Excellent E.I.C commentary.

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Scatter wrote:Well Doc, you may well sleep soundly ... But personally, If I was told that my views were supported by two alien ... I doubt I could be fed enough Ambien to get even a glimpse at the inside of my eyelids. But hey............that's just me ...
They were also responsible for two of the finest DVDs ever released on Elvis Presley -- '68 Comeback Special - Deluxe Edition (a three-disc set) and Aloha from Hawaii - Deluxe Edition (a two disc set).

I thought they were incredible, but hey............that's just me.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Scatter

Post by Scatter »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Scatter wrote:Well Doc, you may well sleep soundly ... But personally, If I was told that my views were supported by two alien ... I doubt I could be fed enough Ambien to get even a glimpse at the inside of my eyelids. But hey............that's just me ...
They were also responsible for two of the finest DVDs ever released on Elvis Presley -- '68 Comeback Special - Deluxe Edition (a three-disc set) and Aloha from Hawaii - Deluxe Edition (a two disc set).

I thought they were incredible, but hey............that's just me.
:lol: :lol: I knew you couldn't resist buddy...........I just didn't think it would be so fast!!!!!!! :wink:

Topic author
Larry Dickman

Post by Larry Dickman »

drjohncarpenter wrote: For all the selfish, short-sighted "fans" who advocate a release on DVD of Elvis' lowest professional moment, I sleep very well at night knowing that EPE and Lisa Marie Presley completely and totally agree with my view.

Nighty-nite (sic)!
Quote from EPE:

"The true fans look at this through the eyes of love, respect and understanding, and see the great historical value - as do all the members of our staff.
Up to now, some members of the management team who decide these things have not become comfortable with releasing it. Perhaps that could change someday. "

Would appear that you may be about to have some restless nights.

sam

Post by sam »

Larry Dickman wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: For all the selfish, short-sighted "fans" who advocate a release on DVD of Elvis' lowest professional moment, I sleep very well at night knowing that EPE and Lisa Marie Presley completely and totally agree with my view.

Nighty-nite (sic)!
Quote from EPE:

"The true fans look at this through the eyes of love, respect and understanding, and see the great historical value - as do all the members of our staff.
Up to now, some members of the management team who decide these things have not become comfortable with releasing it. Perhaps that could change someday. "

Would appear that you may be about to have some restless nights.
Yes I read that a while ago and it gave me hope of it maybe getting a proper release at some time. The interesting line to me is...
The true fans look at this through the eyes of love, respect and understanding, And as Doc agrees with EPE .........The conclusion is.......!!!!!!1 :D OK I'm waiting for it now....... LOL :roll:

8)

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Ubiquitous is not a commonly used word
Last edited by Guest on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Quote from EPE:

Would appear that you may be about to have some restless nights.[/quote]

Sorry to say this but...Those same lines have been up on their site for years...Nothing new here.

rickeap

Post by rickeap »

Check out You tube. The highest viewing count for an Elvis song is Unchained Melody.
Does this indicate that people can see 77 material already?
That they want to see it?
That they like it?
Yes.
A properly edited EIC should be released on FTD.
Sorry, but Elvis doesn't rate enough mention in the media today to expect some sort of belated backlash about his physical condition six weeks before his death.
Rick

sam

Post by sam »

ChrisG- the younger wrote:[oops.
Hey I deleted my post!!!! :oops:

:lol:
Last edited by sam on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sam

Post by sam »

P.S. No probs Chris.

I still think your an OK guy!!! :wink:

8)

Topic author

Post by Guest »

sam wrote:

As did I... :oops:

sam

Post by sam »

ChrisG- the younger wrote:
sam wrote:

As did I... :oops:
Well I'm off to bed.
Have a good one Chris!!

Scatter

Post by Scatter »

ChrisG- the younger wrote:Ubiquitous is not a commonly used word
And your point would be...........??

I mean,SOMEBODY has to use it :lol:

Re: EIC

Post by 3577 »

Lonely Summer wrote:I watched EIC last night for the first time in a year, and after reading many of the negative reviews of E's performance on this show, I was even more impressed with his vocals. I'd take this version of You Gave Me a Mountain over the Aloha or EOT versions anyday, and really enjoy seeing him actually PLAY the guitar instead of just using as a prop on That's All Right and Are You Lonesome Tonight. Early Morning Rain and I Really Don't Want to Know are my favorite versions, too, and that top note at the end of Hurt, whew! I also prefer this My Way over the Aloha version. Elvis doesn't look his best, but I've seen photos where he looked worse. He's so into these songs, almost as if he was thinking "I know I don't look great, but I'll show these folks I can still sing!" Of course, the 50's hits (Teddy Bear, Don't Be Cruel, Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock) are throwaways, but I can't think of any 70's shows were they weren't. Too bad the producers didn't use Trying to Get to You and Little Sister instead. I would've liked to have seen more of the TCB, too. Elvis on Tour did a great job in that department, almost like being onstage with them.
Advice: search for the double-DVD ''Love Coming Down''. You won't be dissapointed.

Hav-A-Tampa

Post by Hav-A-Tampa »

I find it interesting to follow the current thread about Elvis in 77 on the Bob Dylan Pool forum http://pool.dylantree.com/phorum5/read.php?1,658838, where there's lots of links posted to videos on Youtube and some mp3's from 77 - you can read comments like this one:
I'm watching em, and am so surprised. I, like many, had just thought he'd been awful at the end.
My wife had until recently seen just about everything I have with Elvis on VHS/DVD, but started asking me about his last TV Special, wondering why I never had put that on. So we watched it together and guess what, she thought Elvis looked pretty good compared to all the stuff she had heard and read about his last years. This seems to be the most common reaction when showing the In Concert videos to casual or non-fans.

Thanks to (some) impersonators and all the fat Elvis jokes, some people believe he looked something like this: Image

I wonder if all of you here who are against an official EIC DVD release know how many people watch the videos at Youtube? Anyone can do a search for "Elvis 1977" and find all of Elvis In Concert there. I don't think a DVD release would do any damage to Elvis reputation at all - on the contrary. He was far from his best, I'll agree to that. And parts of it are really sad to watch. But - he was nowhere near as bad and tragic as some people want you to believe he was.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:I find it interesting to follow the current thread about Elvis in 77 on the Bob Dylan Pool forum http://pool.dylantree.com/phorum5/read.php?1,658838, where there's lots of links posted to videos on Youtube and some mp3's from 77 - you can read comments like this one:
I'm watching em, and am so surprised. I, like many, had just thought he'd been awful at the end.
My wife had until recently seen just about everything I have with Elvis on VHS/DVD, but started asking me about his last TV Special, wondering whyI never had put that on. So we watched it together and guess what, she thought Elvis looked pretty good compared to all the stuff she had heard and read about his last years. This seems to be the most common reaction when showing the In Concert videos to casual or non-fans.

Thanks to (some) impersonators and all the fat Elvis jokes, some people believe he looked something like this: Image

I wonder if all of you here who are against an official EIC DVD release know how many people watch the videos at Youtube? Anyone can do a search for "Elvis 1977" and find all of Elvis In Concert there. I don't think a DVD release would do any damage to Elvis reputation at all - on the contrary. He was far from his best, I'll agree to that. And parts of it are really sad to watch. But - he was nowhere near as bad and tragic as some people want you to believe he was.
As a matter of fact, I watched a 4 minute clip on youtube yesterday, from the Oct 3 1977 TV show, I haven't watched it in a long time. As it's getting ready to go, (it's beginning of the show, he does See See Rider and That's All Right) I'm nervous and kind of embarrassed for him, even though this was 29 years ago. To me, though overweight, he sang those two songs beautifully, especially See See Rider, really showing his off his vocals. Now he wasn't an Adonis anymore, so it kind of throws anybody watching the video at first for a loop, understandbly so.

R.R.D

Post by R.R.D »

homemade trailer for elvis in concert posted on youtube

I now its only Rock & Roll but I like it