All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:52 am

MissClawdy wrote:If EPE had something against the book, why did they use it as a trivia question on the official homepage?

The question was: Elvis wanted to write a book. What was the title?

The answer among other possibilities was "Through My Eyes"...

Would somebody fighting a legal matter mention this to the main source of Elvis fans on their homepage, if it wasn't true?

It it quite clear to me that EPE knew about this project and this way it is clear to me that it can't have been a legal matter to prevent the book. Otherwise they would have never even talked about it.

What do you think of that?

Most serious fans know that Elvis came up with that title if he were ever to write a book. The trivia question had nothing to do with Lucy DeBarbin's claims. You are reading too much into it. Besides, whoever makes up the trivia questions is a lowly employee and not "EPE."

Lucy DeBarbin is a fraud. Nothing EPE does or doesn't do is going to change that.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:07 pm

No. Do you even know what the FBI Files are?? I doubt it. Let me help you.

These files are UNVERIFIED and UNSUBSTANTIATED reports from various sources

Yeah, right... that's why there eventually was a COURT CASE....

There would not have been a court case if it all was unverified and unsubstantiated.

But, I bow in humble to so much 'expertise' :shock:

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:09 pm

[/quote]No. Do you even know what the FBI Files are?? I doubt it. Let me help you. These files are UNVERIFIED and UNSUBSTANTIATED reports from various sources

Yeah, right... that's why there eventually was a COURT CASE.... in wich the people concerning the Elvis case were put on trail.

There would not have been a court case if it all was unverified and unsubstantiated.

But, I bow in humble to so much 'expertise'

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:09 pm

JeroenNL wrote:
No. Do you even know what the FBI Files are?? I doubt it. Let me help you.

These files are UNVERIFIED and UNSUBSTANTIATED reports from various sources

Yeah, right... that's why there eventually was a COURT CASE....

But, I bow in humble to so much 'expertise' :shock:

Oh, spare us. This is all so much bullsh*t. You can have a court case over anything. As the saying goes, you can indict a ham sandwich. Doesn't mean a thing.

Give it up already.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:13 pm

Dont worry, I will give up.

In a couple of years time these 'people' will also claim that 9/11 didn't happen

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:15 pm

Oh, spare us. This is all so much bullsh*t. You can have a court case over anything. As the saying goes, you can indict a ham sandwich. Doesn't mean a thing

You can read the verdict in the files.

But then, you have to READ them first

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:20 pm

Elvis often referred to "Fairytale" as the story of his life.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:24 pm

JeroenNL wrote:
Oh, spare us. This is all so much bullsh*t. You can have a court case over anything. As the saying goes, you can indict a ham sandwich. Doesn't mean a thing

Verdicts are rendered by humans and are therefore fallible.

I know of too many verdicts that were just plain WRONG.

But go ahead, engage in your fantasy. I won't stop you. I'm done. As the saying goes, "You can't have a rational conversation with an irrational person."

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:31 pm

JeroenNL wrote:

I have read them. So what?? There are a lot of things in there that never were written about in any book..........mostly because it is supposition and BS interspersed freely with fact.

So tell us.........what the hell do the FBI files have to do with Lucy Loo-Loo anyway?? Is she in there??? You believe everything in there, right?? Why aren't she and her "love child" in there??

The paternity suit is in there..........funny Elvis' secret daughter isn't.

J Edgar Hoover must have been slipping :lol:

Really........what is your stake in this?? You can't be making yourself look foolish for nothing. Are you sleeping with Desiree?? Did she have your pseudo-Elvis lovechild?? Are you going to sue the Estate for child support??

I suppose it must have been easier to say "Elvis is your secret daddy" than "I met some drunken sailor in a bar............9 months later, there you were".

I see your repeated reference to "Operation Fountain Pen" as perhaps the first clue that you are an Elvis-Is Aliver as well.

Man, I hope not, but it would explain everything.

Just for me, type it out.........ELVIS IS DEAD SINCE 8/16/77.

We'll work on the rest after your medication kicks in.......

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:44 pm

Scatter wrote:I see your repeated reference to "Operation Fountain Pen" as perhaps the first clue that you are an Elvis-Is Aliver as well.

Oh, if I had only known that earlier I wouldn't have wasted my time.

DJC had the right idea - he lobbed it in the air and went on to other topics.
Last edited by Memphis Flash on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:47 pm

[/quote]I see your repeated reference to "Operation Fountain Pen" as perhaps the first clue that you are an Elvis-Is Aliver as well.

Have I said anywhere that I am?

So besides sticking your head in the sand for facts you are now going to fill in who I am?...

Who you guys are too good to be true.. awesome!

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:57 pm

You have been here almost two years and still have no idea how to quote and post correctly?

Why am I not surprised.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:05 pm

JeroenNL wrote:
I see your repeated reference to "Operation Fountain Pen" as perhaps the first clue that you are an Elvis-Is Aliver as well.

Have I said anywhere that I am?

So besides sticking your head in the sand for facts you are now going to fill in who I am?...

Who you guys are too good to be true.. awesome!
[/quote]

No........but you as yet have not stated that you aren't an Elvis Is Aliver either. Did you think I hadn't noticed??

As for the "facts".........I'm still waiting for you to post one to stick my head in the sand over.

Let me give you some examples of what are facts, and what are not facts.

Fact..........Elvis is dead.

Fiction........Desiree was sired by Elvis rather than a drunken sailor or some other such nobody.

Now........let's see you write it and swear by your honor you believe it.

Like this........

"I swear on my honor as an Elvis fan that I believe Elvis Presley died on August 16th 1977."

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:30 pm

No........but you as yet have not stated that you aren't an Elvis Is Aliver either. Did you think I hadn't noticed??

Again; have I said anywhere that I am? FACT: NO

FACT: there are FBI files on Elvis

FACT: Elvis was defrauded

FACT: There was a court case agains the people who defrauded Elvis

FACT: Lucy has a handwritten poem by Elvis

FACT: Lucy was warned by the Estate not to release the poem

FACT: I have stated many times that some things in her story are up for debate (like her having a daughter from Elvis).

FACT: I don't have to swear anything to you, scatter

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:43 pm

JeroenNL wrote:
FACT: Lucy has a handwritten poem by Elvis FICTION

FACT: Lucy was warned by the Estate not to release the poem FICTION

FICTION.

Your indulging in this fantasy is humorous, really.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:49 pm

JeroenNL wrote:

You still seem to unable to differetiate between fact and surmise. Let's try again.........

Again; have I said anywhere that I am? FACT: NO

Again.........you are inexplicably reluctant to say you AREN'T. Well, perhaps not so inexplicable after all, eh??

FACT: there are FBI files on Elvis

As on millions of others............again what has that to do with Lucy Loo-Loo??

FACT: Elvis was defrauded

Again, the Lucy connection eludes us all.......

FACT: There was a court case agains the people who defrauded Elvis

Did Lucy defraud him?!?!? Is that why you keep bringing it up??Finally, we agree.

FACT: Lucy has a handwritten poem by Elvis

NO........that is NOT a fact. Did you see Elvis write it?? Did the expert?? Has any other expert given his opinion?? The fact is, if you knew what you were talking about, the "expert" never said that Elvis wrote that note. He said it was his OPINION that Elvis may have written it. Opinion is not fact. Another expert may claim just the opposite. See the difference??

FACT: Lucy was warned by the Estate not to release the poem

NO.......not a fact. How is this "fact" documented?? Does she have some correspondence?? Tape of a phone call?? Is there anything the Estate could have done to prevent the release?? No........again, you have no clue what a fact is......

FACT: I have stated many times that some things in her story are up for debate (like her having a daughter from Elvis).

Well..........please tell us how you go from questioning the most important and pivotal part of her story to accepting everything else that is trivial in comparison?? How did you know when her BS stopped??

FACT: I don't have to swear anything to you, scatter

I never asked you to..........I asked you to swear on your honor as an Elvis fan that you believed Elvis died on 8/16/77. The fact that you CANNOT, says it all..........

Game........Set.......Match

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:04 pm

Scatter, please my little monkey boy:

We are talking about two subjects now: the files and the book.

So, no, the files have nothing to do with Lucy. However, I won't be surprised if you guys now start denying the fact that those files excist, as FACTS obviously don't mean scat, I mean s...t to you. You just love to be Mr. Know It All and win discussions, hence the 'Game, Set & Match' remark.

NO.......not a fact. How is this "fact" documented?? Does she have some correspondence?? Tape of a phone call?? Is there anything the Estate could have done to prevent the release?? No........again, you have no clue what a fact is......

Funny you bring this up: yes it is documented: they are in the book, second edition, all documenst are reprinted there. But then again, you have to read it first.

Game....Set...Match!

Now go eat a banana!

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:11 pm

They are in WHAT book? The work of fiction-in-order-to-get-fame-and-riches?

Or what?

Really, shouldn't you go back to developing computer games with the other teenagers? Mr. Commandeur?

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:20 pm

JeroenNL wrote:Scatter, please my little monkey boy:

We are talking about two subjects now: the files and the book.

I'm glad you finally realize that..........progress at last!!

So, no, the files have nothing to do with Lucy. However, I won't be surprised if you guys now start denying the fact that those files excist, as FACTS obviously don't mean scat, I mean s...t to you. You just love to be Mr. Know It All and win discussions, hence the 'Game, Set & Match' remark.

They exist........they are simply NOT documented or verified facts, and Elvis-Is-Alivers like yourself use them as though they are.The fact that no one mentioned "Fountain Pen" being used as "proof" by you that Lucy could have escaped notice for decades is the crux of the issue. Patent nonsense

And, BTW.........I have won this discussion. We can do a poll which will further embarrass you if you like......

Funny you bring this up: yes it is documented: they are in the book, second edition, all documenst are reprinted there. But then again, you have to read it first.

OH........They're in a BOOK!!! HER book..........ONLY her book.Now I see.........documents in a book she's selling for profit. Hmmmmmmmm..........again, no proof of EPE's threats, her relationship with Elvis, the paternity of her daughter. That's OK........those aren't important.

BTW.........I'm going to write a book where I call you an Elvis-Is-Aliver. That way we'll all know it's true cuz it's in a book.

Game....Set...Match!

Now go eat a banana!

Still no assurance that you're not a general Elvis conspiracy nut-job I see.........Quit while you're behind
:lol:

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:25 pm

Hey Flash, I'm getting all Deja-Vuey. Isn't this just like dealing with MC over Donna Early??

I've missed you..........I'm getting all misty :wink:

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:28 pm

Well, a harmless teenager from The Netherlands who likes computer games and who knows, could be the next Dutch Steven Spielberg!

We can say we knew him when he was just a young, confused Elvis fan.

Yes, Scatter, you won this one. But he tried to be respectful (I think), so we can give him that. P.S. Yes, it is reminiscent of MC. But he finally saw the light! Hello, MC if you are reading this.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:12 pm

They are in WHAT book?

Read a few posts back, there you have the title and the ISBN number.

Enjoy reading it! :D

My most humble regards,

Your Computer Gaming Teenager From The Netherlands

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:17 pm

You are too funny! But I like you.

And no, I won't be reading the book. I already wasted too much time on this. And I won't tell anyone you are really a pensioner. ;)

Anyone have any bananas?

IF ELVIS WAS TO WRITE A BOOK .

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:25 pm

I guess the title would have been -Thru my eyes . :wink:
Last edited by karlos on Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: IF ELVIS WAS TO WRITE A BOOK .

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:32 pm

karlos wrote:I guess the title would have been - Fairy tale .-this is because he alwaysg this song that this is the story of his lfe .- said on various concerts before he always said -'' this is the story of my life''' before he sang - Fairy tale .-

:wink:

Maybe, but he said a lot of things tongue in cheek. It did make for a wry, funny comment at concerts, though.

He was too perceptive to have titled his autobiography Fairytale IMO because he would have written about things from his vantage point, and those were gritty reality.

It was not easy being Elvis Presley. Fairytale would have been way too fluffy a title, and what self-respecting masculine heterosexual male would ever write an autobiography titled Fairytale? Especially two words as you wrote it: Fairy Tale.

I think Elvis would have decked anyone who suggested that title to him. ;)