All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Is your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend an Elvis fan?

Yes, definitely.
17%
No, definitely not.
9%
They like him a little for my sake.
48%
Don't know.
No votes
I'm single or too young/too old for this poll.
26%

Total votes : 54

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:11 pm

My girlfriend left me BECAUSE i was an Elvis fan. :lol:

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:49 pm

The ol' girl will sit and watch a DVD with me anytime I ask her to and often listens to Elvis on Sirius Radio (after I select the channel). She has often said that "he is the prettiest man I've ever seen." However, she has absolutley no clue what a BMG release is as well as an FTD or import. She has never heard many of the CD's in my collection and doesn't care to.

My Elvis collection is "my time" and we both prefer it that way.

Top!

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:18 pm

My wife is as big as a fan as i am. We met while both solo on a trip to Memphis and married 5 years later.... in Vegas, and stayed at the ALLADIN.... and yes we go next year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:10 am

My wife of 23 years and I are approaching divorce. When I first met her, she had an RCA calendar of Elvis in her purse. Although she said she loved him, she couldn't tell you much about him at all. Over the years I "Elvised" her out. And I owe many of my collectibles to birthday and Christmas presents given by her. During our first trip thru Graceland in 1984, the tour guide actually offered her a job, I replied "Hell No!", I'd a cut the lawn for free.......looking back, I was idiot.......Then and maybe now, Thanks.. Susan, if you were ever jealous of Elvis, you never showed it!

Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:53 am

Ummmm... not really... but her mother is a huge Elvis fan... that's why I keep her I guess...

8)

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:02 am

elvis-fan wrote:Ummmm... not really... but her mother is a huge Elvis fan... that's why I keep her I guess...

8)

You keep her mother??? :wink:

:oops:

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:42 am

No... I have yet to make the switch!!! :wink:

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:31 am

My baby used to kiss Elvis' face on an album every night before going to bed when she was a little girl.

Now...........she's obsessed with John Ritter.Yup.........that John Ritter. Every day as I stroll into the loft I am faced with the tuxedo John Ritter wore to his last People's Choice Awards in 2003. Thus far, I have been unable to convince her that my acquisition of an Elvis jumpsuit is now only fair. :shock:

I fear for our future if this sort of deteriorating artistic discernment is a symptom of a more generalized mental breakdown on her part.
:lol:

Really, she likes Elvis, but certainly not to the degree I do. She often claims that Elvis is the only man I would leave her for :lol:

She had attempted to indoctrinate my kids into her preference for music........Latin, salsa..........whatever. Noxious stuff.

Fortunately, While I may have lost Justine (due to the fact that I hadn't met her mom until Justine was 3 and already under her mom's dark influence), Jordan, my 5 year old, asks to see Elvis in Aloha or '68 quite a bit...........while straddling his mike and slinging a guitar and red lei around his neck too!!!!!

Man, I love that boy!!!!!! :D

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:59 am

Hmm a previous girlfriend said she used to like 'All the songs like i did' and a VERY close married female friend of mine loves 'Girl Happy 'FTD and some stuff, but i guess mostly she knows i am a fan and tolerates it(just like i tolerate her love of Patrick Swayze) :roll:

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:03 pm

Hey,

my wife liked Elvis before we met and eventually married, but it was sort of a "I like the biggest hits" type thing.

It was kinda cool for me to show her some more of the "real" Elvis, although she still dislikes some of the songs I think are classics.

Now, our son, who is 1 year and three months just LOVES Elvis. He will sit and watch a whole Elvis DVD with me and not say a peep except "Dede", which means something like "Cool !" .....

Plus, put on Elvis, or any other good type of original roots artist, one of his favorites is Johnny Cash btw, and he'll start bouncing around and turning around in circles, as well as walking backwards, which is his interpretation of dancing.

Then again, my wife is a huge Queen fan, and I have learned to enjoy their music as well, so much that I have added Queen's albums and all their available DVDs to our collection. I only had a Greatest Hits album before we met, so did my wife for Elvis, so I guess it's always about growing together and accepting each others tastes ( musically that is ... )

Cheers

BC55