All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:28 am

Well?????

It's bloody fantastic............I like it :smt020 :smt041

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:35 am

I just made a recording that will make your ears bleed. And not in a good way. I might just post it for a laugh.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:18 am

Cryogenic wrote:I just made a recording that will make your ears bleed. And not in a good way. I might just post it for a laugh.

Go for it man :wink:

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:01 am

sid wrote:Well?????

Here is another... http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... E06FB4B4EB :smt114

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:15 pm

Thank you very much as well. I enjoyed to play your songs.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:21 pm

JLGB wrote:
sid wrote:Well?????

Here is another... http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... E06FB4B4EB :smt114

I like that one too :D

Is it you on guitar too?

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:52 pm

Thanks Harty and Sid! No...a friend on guitar. On the other one (FTD) I played rhythm. Not to make a big deal I am editing in the link I should have posted in the first place....just noticed how bad it sounded..thanks for liking it in spite of bad sound..... http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 6E6EAB86F2
Last edited by Juan Luis on Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:38 am

Is there a link or an mp3 to download or stream the whole show? I missed it.

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:29 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:I am posting this because i plan on trying to become a professional singer....

Dude, I mean......you gotta be .......DUDE!?

Really??

Tom

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:38 am

Yes, i've been like this for a year and a half now. I've written 144 songs so far, and i figured, 'i gotta do something with them'. :D

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:54 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Yes, i've been like this for a year and a half now. I've written 144 songs so far, and i figured, 'i gotta do something with them'.

144 songs in 18 months averages out to 8 songs a month, or 2 songs a week, minimum.

Coupled with your work here, and school, when DO you sleep?

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:03 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Dude, I mean......you gotta be .......DUDE!?

Really??

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:53 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:I am posting this because i plan on trying to become a professional singer....

Dude, I mean......you gotta be .......DUDE!?

Really??

Tom

You just COULDN'T let it lie, could you?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:11 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote: My voice i feel, is a mixture of my 3 fave artists Elvis, Bob Dylan, and Jim Morrison from the Doors, plus a mixture of the new pop singers of today,

A mixture? I rate all of these artists in their own way (Ok, EP is a given) but I can't imagine any of them being in a "mixture".

I am not a member of the site from which you provided the link, but I may have to join just to hear this "mixture"...

Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:42 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Yes, i've been like this for a year and a half now. I've written 144 songs so far, and i figured, 'i gotta do something with them'. :D

Dude, just cause you write 'em don't mean ya gotta sing 'em. I don't mean to be mean............but DAMN!!!

Tom

Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:38 am

Pseudonym wrote:I am not a member of the site from which you provided the link, but I may have to join just to hear this "mixture"...

You really don't want to do that.

Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:29 pm

Doc- I ahve actually been writing for about 3 years now, even since i was 9 or 10 actually, but i do not count them coz they're like kiddy songs. I starting writing songs about a girl i liked but could'nt have, and then as i got more depressed with other things, thats when my writing really took off. Plus, last year in about March, i learnt chords to the guitar, so the majority of my songs are set to music
They are a mixture of almost all genres: blues, folk, country, rock, ballads, pop, gospel even, and a variation of topics: love, heartbreak, self esteem, protest, views on society etc. Of course, these are various songs, not all the same song has all the above lol
Writing influences started out basically with Elvis's music, but then i listened to Bob Dylan and my greatest songs came from listening to his songs
As when do i get to sleep lol i have snuck in a song or 2 whenever i get the urge mostly in the evening when i'm most relaxed lying in bed listening to my fave music
My greatest creative 'binge' i went through was in one night in October. I ahd bought 5 new albums on the weekends, and i wrote 6 new sonsg in the space of an hour and a half. I was quite happy with that lol

I have a link to one of the songs i written, one of my greatest called This world. Its on the same site as the others though. I will upload another later. I just tried, but it failed

But please, do let me know your thoughts with 'This world' . I'd like to know if i got a future in this business. Although i recorded this a year and a half ago, so my voice will sound quite a bit different.
8)

Heres the link to my song: This world
http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=6039

Elvis Fans Singing...

Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:55 pm

Scott Haigh wrote:
I have a link to one of the songs i written, one of my greatest called This world.

No-one could say you ever lacked confidence, just....err....what's the word....?

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:00 pm

Err what? lol :?

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:28 pm

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Err what? lol :?

Hi Scott,

Please forgive me if I have got this wrong but...........didnt I read in one of your replies to another member of the forum that you have Aspergers Syndrome?

I work with students who have Aspergers and Autism and these students each have a special talent that is just born in them.

Some have a musical ability, some have an artistic ability a ''savant'' who only has to look at something once and can recreate it exactly.

I am glad you have a musical ability and that you have wrote your songs to deal with everyday situations and I hope one day they come to fruition

Good Luck Scott :D

Elvis Fans Singing...

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:28 pm

Scott Haigh wrote:
Err what? lol

.....modesty perhaps?

(I'm only kidding)

I wish you luck and admire your determination!!

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:32 am

Yes i do have Aspergers, a mild case of it. Its not easy to live with at the times you notice it. I have a great lack of physical co-ordination and do not fit in with social situations too well, though performing has indeed helped me. Elvis's babe also has it, she could probably tell you more than me

And with looking at something once and recreating it. I basically have a photographic memory. One good thing about it is with exams i only had to look at things a few time to remember them. Infact, i passed 4 of 5 of my end of high school exams, which i'm quite pleased with :D

Thank you for your best wishes. Same to you in whatever you may do my friend 8)

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:42 am

Crap! I wish I had seen this sooner... I would have enjoyed sending a few tracks... oh well... maybe next year. :cry:

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:31 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Crap! I wish I had seen this sooner... I would have enjoyed sending a few tracks... oh well... maybe next year. :cry:

Send them anyway Brad............go ahead and post them. I'd love to hear it!!

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:58 am

Ok what the hell... here's a tune.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=CBA0B2415306223E