All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

30th ANNIVERSARY CONCERT speculation...

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:45 pm

I know it is almost a year from now, but what do you guys think, what can we expect.... i mean the 25th concert had some nice surprises, with the 50's and 60's stuff.

I hope they will surprise us one more time, they cant just play the same show again.....or can they?

C'mon guys (and girls) what are your thoughts (or secret hopes)

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:47 pm

C'mon guys (and girls) what are your thoughts (or secret hopes)


That HE finally will step out of the long black limousine that always enters the building! :D :wink:

elvis

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:55 pm

Well Jeroen, the first time in 1997, it really shook me up, and also when he stopped singing during SUSPICIOUS MINDS, and the band kept on playing.... i thought, IF there was ever a moment of doubt, this was it.

But seriously, would be nice to see some new stuff wouldnt it?

Re: elvis

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:08 pm

stari062 wrote:Well Jeroen, the first time in 1997, it really shook me up, and also when he stopped singing during SUSPICIOUS MINDS, and the band kept on playing.... i thought, IF there was ever a moment of doubt, this was it.

But seriously, would be nice to see some new stuff wouldnt it?

I still remember the feeling that night in the crowd in 1997 was electrifying!
Also a little detail I can recall was when the limousine stopped and the drums started after 2001, You saw a big white spotlight shining on one screen and then a sillouete of "Elvis " walked towards the big screen..
And when Suspicious Minds stopped, everybody had that look on their face like :?: "what's gonna happen" :?: It was one of those things you never forget...Brr shiffers again...


And what could be done now? I guess performances like duets with well known people with a Elvis connection! And as it could possibly be the last performance of Elvis with the TCB band backing up, a nice farewell gift would be appreciated.. Remember that the 30th anniversary could very well be the highest point The Elvis rollercoaster will get,and it could be an amazing ride! But this is the place and time to start organizing, maybe we as fans together could also add something to it. So if there is one place where fans can show their ideas it would be this forum.We all know that the official Elvis people check this board also.
Maybe they will give us a preview of A hollographic Elvis prerformance.. ideas anyone???

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:55 pm

They should finally put in a song from Elvis In Concert. For example "Hurt". I know it will never happen because the EPE thinks that Elvis died after the Aloha show of 1973......bastards.

Re: 30th ANNIVERSARY CONCERT speculation...

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:57 pm

stari062 wrote:I know it is almost a year from now, but what do you guys think, what can we expect.... i mean the 25th concert had some nice surprises, with the 50's and 60's stuff.

I hope they will surprise us one more time, they cant just play the same show again.....or can they?

C'mon guys (and girls) what are your thoughts (or secret hopes)


Well maybe they will play along to an entire Elvis On Tour concert - which colour suit do you fancy?? :D

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:16 pm

The expectation level is very high for this event, if ticket sales are any indication. It looks as though they are moving at a brisk pace since they became available.

I would expect Priscilla and Lisa Marie to speak, as they did at the '97 event, but who knows? It would be awesome if Lisa put together another vocal tribute to her dad, as she did so beautifully in '97. That was a show-stopper. Maybe she could sing it live this time with the TCB Band backing her?

Whatever they decide, I am sure it will be a magical night.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:27 pm

They should finally put in a song from Elvis In Concert. For example "Hurt". I know it will never happen because the EPE thinks that Elvis died after the Aloha show of 1973......bastards.


Yeah, nothing like seeing Omaha 77 footage on a giant jumbo-tron screen. Talk about hurting....

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:39 pm

midnightx wrote:
They should finally put in a song from Elvis In Concert. For example "Hurt". I know it will never happen because the EPE thinks that Elvis died after the Aloha show of 1973......bastards.


Yeah, nothing like seeing Omaha 77 footage on a giant jumbo-tron screen. Talk about hurting....




I was talking about Rapid City mate. And you are one of those "I deny that Elvis did In Concert '77" fan too ?.....I feel sorry for you.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:34 pm

Well maybe they will play along to an entire Elvis On Tour concert - which colour suit do you fancy??


How about a red suit for a change? Maybe THEN we will actually see this stuff :lol:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:38 pm

I was talking about Rapid City mate. And you are one of those "I deny that Elvis did In Concert '77" fan too ?.....I feel sorry for you.


Never have denied that Elvis did the EIC special. Just not one of those "EIC is actually very good and Elvis doesn't really look that bad and a recut version would be a wonderful release for the masses" fan like yourself.

An "Elvis The Concert" event is ridiculous enough as it is, no reason to add injury to insult by showcasing a brutal shot of Elvis from EIC on a jumbo-tron screen.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:36 pm

midnightx wrote:
I was talking about Rapid City mate. And you are one of those "I deny that Elvis did In Concert '77" fan too ?.....I feel sorry for you.


Never have denied that Elvis did the EIC special. Just not one of those "EIC is actually very good and Elvis doesn't really look that bad and a recut version would be a wonderful release for the masses" fan like yourself.

An "Elvis The Concert" event is ridiculous enough as it is, no reason to add injury to insult by showcasing a brutal shot of Elvis from EIC on a jumbo-tron screen.



I never said he didn't looked that bad, because I know he did. But I tell you what I don't care how he looked. He nailed "Hurt" in Rapid City and that is what counts, my friend.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:04 am

I never said he didn't looked that bad, because I know he did. But I tell you what I don't care how he looked. He nailed "Hurt" in Rapid City and that is what counts, my friend.


He nailed a couple of songs in Rapid City, but that doesn't mean the footage should be exploited during an Elvis The Concert event.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:47 am

carolynlm wrote:so tell me....what happened when 'Suspicious Minds' stopped......
During Suspicious Minds someone backstage axcidently pulled the plug from the video player, So the band was really going and Elvis singin his heart out (as always) and suddenly the screen was black and Elvis's voice gone, but Ronnie kept the band going, until finally the power was back on,and they did the song once more. But just sitting there with all this excitement, right there ,it was eerie!
Hope you understand now :lol: 8)

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:43 am

midnightx wrote:
I never said he didn't looked that bad, because I know he did. But I tell you what I don't care how he looked. He nailed "Hurt" in Rapid City and that is what counts, my friend.


He nailed a couple of songs in Rapid City, but that doesn't mean the footage should be exploited during an Elvis The Concert event.



Why not ? Are you ashamed of Elvis about how he looked ? Are you a fan ?

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:59 pm

Nora Sivle wrote:
carolynlm wrote:so tell me....what happened when 'Suspicious Minds' stopped......
During Suspicious Minds someone backstage axcidently pulled the plug from the video player, So the band was really going and Elvis singin his heart out (as always) and suddenly the screen was black and Elvis's voice gone, but Ronnie kept the band going, until finally the power was back on,and they did the song once more. But just sitting there with all this excitement, right there ,it was eerie! 8)


I remember the band looking at each other wondering what had happened, but their instincts kicked in and they just kept playing. People also forget that Lisa actually did "Don't Cry, Daddy" twice. The response was so great that Priscilla came back out and asked to have the video played again.

I was a bit surprised to see the VIP tickets go as quickly as they did, but they flew out the door. I understand there are 400 of them, so I'm not sure how "VIP" one can be in a group that large.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:10 pm

Hurt or How Great Thou Art from '77 wopuld result in a standing ovation!
rick

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:11 pm

KHoots wrote:......People also forget that Lisa actually did "Don't Cry, Daddy" twice. The response was so great that Priscilla came back out and asked to have the video played again.


I may be a sentimental old Fool, but I think Lisa's 'tribute' to her daddy merits a 'proper' release.

Not sure what they could put it with now, but the DVD Elvis by the Presleys was an opportunity lost.

We haven't even had a decent release of the audio, only a 'from-the-audience' type of thing.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:01 pm

rickeap wrote:Hurt or How Great Thou Art from '77 wopuld result in a standing ovation!
rick



Thanks Rick for the support ! You're right.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:58 pm

ColinB wrote:...I may be a sentimental old Fool...


I wouldn't say that, Colin. You are certainly not sentimental. :wink:

You're absolutely right about it being an "opportunity lost." That segment was the highlight of the event--the biggest thing the fans took home with them from the show.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:04 pm

Why not ? Are you ashamed of Elvis about how he looked ? Are you a fan ?


Ashamed? I didn't know the man.

Are you a fan? It is hard to fathom a "fan" wanting atrocious images of Elvis on a jumbo-tron. But, hey, let it all hang out if it works for you. The whole Elvis The Concert event is so bizarre. Have a good time....

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:27 pm

midnightx wrote:It is hard to fathom a "fan" wanting atrocious images of Elvis on a jumbo-tron. But, hey, let it all hang out if it works for you. The whole Elvis The Concert event is so bizarre. Have a good time....


What's even harder to fathom is a "fan" referring to Elvis--or his image-- as being "atrocious."

What say you break down and actually attend a show before you refer to it as being "bizarre." Fair enough? If, after that time, you still find it "bizarre," then so be it. But you're hardly qualified to pass judgement.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:40 pm

What say you break down and actually attend a show before you refer to it as being "bizarre." Fair enough? If, after that time, you still find it "bizarre," then so be it. But you're hardly qualified to pass judgement.


You have no idea if I am qualified to pass judgement on this issue or not. Your opinion is that it is a worthy event to attend, so good for you.

What's even harder to fathom is a "fan" referring to Elvis--or his image-- as being "atrocious."


Glad you find the Omaha/Rapid City 77 footage so appealing. The EIC Special was a disgrace and very sad event. Elvis certainly had a few fine performances for the era scattered throughout, but the majority of that special is terrible and the visuals are even worse. Sorry that being able to view the footage in a honost fashion is hard to fathom for you. Have fun playing with your Elvis bobble-heads and glitter globe lamp from EPE.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:02 pm

midnightx wrote:
What say you break down and actually attend a show before you refer to it as being "bizarre." Fair enough? If, after that time, you still find it "bizarre," then so be it. But you're hardly qualified to pass judgement.


You have no idea if I am qualified to pass judgement on this issue or not. Your opinion is that it is a worthy event to attend, so good for you.

What's even harder to fathom is a "fan" referring to Elvis--or his image-- as being "atrocious."


Glad you find the Omaha/Rapid City 77 footage so appealing. The EIC Special was a disgrace and very sad event. Elvis certainly had a few fine performances for the era scattered throughout, but the majority of that special is terrible and the visuals are even worse. Sorry that being able to view the footage in a honost fashion is hard to fathom for you. Have fun playing with your Elvis bobble-heads and glitter globe lamp from EPE.


dude grow up! yes i agree that the EIC footage is horrible, but thats about it. im sorry your small brain can't handle the concept of the live band playing along to previously filmed footage we all have in droves on a big screen. If you want to call that bizarre, be my guest but get a friggin grip! Just because some as i do enjoy the concert doesn't warrent the incredibally obnoxious "holier then thou, im a better fan" bullshit that runs rampant on this board about buying globe lamps and bobble heads from EPE. Act your age instead of your IO fella. I know like most on here, you are a miserable sad sack and being an Elvis fan is one long bitch fest and miserable experience for you, but please dont try to drag someone else into ur misery, ok? some fans actually do enjoy being an Elvis fan and have a hell of alot of fun with it and surprisingly at the same time are not kissing EPE's ass or buying some of the sh*t they license to peddle.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:32 pm

im sorry your small brain can't handle the concept of the live band playing along to previously filmed footage we all have in droves on a big screen.


Please explain how I can't handle the concept. I think the concert is joke. You think it is a great event. So because you think it is great, you somehow are able to "handle" it while others who see it as sort of ridiculous can't "handle" it? Brilliant logic from your very large brain.

yes i agree that the EIC footage is horrible, but thats about it.


So what is your point exactly? The footage is horrible, but you want the images exploding from a jumbo-tron screen so you can hear Elvis bellowing through a version of Hurt? Please explain.

Just because some as i do enjoy the concert doesn't warrent the incredibally obnoxious "holier then thou, im a better fan" bullshit that runs rampant on this board about buying globe lamps and bobble heads from EPE.


I never claimed or implied that I was a better fan over anyone else on this board. There is nothing obnoxious about stating a negative opinion of Elvis The Concert. You are the one who is getting bent out of shape and posted a pretty aggressive response. Think about it. Maybe you are the one who needs to get a grip and stop being so emotional over a messageboard post. And don't pretend that you don't have an Elvis globe lamp... :wink: