All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:16 pm

I'm not all the way through this set (just got it) but it's nice to have, as I missed the earlier release and the sound is said to be improved. I agree with Ger's general take so far.

I'm glad they crammed this onto one disc. I can do without the non-Elvis tracks that someone here is clamoring for, although on occasion, I'll listen to them but I really don't need them here. Nice call, Fort Baxter!

And once again, it's that terrific photo-packed booklet (nice essay, "Jasper"!) that makes it especially worthwhile. Good work, folks!

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:21 pm

YDKM wrote:Hmm theirs been some VERY good write up about this CD.....sounding at this moment in time as if this delivers the goods! :lol:

You got it yet, YDKM? I listened to the Ann Arbor concert again last night and I really like it. Elvis does sound a bit tired here and there, but in my opinion he takes care of business all the way through. Some very good performances and no embarassing moments.

The essay by this Jasper character is fabulous.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:45 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
YDKM wrote:Hmm theirs been some VERY good write up about this CD.....sounding at this moment in time as if this delivers the goods! :lol:

You got it yet, YDKM? I listened to the Ann Arbor concert again last night and I really like it. Elvis does sound a bit tired here and there, but in my opinion he takes care of business all the way through. Some very good performances and no embarassing moments.

The essay by this Jasper character is fabulous.

Keith Richards, Jr.

It's a solid show.
I have a rather impressive, very clear audience recording of this show.
One of the beste '77 gigs.

Cheers, RJ

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:45 am

In spite of the somewhat disappointing cover, I have to hand it to the Fort Baxter label for making such journeyman performances into such essential, must-have packages.

It's astounding, reallly, how much it makes a difference to have intelligent notes, pages of rare, glossy photos, etc.