All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Elvis Movie Girls Are Getting better Looking??

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:34 pm

I remember watching Elvis movies for years and the girls that were featured in the films were just part of the scenery - my attention was on Elvis I guess. Infact some of the women I thought were old bats!!

Anyway - my fascination for watching Elvis movies diminished to a point where I just didn't watch them anymore - I just focussed on the CDs and concert videos and later DVD's. Besides the sound quality of the movie songs on Video and even DVD were very poor compared to the CD's.

With the advent of the STAR Hollywood Elvis DVD's (VOL 1 - 3 so far) re-edited with CD audio soundtracks, my friends and I have been watching the movie songs on every Elvis night that we have.

Q. Has STAR used some special software tool to make the girls better looking??!!! The girls look absolutely gorgeous now. Has anyone seen the girls from SPINOUT - wonderful looking girls. I just don't rememeber them looking like this!

Does any one know what software is being used to create this illusion?? :D

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:30 pm

Lester, I think it's actually more of a ... ahem ... hardware issue.
Congratulations on having reached puberty! :wink: :)

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:53 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Lester, I think it's actually more of a ... ahem ... hardware issue.
Congratulations on having reached puberty! :wink: :)


No Dete Pube jokes please!!!


(sorry couldn't resit :lol: )

Re: Elvis Movie Girls Are Getting better Looking??

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:04 pm

LesterB wrote:
Does any one know what software is being used to create this illusion?? :D


I believe the technical name for the software in question is Stella Artois

Great for manipulating vision!

Re: Elvis Movie Girls Are Getting better Looking??

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:22 pm

ChrisG- the younger wrote:
LesterB wrote:
Does any one know what software is being used to create this illusion?? :D


I believe the technical name for the software in question is Stella Artois

Great for manipulating vision!


Well I once went home with with a girl who was the spitting image of Cybill Shepherd and woke up next to Les Dawsons love child.

Anyway - Double Trouble and Roustabout: Lets see what STARs software can do??

Re: Elvis Movie Girls Are Getting better Looking??

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:28 pm

LesterB wrote:
Well I once went home with with a girl who was the spitting image of Cybill Shepherd and woke up next to Les Dawsons love child.



F*** me, you know her aswell!
From Cybill Shepard to German Shepard in a few short hours... I'm glad I'm not the only one.... :lol:

Re: Elvis Movie Girls Are Getting better Looking??

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:30 pm

ChrisG- the younger wrote:
LesterB wrote:
Does any one know what software is being used to create this illusion?? :D


I believe the technical name for the software in question is Stella Artois

Great for manipulating vision!


That gal Stella's been round the track a few times with the lads on here I can tell ya. But i don't care, I love her, see?

Seriously Lester, if you drink enough Stella you'll eventually get the hots for ColinB. :wink:
I mean, I think that's what would happen, that's what someone else told me. :oops:

Re: Elvis Movie Girls Are Getting better Looking??

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:42 pm

Steve_M wrote:
ChrisG- the younger wrote:
LesterB wrote:
Does any one know what software is being used to create this illusion?? :D


I believe the technical name for the software in question is Stella Artois

Great for manipulating vision!


That gal Stella's been round the track a few times with the lads on here I can tell ya. But i don't care, I love her, see?

Seriously Lester, if you drink enough Stella you'll eventually get the hots for ColinB. :wink:
I mean, I think that's what would happen, that's what someone else told me. :oops:


Steve - I know certain posts can go off at a tangent but how on earth did we get to the point of good looking girls in Elvis movies to getting the hots for ColinB?? Surely there must be somthing in the quide lines to stop this happening again in the future :shock: :D

Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:02 pm

No tangent - I take it you've never seen a center spread of ColinB ?

The real answer to your question as to why I manage to reduce threads to the level mentioned is back to Stella Artois again. I have downed a few now and so this is what happens...

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:25 am

Steve_M wrote:No tangent - I take it you've never seen a center spread of ColinB ?...


Why I end up the butt of so much cheap humour on here is beyond me.

I reckon it's ageism in its worst form, soon to be illegal in the UK.

So watch out, the FECC Police are watching and waiting !

Getting back to LesterB's original point, I already wrote on here some time ago about Kid Galahad.

At the time I had eyes only for Rose [Joan Blackman] but seeing the film in more recent years I couldn't understand how I didn't appreciate the charms of the older Dolly [Lola Albright] !

Time and age gives us a different perspective on things.

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:46 am

Male MB members getting the hots for Colin B? Colin in a - gasp - center spread? Damn, but this place is getting more than a little weird. If somebody posts real audio of Dueling Banjos I'm outta here!

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:05 pm

woodleyjohn wrote:Not to mention poor eyesight.


Oh, I don't know.................

With my glasses on, I reckon my eyesight is as good as anybody's !

Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:00 pm

ColinB wrote:
Steve_M wrote:No tangent - I take it you've never seen a center spread of ColinB ?...


Why I end up the butt of so much cheap humour on here is beyond me.

I reckon it's ageism in its worst form, soon to be illegal in the UK.

So watch out, the FECC Police are watching and waiting !

Getting back to LesterB's original point, I already wrote on here some time ago about Kid Galahad.

At the time I had eyes only for Rose [Joan Blackman] but seeing the film in more recent years I couldn't understand how I didn't appreciate the charms of the older Dolly [Lola Albright] !

Time and age gives us a different perspective on things.

What about Barbara Stanwyck - how is she looking to you? :wink:

Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:39 pm

She is one hot gal!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:55 pm

LesterB wrote:What about Barbara Stanwyck - how is she looking to you? :wink:



I'm there (in my head) with her right now!

She aint as good as Colin B though :oops:

Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:01 am

Steve_M wrote:
LesterB wrote:What about Barbara Stanwyck - how is she looking to you? :wink:



I'm there (in my head) with her right now!

She aint as good as Colin B though :oops:


[That's enough ColinB jokes - The Management]

Well, the Barbara Stanwyk of Double Indemnity was a stunner !

OK, by the time of Roustabout her best days were behind her, but even then.............

The one who always looked old was Julie Adams in Tickle Me ................. but she was up against some pretty hot competition in that film !

Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:56 am

ColinB wrote:
The one who always looked old was Julie Adams in Tickle Me ................. but she was up against some pretty hot competition in that film !


Colin -
Rewind the clock back to '54 and Julie Adams is one major hottie in Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:21 am

Pete Dube wrote:
ColinB wrote:
The one who always looked old was Julie Adams in Tickle Me ................. but she was up against some pretty hot competition in that film !


Colin -
Rewind the clock back to '54 and Julie Adams is one major hottie in Creature From The Black Lagoon.


Oh yeah, she had her day !

What I really meant was that she looked old when the Tickle Me film came out, and she looks old when you watch it now !

She doesn't seem to have 'improved' like those mentioned earlier.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:46 am

Speaking of Tickle Me - Jocelyn Lane!!!

On a scale of 1 to 10 - I would give her one :D

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:48 am

CGI can improve most everything so there's still hope for the old Elvis movies. But for all the old ugly dirty men here CGI can do nothing to improve you. You will always stay the same :lol:

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:49 am

http://elviswomen.greggers.net/lanejocelyn.htm

No CGI needed here

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:50 am

Yeah, speaking of Tickle Me when will we get it on DVD? Jocelyn Lane IS number one! Don't know how your scale works but she is hot.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:54 am

ElvisAhlgren wrote:Yeah, speaking of Tickle Me when will we get it on DVD? Jocelyn Lane IS number one! Don't know how your scale works but she is hot.


Anyone in the UK will know how my scale of 1 to 10 works when I say I would give Jocely Lane one :lol:

Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Good - it's about time we had another thread about Jocelyn Lane. It must be weeks since the last one.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:23 pm

Elvis' movie girls probably are getting better looking -- in comparison to the rail-thin, over-moisturised, poorly-dressed, super-frumpy egomaniacs we have passing for women in most mainstream films today.