All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Looks like Holding Down the Fort just around the corner

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:30 am

This release may very well be one of Madison's best packages. Can't wait!

Darrell

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:16 am

For better or worse, it will be interesting to hear the show that piano player Tony Brown called one of the best of his Apr'76 to Jun '77 tenure. And who can resist those Sweet Inspirations?

Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:21 am

I don't expect this to be anything but a very ordinary 1976 show. (Tony Brown or Jerry Hopkins must have their dates/locations mixed...)

However, the inclusion of the opening acts makes this a fun release and for myself, enough reason to seek this out. Arguably at this point these acts were the highlight of these shows. :wink:

I'm reminded of the "My It's been a long time" release, which begins with energetic if slightly strained Sweets performance. "Can you feel he groove coming on!? I can't hear you: I said, can you feel the groove coming on!!?" :)

Then we switch time & location to Elvis' Greensboro gig, and there is no groove whatsoever coming on, only Elvis muttering: "It's a big place, man...and a place to get the f..k out of..." :cry:

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:03 pm

Can it be true!!!??? Seems like forever since this one was first announced. Looking forward to it.

Should keep Mr. Johanesson amused for many a day too!! :wink:

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:06 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:I don't expect this to be anything but a very ordinary 1976 show. (Tony Brown or Jerry Hopkins must have their dates/locations mixed...)

However, the inclusion of the opening acts makes this a fun release and for myself, enough reason to seek this out. Arguably at this point these acts were the highlight of these shows. :wink:

I'm reminded of the "My It's been a long time" release, which begins with energetic if slightly strained Sweets performance. "Can you feel he groove coming on!? I can't hear you: I said, can you feel the groove coming on!!?" :)

Then we switch time & location to Elvis' Greensboro gig, and there is no groove whatsoever coming on, only Elvis muttering: "It's a big place, man...and a place to get the f..k out of..." :cry:

Yeah.

I've just received this CD after buying it on ebay and had to laugh at the Sweets trying to get the crowd going - fun.

By contrast, Elvis' performance is poor, just another Summer 76 auto-pilot concert. I was actually quite surprised to hear his off-mike comment before Funny How Time Slips Away.

From what I've heard so far on Cajun Tornado, the gig was nothing special. Wonder what made it stick in Brown's mind so? You'd understand if he made the comment with regards to one of the December tour shows.

looks like holding

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:36 pm

... While decorating the living room for my sons birthday, I played

an advance copy [ no artwork included] of the Fort from start to

finish, no skipping. Im impressed by the sound quality, full and

warm. The performance...? Forget whatever mr Brown had to say...

... Scott, sums it up nicely in his post above.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:41 pm

The sound-improvement is reason enough to buy. Remember ''One Night Only''?

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:49 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:I don't expect this to be anything but a very ordinary 1976 show. (Tony Brown or Jerry Hopkins must have their dates/locations mixed...)

It could easily have been just an off the wall comment. They had no idea that this show would someday be heard by the public.

One thing I've noticed in the past several years is this:
If you're going to make a comment one way or another about an Elvis show, you'd better know what you're talking about. Seems that no matter what it is, it will some day appear and Joe Public can hear and decide for himself.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:46 pm

When will Madison release it? Do you know the exact date? Did you see the cover?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:55 pm

Well I think that Mr. Brown was asked and he simply said first city that popped up in hs head. He wanted to illustrate that there were excellent shows in 76 too which is indeed true, but of course there was only little of them. As I stated several times, sources like PRESS REVIEWS, FAN REVIEWS are totally UNRELIABLE.

And also memories of INSIDERS from Elvis inner circle are unreliable. Just try Joe Esposito... so many mistakes. It almost seems that if the person was more close to Elvis, then there are more mistakes in his memories...

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:56 pm

Johanesson When will Madison release it? Do you know the exact date? Did you see the cover?

- it will be released on October 02 at 3:30 PM. The cover is stunning.
8)

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:12 pm

deadringer wrote:Johanesson When will Madison release it? Do you know the exact date? Did you see the cover?

- it will be released on October 02 at 3:30 PM. The cover is stunning.
8)

3:30 PM, so that will be 12:30 UK time right?? :wink:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:27 pm

Well depends on the place where it will be released :-)))

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:29 pm

deadringer wrote:Well depends on the place where it will be released :-)))

Oh, I was presuming "somewhere in the Universe" - that is 3 hours ahead of the real time!!!

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:38 pm

Always 3 hours difference :-)

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:13 pm

I'm still waiting. Tomorrow never comes :shock:

WHEN WILL THEY RELEASE THAT F$$KING CD ???

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:04 pm

Expecting this tomorrow.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:08 pm

Johanesson wrote:I'm still waiting. Tomorrow never comes :shock:

WHEN WILL THEY RELEASE THAT F$$KING CD ???

It's out and on its way to me! I've seen the artwork now and it does look very nice, of course. Can't wait to add this baby to my collection. Ain't nothing like a new 1976 show in perfect sound quality!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:50 pm

I can't wait. This was the very last Elvis concert that I attended.

looks like holding

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:57 pm

... T. Presley?!

Is that you, Tits? Is you back?! :lol:

Ive missed you, little rascal!

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Afraid I'm not Tits. I am Terry Presley, Grand Prairie, Texas.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:29 pm

londonflash wrote:

Yeah.

I've just received this CD after buying it on ebay and had to laugh at the Sweets trying to get the crowd going - fun.

By contrast, Elvis' performance is poor, just another Summer 76 auto-pilot concert. I was actually quite surprised to hear his off-mike comment before Funny How Time Slips Away.

From what I've heard so far on Cajun Tornado, the gig was nothing special. Wonder what made it stick in Brown's mind so? You'd understand if he made the comment with regards to one of the December tour shows.

I don't understand you guys, if you feel that way about Elvis' later performances, why buy it?

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:35 pm

T. Presley wrote:Afraid I'm not Tits. I am Terry Presley, Grand Prairie, Texas.

Thank God you're not Tits, I have trouble enough keeping Ger and midnightx in line.

looks like holding

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:51 pm

... it finally made it around that 6 months old corner...

The little bugger[s] is in front of me. Nice labels! :D

looks like holding

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:53 pm

... for those who doubted my above comments, go to :

Elvis News. com

They believed me! Have you got your copy yet, Rob? :lol: