All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Elvis Fans singing Elvis Songs

Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:34 am

Elvis Fans singing Elvis Songs.

I need your assistance. For the German Elvis Radio Show "The King strikes back" we're looking for Elvis songs, sang by Elvis Fans.

- unplugged songs, with guitar or piano
- accapella version
- with Playbacks
- with band
- with the King himself as a duet

Iam the host of the show and I like to present the songs in a radio special or during the regular shows. It depends from the feedback of you.

Please send your songs as a MP3 file to:

Elvisradio@tiscali.de

Subject: Elvisfans singing Elvis songs

Add some information about you (age, country, favourite Elvis songs etc)

Thank you very much

Harty

elvis fans singing

Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:25 pm

... Now this is my chance, in finally gettin my singing voice on the

radio!... It was recorded on new years night, 1998. Its me , my

neighbours, Fred and Connie and a guy named Erik, and his dog

named "King"... there might have been an escort lady, blowing

a trumpet... but Im not 100% sure...? We was all drunk as a skunk

that night, and the following 24 hours... I have to dig up this

cassette first, ofcourse, but Im sure you will appreciate us singing

Elvis medleys that night! Theres a, somewhat risque version of

Wear My D*ck Around Your Neck... but its rocking like crazy!

...Ill be in touch, shortly! Auf wiedersehen...

Re: elvis fans singing

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:09 pm

> I have to dig up this cassette first, ofcourse, but Im sure you will
> appreciate us singing Elvis medleys that night!

Is it an audience recording? Is there disturbing noise of clicking/rolling cameras or screaming ladies on it? Do you have any 8mm footage?

> Theres a, somewhat risque version of Wear My D*ck Around Your Neck...

This might in fact be somewhat risky. Did you also sing Puppet On A String, Please Don't Drag That String Around and Anything That Was Part Of You that evening?

> Auf wiedersehen...

Habe die Ehre.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:24 pm

Sounds like my kind of PARTY Ger,
add to set list
Thats what you get for loving me..hehe

elvis fans singing

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:27 pm

Thanks for the help, guys!

I remember some more titles we did... My Little Friend was one...

The escort, yeah, I do remember her vividly now... sometimes

would lay down the trumpet and tore in to a rousing version of

Baby, What You Want Me To Do... and Bert would yell out : "You

can knock me down, sit on my face...!" ... and "King" would go

wroof! wroof! ... Man, the fun we had!...

elvis fans singing

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:42 pm

... Yes, Bert. I forgot to name her, the first time around.

Bert was our local pizza delivery lady... she loved opening pizza

boxes, to her customers, up on delivery. She did a mindbogglin

version that night of "Baby Let Me Bang Your Box"... not an Elvis

song, but a party jiver never the less! :D

Re: Elvis Fans singing Elvis Songs

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:20 pm

Harty wrote:Elvis Fans singing Elvis Songs.

I need your assistance. For the German Elvis Radio Show "The King strikes back" we're looking for Elvis songs, sang by Elvis Fans.

- unplugged songs, with guitar or piano
- accapella version
- with Playbacks
- with band
- with the King himself as a duet

Iam the host of the show and I like to present the songs in a radio special or during the regular shows. It depends from the feedback of you.

Harty, it's not too likely these will be anything better than embarrassing. You may even be flooded with MP3s from some of those pathetic "imitators" (aka "ETAs") -- several of your examples are exactly what they do, adorned with the usual stupid jumpsuit, sideburns and "EP" sunglasses.

The memory of Elvis deserves better.

The only Elvis fan I want to hear singing Elvis songs is Bruce Springsteen. May I send you MP3s of his renditions of "Heartbreak Hotel," "Wear My Ring (Around Your Neck)" or "Follow That Dream"?

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:34 pm

The only Elvis fan I want to hear singing Elvis songs is Bruce Springsteen. May I send you MP3s of his renditions of "Heartbreak Hotel," "Wear My Ring (Around Your Neck)" or "Follow That Dream"?


The Jeff Beck Group's versions of All Shook Up and Jailhouse Rock from their 1969 Beck-ola album are pretty amazing. Those are worth a spin as well.

Re: Elvis Fans singing Elvis Songs

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:45 pm

So you don't like Doug Church singing Elvis songs?

He's the best impersonator! Not that he looks like Elvis, but he sounds exactly like him..
Last edited by Guest on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:47 pm

No friggin way in hell am I a ETA, but our band occassionally takes acoustic breaks throughout our 4 hour bar gig. A crowd pleaser has always been Elvis Movie Tunes...serious.

http://willyinthebox.com/music/girlhappy.mp3

Actually Kissin Cousins gets requested alot..kind of strange.

Re: Elvis Fans singing Elvis Songs

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:50 pm

FlamingStar wrote:Hi. Could you please send me these Bruce Springsteen Mp3s. My mail is simenaamot@hotmail.com ... And, have you found the Mp3 tape of the song i asked for?

FS -- I'm working on it! Keep the faith -- but NO MORE Dooug Church comments. Or else!
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Thanks!

I thought i sent you a PM, but i wrote it in the topic :lol:

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:09 am

Thanks for your comments. Of course, pls send me the "Boss" versions...

The first songs arrived...more feedback during the weekend

Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:04 am

Anyone who hasn't heard Sam's rendition of You've Lost That Loving Feeling is really missing out !

His vibrato is displayed most pleasingly, as is his tremolo.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:11 pm

Hope I get more songs...

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:20 pm

JonRomanovich wrote:No friggin way in hell am I a ETA, but our band occassionally takes acoustic breaks throughout our 4 hour bar gig. A crowd pleaser has always been Elvis Movie Tunes...serious.

http://willyinthebox.com/music/girlhappy.mp3

Actually Kissin Cousins gets requested alot..kind of strange.


I remember you posting that before. It's pretty cool :)

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:10 pm

JonRomanovich wrote:No friggin way in hell am I a ETA, but our band occassionally takes acoustic breaks throughout our 4 hour bar gig. A crowd pleaser has always been Elvis Movie Tunes...serious.

http://willyinthebox.com/music/girlhappy.mp3

Actually Kissin Cousins gets requested alot..kind of strange.


Hey JR,,

Just had a listen to that track. Pretty cool I have to say. If I'm ever over your way I'll check out the gig..

K.

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:11 am

Thanks. I like playing the "off beat" tunes out with the band. Every band by me typically puts Blue Suede or Hound Dog in their sets, to satisy (dare I say) the older crowd. I'll play one of those if someone wants it, but I like doing GH or Kissin Cousins and have someone ask me.."did you write that or something??? that was cool..." Then I tell them its a 40 year old Elvis song and it is cool.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:06 am

you're great..thanks again for some songs..

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:06 pm

JonRomanovich wrote:No friggin way in hell am I a ETA, but our band occassionally takes acoustic breaks throughout our 4 hour bar gig. A crowd pleaser has always been Elvis Movie Tunes...serious.

http://willyinthebox.com/music/girlhappy.mp3

Actually Kissin Cousins gets requested alot..kind of strange.


:smt023 :smt023 :smt020 :smt020 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt023 :smt023
Great performance!

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:43 pm

Jons bands instrumental breaks are a really nice way of playing tribute to Elvis' music. I said that the visual tribute done by the group Texas in their video was the only thing I'd considered to be a genuine tribute to Elvis, but I'll add Jons to that list as well.

Leaving out the vocal is pure justice and leaving it up to the listener to visualise it is a nice touch.

Re: Elvis Fans singing Elvis Songs

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:14 pm

FlamingStar wrote:He's the best impersonator! Not that he looks like Elvis, but he sounds exactly like him..


Exactly like him??

Ok, next joke please!

Re: Elvis Fans singing Elvis Songs

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:15 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
FlamingStar wrote:Hi. Could you please send me these Bruce Springsteen Mp3s. My mail is simenaamot@hotmail.com ... And, have you found the Mp3 tape of the song i asked for?

FS -- I'm working on it! Keep the faith -- but NO MORE Dooug Church comments. Or else!


Please, if you can send me too. I´d like to hear those. :wink:

My email is: renanagulled@hotmail.com

Re: Elvis Fans singing Elvis Songs

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:34 pm

Renan wrote:
FlamingStar wrote:He's the best impersonator! Not that he looks like Elvis, but he sounds exactly like him..


Exactly like him??

Ok, next joke please!


Renan, now now, come along, didn't you know this guy is having number one hits all over the world and BMG snapped him up immediately..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:45 pm

When do you need it?