvis' voice?).

Many songs that EP recorded also verge on silliness. "If I Can Dream" is a prime example. The lyrics are cliched and overcooked. But Elvis really came through on that one. The result is nothing less than a major work of art. That's what he was all about. If you gave half of E's catalogue to anyone alive today and asked them to sing something from it, the results would make any self-respecting human run for the hills.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:24 pm

Cryogenic wrote:Elvis sounds a little out-of-tune on the studio cut of "Patch It Up". The mixing is also very unflattering. Yet it had the potential to be a great recording. That's probably the one I'd go for. Elvis also sounds a little strained on "T-R-O-U-B-L-E". Again, the mixing is a letdown (why did they decide to filter Elvis' voice?).

Many songs that EP recorded also verge on silliness. "If I Can Dream" is a prime example. The lyrics are cliched and overcooked. But Elvis really came through on that one. The result is nothing less than a major work of art. That's what he was all about. If you gave half of E's catalogue to anyone alive today and asked them to sing something from it, the results would make any self-respecting human run for the hills.

What about Memories It smell rotten what a contrast!

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:00 pm

It's very jarring having Elvis perform this song immediately after his rock 'n roll set on the Comeback Special. It doesn't matter what he did or how good he was, there was always something tacky lurking within spitting distance. Scott "Mac" Davies wrote "Memories", "Don't Cry Daddy" and "In The Ghetto". The former two songs could be said to be especially flawed, but somehow, Elvis turned them all into gold. His singing is at a peak in all three.

most [ exaggerated]

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:33 pm

... Dont they sell turkisch/ english dictonaries in Istanbul?