All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

What was the real cause of Gladys Presleys death?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:17 am

Graceland says its was acute hepititus but on The Gospel Music of Elvis Presley DVD that says she died of a heart attack. Now which one was it?

Re: What was the real cause of Gladys Presleys death?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:50 am

USMale wrote:Graceland says its was acute hepititus ...

Yes, Gladys died from a very grave case of hepatitis.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:32 pm

I thought Gladys passed away from heart failure in relation to the Hepatitis??

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:51 pm

I heard a rumor that she was on the plane with the Big Bopper and there was some kind of gun play involved. Just a rumor, though.

Tom

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:55 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:I heard a rumor that she was on the plane with the Big Bopper and there was some kind of gun play involved. Just a rumor, though.

Tom

"I wish I had said that". LMAO :lol:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:28 pm

Yeah, i know some of these replies are witty but lets have abit of respect for Elvis's mum.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:09 pm

Sean wrote:Yeah, i know some of these replies are witty but lets have abit of respect for Elvis's mum.

Yes sir!! I feel suitably chastened :smt018

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:10 pm

Sean,
C'mon! I have nothing but respect for Mrs. Presley's memory, but if you can't laugh at these then you're just not having enough fun.

Tom

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:43 pm

Hi Tom,

I dont wanna be a killjoy and im all for having a laugh but I just was trying to stop this thread, which started off as a serious thread, turn into a , "lets make fun of Elvis's Mums death", thats all.

If a fan has respect for Glady's memory, i would have thought the last thing they would do would be to make jokes about her like that.

No problem thought.Maybe i missed the point.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:29 am

I don't think the jokes were on Gladys' death...I think they were more conspiracy theory jokes...wether a gun was fired in Buddy Holly's plane that fateful night, or who REALLY shot JFK...

I didn't see any disrespect to Gladys at all.

Just one man's point of view...

Axe

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:00 am

Gladys was never autopsied..........but the doctors felt that she ultimately succumbed to a heart attack brought on by the effects of acute hepatitis, per Elaine Dundy's indispensible "Elvis and Gladys".

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:48 am

Let's be frank (bill, ted or whoever) here, Presley' old lady was a stark - raving alco (holic) who also loved the (I need 'em man!) pills. Ol' Vern use to beat her up while she was in this state! That's why Presley phoned home to check on to see whether or not he was going to have to lay into his old man! Gladys use to do the same when it was Vern' turn on the slops! They're some that say that there are only two states to be in . . either pissed or sober! Oh, what a family :roll:!

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:04 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Let's be frank (bill, ted or whoever) here ...

Your post manages to be both incredibly insensitive and almost complete bullsh*t. Nice work.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:35 pm

WOW! Boy, did this thread take an unbelievably nasty turn. I think you are way out of line thefunkyangel. Geesh!

Tom

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:18 pm

Funkyangel,

Maybe its best of you just posted more rare and brilliant pics and not write anything. :lol:

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:19 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Let's be frank (bill, ted or whoever) here, Presley' old lady was a stark - raving alco (holic) who also loved the (I need 'em man!) pills. Ol' Vern use to beat her up while she was in this state! That's why Presley phoned home to check on to see whether or not he was going to have to lay into his old man! Gladys use to do the same when it was Vern' turn on the slops! They're some that say that there are only two states to be in . . either pissed or sober! Oh, what a family :roll:!

Note to Sean - Now that is disrespect!!

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:14 pm

I agree totally.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:52 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Let's be frank (bill, ted or whoever) here, Presley' old lady was a stark - raving alco (holic) who also loved the (I need 'em man!) pills. Ol' Vern use to beat her up while she was in this state! That's why Presley phoned home to check on to see whether or not he was going to have to lay into his old man! Gladys use to do the same when it was Vern' turn on the slops! They're some that say that there are only two states to be in . . either pissed or sober! Oh, what a family :roll:!

Totally uncalled for. Show some respect.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:37 am

Come on guys, me being disrespectful or not, that is what really went on in the Presley family! Don't hang **** on me for telling you like it is, because that is like you being disrespectful to me telling the truth! If I said Vern and Gladys were like Mike and Carol Brady, then you guys would probally praise my opinion! I am an historian just like you are, so take off the rose tinted glasses and keep to the facts. Remember, freedom of speech!
I wont justify myself another time . . . . .

Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:25 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Come on guys, me being disrespectful or not, that is what really went on in the Presley family! Don't hang **** on me for telling you like it is, because that is like you being disrespectful to me telling the truth! If I said Vern and Gladys were like Mike and Carol Brady, then you guys would probally praise my opinion! I am an historian just like you are, so take off the rose tinted glasses and keep to the facts. Remember, freedom of speech!
I wont justify myself another time . . . . .

You are one rude classless individual and you dont know what went on in that home because you werent there. If you cant show some class on this board you need to stop posting.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:59 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Come on guys, me being disrespectful or not ...

So that part really doesn't matter, eh? Good for you, it's your MB, right?

thefunkyangel wrote:... that is what really went on in the Presley family! Don't hang **** on me for telling you like it is, because that is like you being disrespectful to me telling the truth! ... I am an historian ... Remember, freedom of speech!

No, that is NOT "what really went on in the Presley family" -- your post was bullsh*t, as I already wrote.

Nothing in the credible biographies and interviews of the last 50 years depict the Presley family in such severe manner. It's not wearing "rose-colored glasses" to claim this, it is stating a FACT.

As a self-proclaimed "historian," please prove me wrong and present evidence to the contrary, or apologize for your grievous error.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:02 am

Funkyangel,

Read what the Doc says, he knows his stuff.(Doc, my I.Q. is getting higher :wink: )

Even if this was true,its the way you described it which was so disrespectful.

Alot of members are gonna turn against you cause of this funky. :twisted:
Last edited by Guest on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:03 am

Let's not ride the funky one too hard on this. We've all poked fun--to varying degrees--at people in Elvis's life for whom he cared a lot. He may have been a bit crass in his word choice(s), but I don't think any major damage was done to anyone. The video series, "All The King's Men" highlights some of the problems in the family. I think it's fair to say they were not unlike a lot of families--a bit dysfunctional. I don't know that I would have said it the same way as funky, but a lot of members are going to "turn against" him for his words on this?

C'mon, everybody.
Last edited by KHoots on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:08 am

Doc says No, that is NOT "what really went on in the Presley family" -- your post was bullsh*t, as I already wrote.

Nothing in the credible biographies and interviews of the last 50 years depict the Presley family in such severe manner. It's not wearing "rose-colored glasses" to claim this, it is stating a FACT.

Doc is dead on this one

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:09 am

Doc says No, that is NOT "what really went on in the Presley family" -- your post was bullsh*t, as I already wrote.

Doc is absolutely correct this one