All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:18 pm

No one sends me a newsletter or something about these releases! :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:20 pm

JLGB wrote:No one sends me a newsletter or something about these releases! :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or me... :(

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:34 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:The April 26 Kalamazoo gig might not have won any awards, but Felton Jarvis did choose that night's performance of "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" for use on Moody Blue.

Hold on just one cotton pickin' minute here!

The Moody Blue version of If You Love Me (Let Me Know) came from Saginaw, Michigan on April 25th, did it not?

Ernst included the Kalamazoo version on the Spring Tours '77 FTD.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:45 pm

Rob wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:The April 26 Kalamazoo gig might not have won any awards, but Felton Jarvis did choose that night's performance of "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" for use on Moody Blue.

Hold on just one cotton pickin' minute here!

The Moody Blue version of If You Love Me (Let Me Know) came from Saginaw, Michigan on April 25th, did it not?

Ernst included the Kalamazoo version on the Spring Tours '77 FTD.

Rob, If you love from Kalamazoo is the version released on the Moody Blue album, and also on Spring Tours (this time undubbed)
On Moody blue, this version sounds slightly slower though, it did not contribute to this song.
Listen to it and you'll notice.

Cheers, RJ

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:25 pm

The ONLY recordings released from SAGINAW 25.04.77 are "My Way" on Platinum and "Heartbreak Hotel" on Spring Tours (pls the same version of "My Way" again)

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:26 pm

There is a lot of documentation that has this information wrong then. Thanks for setting the record straight for me. I learned something new today. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Sorry about that, Doc.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:13 pm

Woof, woof to that.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:39 pm

Miaow to that :lol:

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:53 pm

Rob wrote:Sorry about that, Doc.

Nothing to be sorry about -- just trust the doc!

He loves you!!!

Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:21 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

He loves you!!!
I envy you Rob.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:31 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

He loves you!!!

If you can't trust your doc, who can you trust! :lol:

Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:45 pm

JLGB wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

He loves you!!!
I envy you Rob.

I do have to admit that I'm feeling a little warm and fuzzy right now.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:12 pm

Got my CD last week. The shows are not too good I guess, but it's interesting to hear the unedited "Unchained Melody", and a couple of other songs are pretty decent, too. Anyway, I'm a collector / weirdo so I'm happy to have the shows no matter how good or bad they are. :oops: The text in the booklet is very well-written and captures the feeling of these shows perfectly. Some nice photos in there, too.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:19 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Got my CD last week. The shows are not too good I guess, but it's interesting to hear the unedited "Unchained Melody", and a couple of other songs are pretty decent, too. Anyway, I'm a collector / weirdo so I'm happy to have the shows no matter how good or bad they are. :oops: The text in the booklet is very well-written and captures the feeling of these shows perfectly. Some nice photos in there, too.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sounds to me like you're not sure about your opinion of the show Keith.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:29 pm

the thing that still amazed me was that after a false start of 'fairytale' and that after many, MANY years of thinking 'if you love me' came from saginaw on 25th to FINALLY find out with the spring tours FTD that it in fact came from Kalamazoo! STILL AMAZED! look forward to hearing this up-grade however we're warned about Kalamzoo featuring a much less good Elvis performance!. :roll:

Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:35 pm

Joe Car wrote:Sounds to me like you're not sure about your opinion of the show Keith.

The CD features two shows. The first one is decent while the second one is pretty depressing. But I have only played the CD once so I ain't ready to give an in-depth review! :wink:

EDIT: I regret I said this, see post below! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakin' Up The Great Lakes

Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:46 pm

For those who would like a review of this release, it is now available on this site under the link--Latest Import Review.

I hope you find it informative.

Regards
Mike

Re: Shakin' Up The Great Lakes

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:45 pm

Thanks for the review, Mike! A very honest and well-written one as usual and I agree with pretty much everything.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:09 pm

Mike, I really enjoy reading your reviews.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:45 pm

Mike your reviews are 1st class! :lol:

Shakin' Up The Great Lakes

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:29 am

Thank you to all who have been kind enough to express appreciation for my reviews. It's great to know you read them and I really appreciate your comments.

Did I just read unqualified praise from the Doc--is that allowed??
(Only kidding DJC--thanks for posting)

Regards
Mike

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:15 pm

I've just listened to this CD again, and I like it more and more! There is such a bittersweet feeling to some of these 1976 / 1977 shows. Makes for good late night listening. "My Way" is performed to perfection in Kalamazoo - you can tell he's singing directly from his heart - and "Big Boss Man" is a nice inclusion indeed. I'm not sure if I'd buy this CD if I had the shows already, but the booklet is superb as always and the CD does sound good, so why not? For me, it's a most appreciated release because I didn't have either show before.

Long live Fort Baxter's Classic Series!

OK, I'm off to play the "Fame And Fortune" FTD that I got last week...

Keith Richards, Jr.
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:04 am

I got my copy yesterday through a verrrrry good friend of mine (thanks!!! :D ...)

I have to admit that I have enjoyed listening to the first part of the cd. I found myself digging 'You Gave Me A Mountain', 'Little Sister', 'It's Now Or Never' and 'Polk Salad'!. The sound is verrry good, James is playing very well and the orchestra is kicking ass on 'Polk Salad'. I found my self thinking that Elvis was really ok that night. His vocals vary: he throws away the oldies but giving it all in typical 70's material. Will listen to the Kalamazoo part tonight.

Artwork is stunning!. Again, Fort Baxter delivers the goodies in the ultimate way! Thanks to who ever is doing this for us!!!

8)

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:43 am

Hmm theirs been some VERY good write up about this CD.....sounding at this moment in time as if this delivers the goods! :lol:

has anyone heard

Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:45 pm

... Nah... never trust the friends of bootleggers... its all bribe! :lol: