All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:19 pm

Jeroen, heb je een DVD extra/over ??? Wil ik graag van je kopen.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:27 pm

JeroenNL wrote:Hey Nora,

I was there too!! What seat did you have? :D :wink: :D

There were no seats , but I was the one next to the left speakers set on stage,next to me there was a big guy holding his white jacket all the time,nice guy though! :D
Here's are you lonesome tonight... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrfPU-21OP4

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:03 pm

:D no I meant in Memphis 2002... LOL

Ton: sorry: I only have one!

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:06 pm

JeroenNL wrote::D no I meant in Memphis 2002... LOL

Ton: sorry: I only have one!

Oh ok sorry bout that, but actually the same tall guy with the white jacket was also next to me during that concert, Do you think i'm beeing stalked?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:29 pm

I think you are!!! :D :D :D

It's because of your name I guess.... Are you really.... Elvis A...? 8)

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:33 pm

JeroenNL wrote:I think you are!!! :D :D :D

It's because of your name I guess.... Are you really.... Elvis A...? 8)
The only one who really knows is that tall guy with the white jacket lol....ask him...hahaha

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:53 pm

I realy don't like the interview during the song, bad choice !

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:54 pm

Nora Sivle wrote:
JeroenNL wrote:Hey Nora,

I was there too!! What seat did you have? :D :wink: :D

There were no seats , but I was the one next to the left speakers set on stage,next to me there was a big guy holding his white jacket all the time,nice guy though! :D
Here's are you lonesome tonight... :wink:

And again a piece of interview during the song ! Why ? Don't like that>

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:29 pm

JeroenNL wrote:The whole concept will now be slauhgtered by Mr. Sillyman and we will never see 'The Concert' again in Europe :(

At least Europe had the chance. :cry:

South America probably will not have. I can´t understand....the biggest singers and bands from all over the world played here. Only Elvis The Concert is missing!

Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:52 pm

Renan wrote:
JeroenNL wrote:The whole concept will now be slauhgtered by Mr. Sillyman and we will never see 'The Concert' again in Europe :(

At least Europe had the chance. :cry:

South America probably will not have. I can´t understand....the biggest singers and bands from all over the world played here. Only Elvis The Concert is missing!
It's beacause of Sillyman, he thinks theTCBband guys are getting to old I pressume , while he never saw The Concert , he wants to get rid of The Concert.. He wil F@#k up All things Elvis eventually i'm affraid!

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:10 pm

Hi Sliverman wants to get rid of Elvis The Concert?????

What will he replace it with? Impersonators? You know for the permanent Vegas Show etc.

Is he also responsible for those hideous Elvis ducks?

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:37 pm

I was wondering how permission was granted from Turner for showing the "Are You Lonesome Tonight" footage from TTWII that was never released? Also does anyone have a setlist from this dvd?

Thanks,
DJL

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:19 pm

MB280E, midnightx it's only been mentioned on here about a million times (million and one now, thanks Burning Love ), EPE don't own the rights to On Tour.

Larry, you miss the point. It has nothing to do with EPE not owning EOT. The point is, why would anyone purchase a DVD of the bizarre Elvis The Concert? Fans have been screaming for Turner to issue EOT, that is what fans want. Not some pathetic Elvis The Concert DVD by EPE. Elvis The Concert is like EPE releasing Elvis lamp shades, it is all very cheesy.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:44 pm

GERRY wrote:Hi Sliverman wants to get rid of Elvis The Concert?????

What will he replace it with? Impersonators? You know for the permanent Vegas Show etc.

Is he also responsible for those hideous Elvis ducks?

I guess the vegas show will be with original Elvis footage too, but all new arrangements with NO original band members left..Sillyman doesnt know how much we respect and love the TCB band, HE wants a all NEW Elvis I guess for the young folks! :shock:

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:19 am

Are You Lonesome Tonight:

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:46 am

midnightx wrote:
Larry, you miss the point. It has nothing to do with EPE not owning EOT. The point is, why would anyone purchase a DVD of the bizarre Elvis The Concert? Fans have been screaming for Turner to issue EOT, that is what fans want. Not some pathetic Elvis The Concert DVD by EPE. Elvis The Concert is like EPE releasing Elvis lamp shades, it is all very cheesy.

I saw the Concert in New York in 1998, and in Memphis in 2002. It is the closest I'll ever come to seeing Elvis live, and to hear Elvis' vocal separated (and often more out front than on their respective albums) with the band playing live was a real treat for me. I have always hoped a professionally recorded DVD of any of these shows would come out, but never really expected it. There's nothing cheesy about it for me.
Cheesy, or pathetic, was the CBS miniseries from earlier this year, and the Elvis Lives! TV special late last year.

Axe

Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:20 am

IMETJB wrote:Are You Lonesome Tonight:

And yet more interviews in the songs :(

I was really looking forward to this DVD release but the two clips posted are completely spoilt by the interviews in the middle. Have the people who produced this DVD not heard of DVD extras :roll: Put the interviews with the band on their seperately not in the middle of the songs.

Is every song like this ? Can you watch the songs without the interviews ?

What a shame (sham !?!?)

Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:47 am

midnightx wrote:
MB280E, midnightx it's only been mentioned on here about a million times (million and one now, thanks Burning Love ), EPE don't own the rights to On Tour.

I'll pass your comments on to James and Jerry, next time I catch up with them.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:56 pm

Nora Sivle wrote:I've got the dvd too, also from the Melkweg!
And it is really rockin, but indeed there are some "holes"in the music.
It sounds to me especially when Elvis's enhanced vocal is heard ,the surrounding noise that comes through his microphone is also enhanced
,but as soon as the Elvis vocal is silent, the music sounds cristal clear,the silence then sound as holes in the song. Don't know how to explain it otherwise, maybe some pro's can help me explain? :wink:

It's nice to have,especially when you were there at that concert. :D

I attended a couple of Elvis The Concert rehearsals in '97 and '98. Elvis' audio recording naturally contains a great deal of noise. The live band sound has no noise. I believe that is the issue behind the "holes" people are perceiving.

For example, I remember listening to them playback a bit of My Way. The band was not accompanying the vocal at the time. Elvis' vocal track is not left "on" throughout the song. Rather, it is in pieces. I imagine that if they left the vocal track intact, we'd hear the original band bleed through during the moments when Elvis isn't singing. As a result of hearing the vocal a piece at a time, we hear the noise come and go.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:23 pm

I'll pass your comments on to James and Jerry, next time I catch up with them.

Glad they are able to make a living doing this.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:33 am

Paul wrote:
IMETJB wrote:Are You Lonesome Tonight:

And yet more interviews in the songs :(

I was really looking forward to this DVD release but the two clips posted are completely spoilt by the interviews in the middle. Have the people who produced this DVD not heard of DVD extras :roll: Put the interviews with the band on their seperately not in the middle of the songs.

Is every song like this ? Can you watch the songs without the interviews ?

What a shame (sham !?!?)

No not every song, and no you can't get rid of them. Whats more annoying is that when you watch the bonus bit it's some of the interviews during the songs, why do you need them twice. Sould of left them out of the concert or at least have the choose to remove them.

Still enjoed the dvd though

Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:45 am

It's all pretty morbid in my opinion. Elvis passed 29 years ago, there is no such thing a seeing him live, or the closest to seeing him live. You either see him live, or you don't. He isn't here anymore....period. I've had the opportunity to see this show but have declined all of them.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7gBZmQXn14

Suspicious Minds is now up--They speak during this too :roll:

Hahaha can you imagine you get your speakers set to the right volume sit down and in the middle of every performance loud voices are talking? this could damage your speakers :shock:

But the performance is astounding- it's surely the best performance of Suspicious Minds?

Regarding Silermans plans--i am fine with this as it will be great to hear some different musicians backing E..

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:57 am

But the performance is astounding- it's surely the best performance of Suspicious Minds?

The best performance from this bizarre series of Elvis The Concert shows or the best performance period? No way would any version from the Elvis The Concert shows rival any performance from the 1969 Vegas shows.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:26 am

Axeman wrote:...I saw the Concert in New York in 1998, and in Memphis in 2002. It is the closest I'll ever come to seeing Elvis live, and to hear Elvis' vocal separated (and often more out front than on their respective albums) with the band playing live was a real treat for me. I have always hoped a professionally recorded DVD of any of these shows would come out, but never really expected it. There's nothing cheesy about it for me. Cheesy, or pathetic, was the CBS miniseries from earlier this year, and the Elvis Lives! TV special late last year. Axe

I agree, Axe. I attended the original "Elvis The Concert" in 1997, Grand Rapids in '98, and Chicago in 2000. I would bet that midnightx has not attended one of these shows, so his is not an informed opinion. I was excited just to see the band perform, as they were always a big part of my Elvis experience, and--to me--stars in their own right.

I knew it would not be the same as seeing Elvis perform live, so I had no misconceptions about that. However, there was nothing cheesy about meeting the guys in the band, and watching them play. It wasn't bizarre, cheesy, freaky or anything of the sort. The guys had a blast. Who's to deny them that opportunity if people want to see it?

I don't begrudge anyone who doesn't want to see the show, but there is nothing heroic about refusing to see it. It's Elvis's band playing Elvis's songs. There just happens to be a big video screen there, too.