All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Is the song I'll Never Fall In Love Again (say, the undubbed version on OMOE) pathetic?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:52 pm

Yes
16%
No
84%

Total votes : 56

Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:23 am

Larry Dickman wrote:Yeah 'Doctor'....what about 'crap' like Froggy and Rancho Grande...

I already addressed this in an earlier response on this topic. Try reading them with care in the future and you won't be so confused. You might even learn something!

Larry Dickman wrote:... it's time you got your head out of ...

And, Dickman, it's time you got your head out of your ... ... oh, nevermind.

Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:18 am

Larry Dickman wrote:Yeah 'Doctor'....what about 'crap' like Froggy and Rancho Grande....hardly "The Essential 70's Masters", as title of said box set would suggest.

John Boy, it's time you got your head out of the books, trade mags and off the internet for a while and started to enjoy music, rather then reading about what you 'should' be listening to.......and maybe, stop criticising other's for their personal preferences.

I know , Larry. We have to accept how he (DJC) is. He lives in his own world. Kinda pathetic, actually. Start to feel sorry for him. We all know better.

Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Larry Dickman wrote:... it's time you got your head out of ...

And, Dickman, it's time you got your head out of your ... ... oh, nevermind.

Such a wit......

NURSE!!!!

Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:30 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Larry Dickman wrote:Yeah 'Doctor'....what about 'crap' like Froggy and Rancho Grande...

I already addressed this in an earlier response on this topic. Try reading them with care in the future and you won't be so confused. You might even learn something!

Yes, you said "....it meant he'd be including some tracks that were below-par (sic). And (sic) it makes complaints about choice superfluous."
Which translates to......Froggy and Rancho Grande are a better reflection of Elvis' "Essential Seventies Masters" than I'll Never Fall In Love Again.........
This set was supposed to showcase his 70's output....no way know those two rehearsal tracks are in anyway superior to I'll Never Fall In Love Again.

Are you self medicating 'Doctor'?????

Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:09 am

::: Are you self medicating 'Doctor'?????

- a lot of doctors are self-medicating... they have acess to drugs so why not :-))) I knew also one dentist who medicated himself with potassium cyanide (KCN). Way to go, Doc :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:54 pm

Obviously, I'll Never Fall In Love Again is liked more than it is disliked by most here and not thought of as pathetic. What is really pathetic though is that this thread is still going.

What's even more pathetic is that I've just helped to keep it going.

Damn it!
Last edited by Rob on Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:54 pm

Rob wrote:Obviously, I'll Never Fall In Love Again is liked more than it is disliked by most here and not thought of as pathetic. What is really pathetic though is that this thread is still going.

What's even more pathetic is that I've just helped keep it going.

Damn it!

That's life! :wink:

Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:00 pm

Thomas, sounding a little like Dean Martin wrote:That's life!

That's what all the people say.