All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:32 pm

Yes and 100 rather boring songs in Essential 70s masters box :lol:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:41 pm

deadringer wrote:Yes and 100 rather boring songs in Essential 70s masters box :lol:

I guess I don't understand.....

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:49 pm

One of the two releases will be cancelled and there is gonna be ONE release with these new Huntsville shows.

No need to mention that they will be oh so welcome here ! 8)

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:49 pm

Well just kidding... I mean... these 4 shows are not boring, Ton. Huntsville show were generally very good ones! At least audience tapes show this.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:59 pm

deadringer wrote:Yes and 100 rather boring songs in Essential 70s masters box :lol:

I noticed that too!! You would have thought thay could have found at least a few half decent tracks to put in amongst the dross. Especially disc 3, all that Nashville 1970 crap!!

Oh, and don't get me started on discs 1 & 2!! A & B sides of the singles? Man that just sucks :wink:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:08 pm

BIGREDG wrote:

I noticed that too!! You would have thought thay could have found at least a few half decent tracks to put in amongst the dross. Especially disc 3, all that Nashville 1970 crap!!

Oh, and don't get me started on discs 1 & 2!! A & B sides of the singles? Man that just sucks :wink:

Watch out. Youre disrespecting Mr. Jorgensen's choices made on this box. And someone on this MB doesn't like that. :D

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:19 pm

3577 wrote:Watch out. Youre disrespecting Mr. Jorgensen's choices made on this box. And someone on this MB doesn't like that. :D

No disrespect intended; his taste is just awful and he is a worthless no good loser!!

(I think perhaps I have been reading too many DJC postings :wink: )

I am not being rude, I am just telling the truth and if you don't like it then you are a pathetic loser too!!

Just having a bit of fun BTW, I am a big fan of Ernst and the 70s Box Set!!!

Re: a profile

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:59 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:...Here are some facts from the import top 40 : 7 releases in the top

10 by Baxter, Bilko, Southern Comfort and 2001... as you should

know: one and the same label... Only 1 Madison in the same

top10... Nearly 50% of the top 40 is filled by the above mentioned

labels!

The top 10 is dominated by Tallhair's (boss') output - Madison are obviously just a flash in the pan lol :-)

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:33 pm

deadringer wrote:Well just kidding... I mean... these 4 shows are not boring, Ton. Huntsville show were generally very good ones! At least audience tapes show this.

With 4 times the same tracklist in one box ? I rather prefer shows from different dates, that's what I meant.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 pm

No i don't think 4 Huntsville shows is boring at all....ok so arguably we had many of the 'rarities' on the Southern Nights FTD and most likely the shows would also be 'incomplete' soundboards, but hell as a box set i'd find this MOST WELCOME!! in fact i said to a friend about 10 years ago 'wouldn't a Huntsville 75' boxset be great!!! :roll: :wink:

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:50 am

I don't believe that this box will ever see the light of day until I'll hold it in my hands. I'll stick with the upcoming Madison release of two Huntsville concerts.

Joern

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:18 pm

:? yes from what iv'e just heard Joern i wouldn't be expecting it in my xmas stocking!! ...as you say will believe it when its in my hands!

a profile

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:23 pm

... so, share with us, what youve heard?

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:02 pm

If this box will see the light of day, it ain't a ''real'' Fort Baxter.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:35 pm

All i'm saying is these things cannot be 'rushed' you have to wait and see, just because it's announced doesn't give a release shape or form date...you just have to wait! :roll:

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:02 am

Hope these rumors are true. I would love to have these 4 shows released in soundboard quality. Certainly something to hope for and look forward to.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:42 am

Frankly, in 2006, after so very many releases from the May-June 1975 tour, a four CD box set of July 1975 in Asheville, NC would be infinitely preferrable.

Or a four CD box set of December 27-30, 1976 -- Elvis' best of the year. We already have December 31 on FTD, let's take that million dollar quartet -- now there's a catchy title -- and give 'em the royal treatment.

These are killer, later-period Elvis dates.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:09 am

8) Actually Doc here your comment is spot on but with just 1 huge problem..... bootleggers cannot pick and chosse their soundboards from the whole list, they just have to get whats 'available' not what they want! :cry:

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:15 am

BIGREDG wrote:

Actually disc 1 & 2 is really an awesome concept, the problem is it would have worked much better on a standalone double disc set highlighting Elvis' 70's charts success. In the context of the box set this approach is entirely misplaced as it rips the tracks out of their chronological order.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:27 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Frankly, in 2006, after so very many releases from the May-June 1975 tour, a four CD box set of July 1975 in Asheville, NC would be infinitely preferrable.

Or a four CD box set of December 27-30, 1976 -- Elvis' best of the year. We already have December 31 on FTD, let's take that million dollar quartet -- now there's a catchy title -- and give 'em the royal treatment.

These are killer, later-period Elvis dates.

I agree Doc, but i would rather have a boxset of the July '75 Ashville shows on soundboard than the December 27-31 shows, just my opinion.

a profile

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:24 am

... If you read the import news page on this site, 2 Huntsville shows

with bookletS are mentioned. Nowhere it sez a double cd... Other

Elvis sites copied the Norwegian info, who must have wrongly

interpretated the text on the import news page in the first place.

... Yes, I agree with you, YDKM, titles are often announced long

before they are actually released. I think this is their way of

saying; "competition, back off, its ours, and we're doing the cd!"

It could be very well being the case with the Huntsville shows...

... They are in the possesion of no less than 4 units with access

to have them turned into little silver devils! God forbid!

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:37 am

:shock: well said Ger.... people will be waiting a LONG time for these show(s) after this thread has died..remember waiting a long, long time for the Greensboro 30.6.76 show CD? :wink:

a profile

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:49 am

... No, I dont know the story behind Greensboro 76. Before coming

on the mb, a year and a half ago, I'd lost contact with what was going

on in the wonderful world of boots. Sometimes, correction, often

I wish I could go back, and not having to be confronted with all

the amateur sh*t that is still frequently posted on the various sites.

Tiger Man Anthology?... Get me a gun!

a profile

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:36 am

... The Profile 4 cd set [ with photo booklet] set for 2'nd half of

october... can we have some of the artwork on display, gentlemen?!

a profile

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:12 pm

... Keep your eyes on the various sites, in the next couple o' days.

The artwork for the 4 cd Profile Box will be revealed shortly...

You think it will have a jumpsuit shot on the front?! :wink: