All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

A PROFILE - THE KING ON STAGE VOL. 3 !!!

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:55 am

From Oven Egeland's site:

"A PROFILE - THE KING ON STAGE VOL. 3

From reliable sources - a new Profile box has been announced. A Profile - The King On Stage Volume 3 will contain 4 shows from Huntsville 1975. This 4 cd box-set will include two shows from May 31 and two shows from June 1. Said to come from recently found, top-notch soundboard recordings. As with the other Profile box-sets this one will be limited.

More information about label, content and cover will come later.

At the same time, Madison has announced a double CD release containing two shows from Huntsville, namely the evening show from May 31 and the afternoon show from June 1.

A war in the bootleg world? Do you remember A Capital Performance?"

Image Image Image Image

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:00 am

Can this really be true? All I know is that IF another label wants to compete with Madison, they will have to try pretty damn hard! After all Madison is the Rolls Royce of Elvis bootleg labels.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:01 am

Yeah I remember that war - and the sound on the LMP release was absolute SHITE!

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:49 pm

Yes i found reading this 'news' VERY interesting! also interesting is that in both Tunzi's sessiions 2 & 3 both books simply DO NOT list the opening tour show as recorded in Huntsville on 30th May 1975!...mind you it's really only a version of That's Allright that's a 'rarity' during that show so if we ever get 4 out of the 5 huntsville shows i most certainly would be VERY interested in that boxset!...however sometimes things take ages to come out... so i guess we'll just wait and see?? :roll:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:08 pm

Is it Fort Baxter that are behind this? Maybe the release of the 'classic' series has wetted their appetite for more?

Andrew

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:38 pm

AndrewJ wrote:Is it Fort Baxter that are behind this? Maybe the release of the 'classic' series has wetted their appetite for more?

Andrew

I spoke with Mr Baxter today, and they are NOT behind this release.

Johanesson wrote:From Oven Egeland's site:

Why do you think there's a war???

Re: A PROFILE - THE KING ON STAGE VOL. 3 !!!

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:45 pm

Johanesson wrote:A war in the bootleg world? Do you remember A Capital Performance?"

A war between Fort Baxter & Madison?

Now that would be the most amusing fight ever seen :lol:

I love to see guys beat themselves up :smt062

a profile

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:50 pm

... hmm... interesting... So who's behind the classic Baxter releases?

I just love mysteries! 8)

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:58 pm

:D :D :D

Re: a profile

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:03 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... hmm... interesting... So who's behind the classic Baxter releases?

I just love mysteries! 8)

Is it Sir Rodney Ffing a.k.a. The Black Fingernail?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:11 pm

It could very well be ... because per pure coincidence these are all shows that were taken to daylight for FTD's "Southern Nights" ...

a profile

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:30 pm

... Keith, my little friend... I know you would like to give birth to

Ernst his baby, and having a crush on mr.Madison is okay with me.

But calling Madison the Rolls Royce of the import world, is taking it

a little too far.

...Here are some facts from the import top 40 : 7 releases in the top

10 by Baxter, Bilko, Southern Comfort and 2001... as you should

know: one and the same label... Only 1 Madison in the same

top10... Nearly 50% of the top 40 is filled by the above mentioned

labels!... And only 5 from Madison . So... its more likely a 2nd

hand volkswagen, than a Royce... :lol:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:32 pm

:lol:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:42 pm

Oven Egeland wrote this,not me :D See the quotation marks.

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/news.html

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:48 pm

Johanesson wrote:

Oven Egeland wrote this,not me :D See the quotation marks.

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/news.html

I've only visited this site a couple of times, nothing there for me...

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:48 pm

If THE Fort Baxter is not behind this release then someone else is stealing the beautiful concept of the Baxter boys!!!.

What also worries me is that they only anounced what the two of four cd's will be. My fear is that the other 2 shows will be concerts we already have. They will ofcourse claim that the shows will be remastered etc but for me that will make that Boxset a release I will NOT buy.

I hope the Baxter Boys will find a way to stop them 'impersonaterbootleggers' and release the long awaited follow up to 'A Profile Vol.2' themselves!

Nothing beats the real thing.

And: Ger is right: the Import Top 20 says it all: Baxter, Bilko, 2001, Southern Comfort....those will be the legendary labels, FOREVER!

Madison did a REAL good job on the Legendary series but also released many cd's with crappy sound (because of lousy remastering through PC).
So there still is a lot of work to do for Madison before they can claim the No.1 position...

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:06 pm

JeroenNL wrote:And: Ger is right: the Import Top 20 says it all: Baxter, Bilko, 2001, Southern Comfort....those will be the legendary labels, FOREVER!

I know, I know. I have many classic releases by 2001, Bilko and Fort Baxter. I was trying to say that Madison rules right now, in 2006 (when those other labels aren't too active anymore), and that if a completely new, unknown label were going to compete with them by releasing the same shows at the same time, they would have to come up with something spectacular - or else I will definitely spend my money on the Madison CD.

Don't worry, Ger. I have a serious crush on Mr Baxter too... :D

Keith Richards, Jr.
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

a profile

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:11 pm

... contents of the 4 cd box, as I was told : May 31 afternoon and evening,

June 1st afternoon and evening... and yes, ofcourse, everybody and

his dog, can use "Profile" anyway they want. Just like "A Legendary

Performer"... Still excellent releases though.

Re: a profile

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:13 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... contents of the 4 cd box, as I was told : May 31 afternoon and evening,

June 1st afternoon and evening... and yes, ofcourse, everybody and

his dog, can use "Profile" anyway they want. Just like "A Legendary

Performer"... Still excellent releases though.

Do you think Madison will abandon their release, or has it gone too far already?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:17 pm

Just a speculation: what if Madison would continue the Profile box series, just as they continued the Legendary Performer series without being asked? This would solve the riddle of two seemingly different but simultaneous release announcements.

Be it as it may, such a Meta-FTD deluxe version of the classical album Southern Nights would be very welcome.

a profile

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:26 pm

... Are you talking to me...?

Jeez, that was a good De Niro impersonation, if I say so myself :lol:

... Ask mr. and mrs. Madison... Im sure they keep a minute to

minute acount of what's going on in the wonderful world of imports.

... Aint that right, Bob? :wink:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:30 pm

I don't care who will release the box. The shows are all unreleased (except a few songs),the sound quality will be good hopefully,that is the most important thing.
Otherwise,not everybody can afford a 4 CD-set and not everybody wants to own 4 quite similar shows ---> these people will buy the Madison double CD. Or the Southern Nights FTD :)

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:39 pm

Just a speculation: what if Madison would continue the Profile box series, just as they continued the Legendary Performer series without being asked? This would solve the riddle of two seemingly different but simultaneous release announcements.

That sounds far too sensible to be true :wink:

a profile

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:06 pm

... Madison doing future Profile volumes?!

Thou must be joking, my son! Lets wait and see just how loyal the

import crowd will be, when the 4 cd box sees the light of day within

the next few weeks... while Madison still have to get their act

together on Holding Down Your Trousers... :lol:

... "New Madison release just around the corner"... another topic

here on the mb says... what corner?... Where?... Timbucktoo?

... And best of all: it doesnt worry me, who's first... I dont collect

soundboards.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:16 pm

Rather boring 4 same shows in one box isn't it ?