All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:59 pm

KHoots wrote:
ColinB wrote:...I may be a sentimental old Fool...

I wouldn't say that, Colin. You are certainly not sentimental. :wink:

I never typed 'fool' - the system edited my word & replaced it !

Can you believe that ?

Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:47 am

midnightx wrote:...There is nothing obnoxious about stating a negative opinion of Elvis The Concert...

I can agree with that from those who have actually attended the show. You obviously have not. Check it out sometime, in person, then tell me it's "bizarre." Better yet, say it to the TCB Band.

By the way, exactly how does appreciating the EIC footage equate to playing with "bobble heads and glitter globe lamps"? You lost me here, chief. Having a hangup about Elvis's weight doesn't make you superior in your fandom. It makes you superficial.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:24 am

Having a hangup about Elvis's weight doesn't make you superior in your fandom. It makes you superficial.

When did I claim or imply that I have an issue with Elvis' weight? Is that the problem with EIC for you, his excess weight? There were many more serious pressing issues with Elvis during EIC than just weight-gain. One could argue that the fan who is practically screaming and begging for an official release of this horrible footage and mostly embarrassing audio from The King is the fan with the issues. Some fans on this board care about Elvis' legacy and artistic reputation and would prefer that Elvis' lowest and most embarrassing moments on stage that happen to have been filmed remain only available in the underground market.

Better yet, say it to the TCB Band.

Hey, these guys need to make living. Who can blame them, it is a good financial opportunity for them. But if they could make the same money touring by performing their own material without playing to Elvis on a jumbo-tron, you can bet they would opt for the first option.

Amazing, the Elvis fan that is anti-Elvis The Concert and anti-EIC is somehow a non-fan that thinks they are superior. You and Kylan are the ones with superiority complexes; the fact that you give Elvis The Concert thumbs up and would like to see EIC footage on a jumbo-tron somehow makes you more of fan. Enjoy Elvis The Concert all you want, it is your right to do so. Knock yourself out.... :wink:

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:18 am

midnightx wrote:..When did I claim or imply that I have an issue with Elvis' weight? Is that the problem with EIC for you, his excess weight?

If I had a problem with Elvis's excess weight, I would have been agreeing with you all along, and I would see EIC as being "atrocious." But, that's not what I see when I watch that show. Sure, I see a man in trouble; but I also see a man giving everything he has for the people who love him. And, even if he is not at his best, he's still damned good. You didn't have to claim or imply anything. It's between the lines that I see what I see.

Hey, we can agree to disagree here. I just wish you'd keep a more open mind about Elvis The Concert, and not judge it without seeing it. :D

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:22 pm

well said Khoots
Rick