All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:50 am

At the risk of dragging this thread back on-topic... :)

...someone was nice enough to loan a copy of "Elvis '56" to me, so I could get a decent look at some of the Dorsey clips that you're talking about...

Well, after watching a few of them, all I can say is-- trust me, you **do** want those restored with LiveFeed-- they'll be **marvelous** when I'm through!

-Kevin

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:22 pm

Kevin, I'll be first in line, day of release. Perhaps my Elvis On TV In 1956 DVD template isn't so far-fetched after all ...

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:09 am

Stan from Tintane wrote:doc- can we call it elvis on tv in the 50's? That way we wont need to leave off his jan 57 Sullivan appearance ...

The upcoming "Sullivan" DVD will cover the 1957 date, my template is for all the rest in 1956, in one package, plus some "extras." See the first page!

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:58 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Perhaps my Elvis On TV In 1956 DVD template isn't so far-fetched after all ...

We can only hope for such a release Doc.

8)

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:05 am

I see it.........lordy! Christmas came early. I LOVE you Kevin. Great job. I hope you find the other 3 too. I can't wait to see the whole footage of "Hound Dog" some time.
Thanks again Kevin.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:15 pm

General Sarnoff wrote:I've created leaner and meaner (if slightly less smooth) .wmv version of the Johnny Burnette clip...

My goodness -- it looks FANTASTIC! More, please.

Interesting choice of "Hound Dog." They play it in the key of E, while Elvis' RCA single and live performances are the key of C. I'm not the biggest fan of Johnny's vocals, but Paul's guitar playing is untutored but interesting.

Who doesn't love his reply to Ted Mack about working with Elvis at Crown Electric, "He was a good truck driver, but always had his hair real long, and always needed a haircut ..."

Thanks for sharing this material.