All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Great Comeback Special Parody

Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:26 am

I love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWby0cDMla4

From the delightfully authentic chairs, to the depth, pitch and tempo of Elvis' voice, to the way the singing beautifully complements the dialogue, reminding us of the fluidity of the real Comeback Special and EP, its star, to the graceful snarling of Elvis, to his delicate facial movements, to the eerily faithful reproduction of the "Jacksonville" anecdote, to the casting of Scotty Moore... I could go on. This is a rare treat!

Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:59 am

You're killing me.

I was having such a nice evening, until you suckered me

:evil:

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:02 am

Okay, now I just became ill!! Time for me to pop in a DVD to see the real thing.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:06 am

Way to go Estate--you endorsed the Biggest w*nker in the world to play Elvis.

Just watching this prize twat makes you want to knock him the fck out

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:55 am

GERRY wrote:Way to go Estate--you endorsed the Biggest w*nker in the world to play Elvis.

Y'know, it's a shame. Rhys-Meyers was the most authentic-looking of all the actors cast as Elvis on screen. If more time and effort had been put into the production, maybe he could have turned in a killer performance. But I suspect he's seriously deficient as an actor himself (his dreary performance in "Match Point" did nothing for me). With all of the money and resources at EPE's disposal, they should be well and truly ashamed of themselves. Instead of an intelligent, absorbing, meaningful portrayal, we got "The Elvis Horror Picture Show".

Anyway, for me, the height of hilarity in that clip might be the transition from the REAL Elvis to Rhys-Meyers' clown-act at the very end. The gaping disparity between voices could not be more obvious. Even the layest of lay persons would notice that.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:47 am

Really clown-act, so over acting.....its terrible :shock:
he even didnt change the chords when he "play" the guitar...oh boy :shock:
wht is nice ? the guitars, the stage, the chairs.... :wink:
LIOR

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:38 am

man he looks likes he's retarded or something like that :shock:

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:48 pm

Here is some proof that even a girl can do a much better 68 Elvis than that gayperson mayers.What a total loser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UgDg_NII4c

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:02 pm

The way he looks and the way he moves resemble a 16 year old school boy who was told that he is to play Great King Elvis in the school theatre performance. Maybe it animates other school boys to become big Elvis fans, who knows?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:18 pm

That was truly horrendous in my opinion. I use all my will power to say in my opinion because I really want to state that as a fact!

I do not think that he does have a resemblance to Elvis. I think he has an uncanny resemblance to FREDDIE STARR (UK Comedian) – facially, mannerism and in stature.

If Elvis was anything like that how could he have survived even a month as a Rock Star. Did anyone notice that he kept sneering on the right side of his face and not the left as Elvis did. A small point but as an actor he got it 100% wrong. It ended up making him look (with respect - truly to such unfortunates) mentally challenged.
Surely Elvis looked cool – fascinating during the filming of those sit down shows. Do you remember the first time we saw Elvis appear on the screen during the 68 special – I was so captivated (in a very NON GAY way ) that Elvis every movement and utterance consumed my attention. With this chap I needed a cushion in front of my face so that I could watch this truly horrendous and embarrassing performance.

The transition of the actor’s voice to Elvis singing voice!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a bit like those old Tarzan films when Tarzan does his jungle yell and then in the next scene you see archive footage of animals running through the jungle which has been filmed in different locations and year.

Superb post.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:19 pm

Cryogenic Wrote:

Y'know, it's a shame. Rhys-Meyers was the most authentic-looking of all the actors cast as Elvis on screen

You Seriously think Rhys-Meyers looks like Elvis?

The latest and badest

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:52 pm

The worst film about ELVIS that I ever saw. What I don`t understand is that Lisa would even allowed to put her name together with this horrible film. :evil:

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:05 pm

Elvis: The Movie is the definitive take on Elvis' life so far. Yes it has its mistakes but there is a lot of heart in that movie and Kurt Russel is brilliant.
Last edited by Matthew on Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:39 pm

Made Elvis look like a complete fool IMO. They just want to take the easy way, make him say and do all the things that Elvis was known for in one little scene and there we have it...and that guitarplaying was brilliant...that´s the first time I´ve seen someone playing 3 chords on the guitar while not moving his fingers...well, so much for details... :roll:

This is I´m afraid the only rotten stuff we´ll ever see about our man as long as the people behind the sh*t doesen´t respect him.

Sincerely MB280E

Kurt Russel?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:59 pm

[quote="Matthew"]Elvis: The Movie is the definitive take on Elvis' life so far. Yes it has its mistakes but there is a lot of hert in that movie and Kurt Russel is brilliant.[/quote]What are you talking about? Is Kurt Russel in the latest film Elvis(2005) ?, and I sertenly don`t see ANY heart in the film, where is it? I can`t see it, only HURT :!:

Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:51 pm

He´s probably talking about "Elvis - The Movie" with Kurt Russel...

Sincerely MB280E

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:43 pm

GERRY wrote:Cryogenic Wrote:

Y'know, it's a shame. Rhys-Meyers was the most authentic-looking of all the actors cast as Elvis on screen

You Seriously think Rhys-Meyers looks like Elvis?

I agree. No one looked like Elvis, but JRM wasn't even close, in my opinion.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:09 pm

You Seriously think Rhys-Meyers looks like Elvis?[/quote]

I agree. No one looked like Elvis, but JRM wasn't even close, in my opinion.[/quote]

He don`t look like Elvis, he don`t sound like Elvis and he`s sertenly not acting like the real Elvis. Something else about the film is, that in my opinion, it`s allmost a crime what they did about coping the covers to fx. GI. Blues and others BUT WITH Rhys-Meyers picture on it, Well everything is wrong about that film. It really is a parody all the way :evil:

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:39 pm

This guy beats out Don Johnson for worst Elvis....
hands down....

In fact he's the worst yet the little four foot two
no neck metally challenged, No-Talent joke of an actor
who must be blowing somebody to get these roles
because he just plainly sucks in anything else I
have seen him do, His bad acting even beats out that
other guy who did "The Colonel & Me"

Man I couldn't even get to the singing of this clip..
Total, Total embarrassment especially since EPE
was involved....but I guess in one way that' is
No surprise...

EPE denies they had a say in this TV Special,
suggesting the producers would have done it with
or with out them.......

Personally I think it was just an lazy way of saying
they didn't care and just wanted the royalty money..

I just don't get it....an they want to protect
us from releasing "Elvis In Concert" to protect
his image...good grief... :roll:

The best thing they ever did for Elvis for these type
shows was when they had used Michael St Gerard
now that was a show....

All of the cast from Scotty Moore to Sam Philips
to his Mother and Father to the productions were
in my opinion in the same calibur as pretty much
what Hollywood did for the movie "Ray" staring
Jamie Fox.....

Gerard appeared to be the right Height, not to mention
Gerard also was the first actor who protrayed Elvis with
not making him sound stupid when he talked...

Russel didn't even do that....

But back to the short guy, its really too bad stuff
like that gets posted on youtube because its not
even funny....

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They are doing one more on the last part

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:41 pm

They are doing one more on the last part of Elvis life, I don`t know if it`s out yet, but I don`t want to see it. I`m just not interestet in seeing anymore of doing Elvis wrong. Well, the last part was sad in real life, so I don´t dare think of what they can do with that part of his life. :oops:

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:45 pm

Nora Sivle wrote:Here is some proof that even a girl can do a much better 68 Elvis than that gayperson mayers.What a total loser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UgDg_NII4c

That's quite excellent ! Very nice tribute !

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:56 pm

In the heels of other great bioflicks like "Ray" and "Walk The Line"...this dissapointed me from when I first heard they it was going on TV...not in the theatres. But when i saw the finished product...TV was where it belonged.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:59 pm

IMETJB wrote:In the heels of other great bioflicks like "Ray" and "Walk The Line"...this dissapointed me from when I first heard they it was going on TV...not in the theatres. But when i saw the finished product...TV was where it belonged.

I know, preferably at 3:00 AM!

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:35 am

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:03 am

Most impersonators make me nauseous, but this guy is cool.