All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

PREVIEW dvd 25th anniversary concert! AMAZING!

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSdu1bDV6A4

C"MON JERRY!

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:19 am

I like it, besides that Elvis is a statist in this clip ...

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:25 am

I want this like yesterday!

When will this be available in the UK?

Will stores like Virgin and HMV stock this or will it be a mail order deal?

Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:16 am

it's only ok because James doesn't play the guitar behind his head like he did during the omaha and rapid city 1977 show. now that worth watching!! :cry:

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:24 am

YDKM wrote:it's only ok because James doesn't play the guitar behind his head like he did during the omaha and rapid city 1977 show. now that worth watching!! :cry:

Dear God! And if Elvis were still alive today and performing would you not see him because he couldn't move around like he did in 1970?

Give James a break... for a guy in his mid-60's he still plays a great guitar. Don't hold age against him. He's the MAN!

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:53 am

For some reason, the music doesn't sound as full as the original recording from 1973. JB's guitar has a cleaner tone and is not as punchy sounding to me. Still very cool.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:04 am

JonRomanovich wrote:For some reason, the music doesn't sound as full as the original recording from 1973. JB's guitar has a cleaner tone and is not as punchy sounding to me. Still very cool.

Yeah that's something I noticed a couple times throughout the DVD. It usually happens when it's just the TCB band playing without the orchestra. There is a sense of "holes" in the sound. Perhaps it's because we need a John Wilkinson's rhythm guitar to complete the sound? I dunno... But something's lacking.

You're right...JB's guitar is way too clean. I wish he could add some dirtiness to its sound.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:25 am

Both you guys are right....it's a very good DVD and full marks to all the guys for getting out there, but there is something missing in the sound....I thought it may have been the backing singers......don't really know, can't put my hand.....err finger on it. :D

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:39 am

Is it possible we are missing John W. on rhythm? It's not so much the tone as it is an empty sort of feeling...but you're right..it needs some dirtyness and crunch. (look at us talk about how the legend JB should change his guitar tone). :lol:
On the other hand, outside of Early Morning Rain, I'm not sure if I could pick out what JW was ever playing. :roll:

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:46 am

I love James' guitar picking but it seems like he's switched to a cleaner country sound the last few years. It's a pity because he didn't sound like that during his days with Elvis. But he still plays great!

And I want that new DVD bad!

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:54 pm

Watched the dvd too.

And it's amazing, sound is really good. Only the minor thing is that the footage of TTWII is not that good.

Don't know why.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:27 pm

When I saw this song in 2003 in Hannover (Germany) I just thought: THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL VERSION! Elvis should have done it that way, it's really an improvement. Just great. I'm looking forward to the dvd.

:D

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:51 pm

There must be bad mixing sound is not todays sound but it may because this is not DVD which we hear now. I hope so.

thank you for interesting link. Do you have some more?

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:12 am

DELETED
Last edited by Justin on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:16 am

On the other hand, outside of Early Morning Rain, I'm not sure if I could pick out what JW was ever playing.

So true!

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:52 am

James' guitar sound has a delay effect on it too, which he didn't have at at the time. The lick he plays during the "go, go (lick) go Johnny go, go, go (lick)..." is different also.

It did sound like his guitar needed to punch through the mix more.

PREVIEW dvd 25th anniversary concert! AMAZING

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:41 am

What main Stream Stores are carring the DVD ?

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:49 am

So, they choose to release this instead of an Elvis On Tour dvd...

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:41 am

So, they choose to release this instead of an Elvis On Tour dvd...

Exactly. Why would anyone purchase or want to watch this DVD????

Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:17 am

I believe if EPE owened the footage that a On Tour Special Edition and
maybe even a full concert would be out already. Remember BMG cant wait for the fotage to come out that is way they are already releasing the audio.

As for Elvis The Concert it is just another project that solidifies the Elvis legend and his greatest. if he really needed another one to prove it. I believe that Elvis is the first artist that is the headliner of a tour that is deseased. Now we all know that but I believe that is in the Guness Book of world records.

Back to our orginal topic I dont think you would get much of an arguement fom EPE as to releasing the footage, but it is just not theirs, so unfortnatly all of our efforts have to be heard by Time / Warner or whoever owns that Catalog now.

Burning Love

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:19 am

MB280E, midnightx it's only been mentioned on here about a million times (million and one now, thanks Burning Love :wink: ), EPE don't own the rights to On Tour.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:55 am

Why on earth do they cut to an interview halfway into the song :shock:
I knows its only a drum solo but even so , for me it spoils the song !

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:16 pm

Got the dvd last night at the Melkweg, signed by the TCB boys.

Back home I watched it and it is GREAT.

The sound is AMAZING, finally'new backings to songs we know so well. It sounds fresh and rockin'.

Picture quality is good, TTWII pictures are not so good.

I like the editing very much, it really gives the impression that he is there at times.

This is A MUST HAVE!!!.... Thank god, finally a document to remember this great show/production by. The whole concept will now be slauhgtered by Mr. Sillyman and we will never see 'The Concert' again in Europe :(

Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:35 pm

I've got the dvd too, also from the Melkweg!
And it is really rockin, but indeed there are some "holes"in the music.
It sounds to me especially when Elvis's enhanced vocal is heard ,the surrounding noise that comes through his microphone is also enhanced
,but as soon as the Elvis vocal is silent, the music sounds cristal clear,the silence then sound as holes in the song. Don't know how to explain it otherwise, maybe some pro's can help me explain? :wink:

It's nice to have,especially when you were there at that concert. :D

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Hey Nora,

I was there too!! What seat did you have? :D :wink: :D