All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Elvis own book

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 am

I've heard once, that Elvis wanted to write a book about his life.

Did he ever make an attempt to start or was it just an idea he had?

Who knew about it and how did this story come out?

Re: Elvis own book

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:16 am

MissClawdy wrote:I've heard once, that Elvis wanted to write a book about his life.

He thought about writing his life story.

Then he realised the lyrics of My Way said it all.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm

Lucy de Barbin (who wrote the book Are You Lonesome Toninght) claims she and Elvis started on a book by recording conversations about his life on tape. If you would like to read this book please pick up the revised edition that holds extra information,

Her story as told in the book was laughed at by many in the Elvis world until she produced a verified written love poem to her by Elvis. Graceland has forbidden her to publish the poem. She also produced a card that Elvis wrote and put in a bunch of flowers delivered to her home.

It is said that her having the tapes is also verified. The book was to be called 'Through My Eyes'.

Personally I do believe Lucy had something going on with Elvis but her story about her also having a daughter from Elvis is perhabs a bit too far from reality.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:01 pm

JeroenNL...Don´t you think it´s strange to claim that Graceland forbids a private letter to be published?

Re: Elvis own book

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:29 pm

MissClawdy wrote:I've heard once, that Elvis wanted to write a book about his life.

Try the Larry geller book..
This subject is integrated..

Cheers, RJ

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:39 pm

JeroenNL wrote:Lucy de Barbin.... she produced a verified written love poem to her by Elvis.
Graceland has forbidden her to publish the poem.

She could publish it in the UK.

EPE's 'exclusivity' as regards Elvis name has been successfully challenged in our court system.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 pm

JeroenNL...Don´t you think it´s strange to claim that Graceland forbids a private letter to be published?

I don't claim that, it is in that book. There's the story on how Graceland prevented Lucy from publishing

There's also shown samples from the handwriting used in the verification: known handwriting and samples from the poem.

They do tell how the poem starts, they give the first line. I will look it up tonight when I am at home.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:19 pm

JeroenNL...Sorry if I wasn´t clear enough...I didn´t imply that you claimed it...Just that Lucy does.
ColinB...What I meant was that is it really possible to prevent a private letter from being published in the USA? Unbelieveble...

Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:54 pm

JeroenNL wrote:Lucy de Barbin (who wrote the book Are You Lonesome Toninght) claims she and Elvis started on a book by recording conversations about his life on tape.

Does these recordings excist?

Sounds interesting!

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:27 pm

The poem Elvis wrote begins with the line:

'Seen only by the eyes of my love you're my life, Somewhere in time there was my love'

The handwritingexpert who verified it was written by Elvis: Charles Hamilton.

About the tapes:

'Already upset enough about the Estate's (Graceland) denial of permission to publish the poem and the battering she was taking from the media, Lucy was understandably frightened and confused. She wavered on whether she would break her final promise to Elvis and release the tapes, a move she felt would be the ultimate betrayal of their relationship'

Interesting book: published by Arrow Books, 1988, ISBN 0 09 956930 2

Pieces of the tapes have been used by Lucy to write this book.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:04 pm

JeroenNL wrote:Lucy de Barbin (who wrote the book Are You Lonesome Toninght) claims ...

Lucy de Barbin is a complete fraud, and nothing she has stated or managed to get published is worth a thing.

As for Elvis and an autobiography, it was only something he thought about, never anything he actually tried to do. The farthest he went was conjuring up a title, "Through My Eyes." He also mentioned a desire to be sure Marion Keister of SUN Records got credit for her part in his discovery.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:35 pm

Lucy de Barbin is a complete fraud

How do you know? Can you prove that? Where you there? Do you know her?

She has produced handwritten cards and a poem, written by Elvis. That's what I call hard evidence. Evidence that at least she knew him on a personal level, more personal then a star / fan relation.

As I said, the claim that her daughter might be Elvis' is up for debate but she proved that she knew Elvis. So much that Graceland made it clear to her not to release the poem or else a whole bunch of lawyers would be send to her. Now if she's just a nutcase, Graceland wouldn't go to that amount of trouble, don't you think?

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:29 am

I stand by my words, but I'll leave it to someone else to gently disabuse you of your misplaced support.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:04 am

I am not supporting her.

You are reacting in the same fashion as Graceland does:

Just because her story doesn't fit the general picture we all have of Elvis, hard evidence or not, just deny it and it will all go away!.

It is the same with the FBI files on Elvis: they never been discussed by any Memphis Mafia Member yet they all wrote books, claiming they are his best friend and with him 24 hours of the day. It happend, the files are there, no point in denying it.

As I said: some things in her story are up for debate. But: for me (and to a whole bunch of legal people but maybe you should read her book) she at least proved she knew him.

I'll leave it to someone else to gently disabuse you

I don't think I have abused you or used offending language. This remark is a common reaction for people who are lost for words or arguments. But I guess you are mister-know-it-all, Elvis' best friend who was with him 24 hours of the day from his birth to his death... Would love to see all the personal letters and cards Elvis wrote you!.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:52 am

You can take what DrJohnCarpenter said to the bank.

No question, Lucy DeBarbin was, and is, a total, complete fraud who we shouldn't even be taking up bandwidth discussing.

Elvis only thought about writing a book, and came up with the title as DJC said, but never did one single thing toward starting on it. And he certainly never met Lucy DeBarbin.

Her book is B.S. (and I did read it).

Scarre wrote:JeroenNL...Sorry if I wasn´t clear enough...I didn´t imply that you claimed it...Just that Lucy does.
ColinB...What I meant was that is it really possible to prevent a private letter from being published in the USA? Unbelieveble...

No, of course there is nothing that would prevent anyone from publishing anything.

But it sounds good to say Graceland threatened her, doesn't it?

Pure fantasy (and that's not the first word that came to mind).

P.S. To disabuse someone does not imply they have been abusive, only that they have been wrong or, in this case, sadly mistaken.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:53 am

Ah, another expert and close friend of Elvis!

Well: convince me then that she is a fraud, please show me your evidence that shows she's a fraud and signed all the things, like the cards and poem, her self.

Anyone so clearly stating she's a fraud must have hard evidence tp prove that.

Or is it as I said before: because her story doens't fit the picture YOU have of Elvis, you THINK it is not true.

To be clear: everybody is allowed to think whatever they like but please don't brush aside FACTS in favour of THOUGHTS

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:19 am

JeroenNL wrote:
I'll leave it to someone else to gently disabuse you

I don't think I have abused you or used offending language.

Oh dear. JeroenNL, I think you should consult your English lexicon.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:29 am

JeroenNL wrote:Ah, another expert and close friend of Elvis!

Well: convince me then that she is a fraud, please show me your evidence that shows she's a fraud and signed all the things, like the cards and poem, her self.

Or is it as I said before: because her story doens't fit the picture YOU have of Elvis, you THINK it is not true.

To be clear: everybody is allowed to think whatever they like but please don't brush aside FACTS in favour of THOUGHTS

JeroenNL.........you have it exactly backwards my friend. It is not incumbent upon us to prove what DeBarbin says is untrue (how can you prove a negative anyway), it is incumbent upon HER to prove what she wants us to believe. That's the way it works.
She's asking us to believe her story and buy her book..........not the other way around. So........show us the proof. A DNA test for her daughter would be a start. At least give us her verified bloodtype to show it's a possibility she was fathered by Elvis.

As for the signed poem and card...........a COA and $4.95 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks, if you get my drift. Ever see some of the crap that's had a COA for at auctions and verified by "experts"?? "Nuff said......

Funny though, I didn't realize that someone had to be WITH Elvis 24/7 beofre they could pronounce her story BS. I would imagine SOMEONE who was VERIFIABLY with Elvis for 20 years would at SOME time have heard of her, no??

I mean..........they all heard of obscure ones like Alicia Kerwin, but for someone who supposedly went back so many years.........nothing. Never heard of her. Elvis never kept a secret in his entire life.........he was renowned for his inability to keep his mouth shut. Except with Lucy apparently, eh??

El Lancelot my ass.......... :lol:

As for the prohibition for publishing the poem and card...........bullshit. There is nothing that could be done legally in the USA or anywhere else. If EPE could stop such things, don't you think they would have stopped her book in the first place?? Or Goldman's?? Or Gail Brewer-DiGiorgio?? Or Dee Stanley's vomitous bile??

They couldn't stop that slanderous trash.........but the poem and greeting card........THAT MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!!! :lol:

What were Pris and Lisa gonna do..........send their goons over to brainwash Lucy into Scientology?? Check her house for unlicensed memorabilia?? Force her to watch Jonathan Rhies-Myers lip synch "If I can Dream" ??

As for the tapes..........EPE couldn't do jack squat about that either. Funny though how she considers the only "real" proof too dear and sacred to release. Too personal to make money from Elvis........yet she had no problem making money from Elvis with a book of unsubstantiated dreck, along with its sensational allegation that Elvis fathered her daughter. It's OK to make money from that..........after all, what's more personal, Elvis' supposed daughter ........the fruit of his loins as the Good Book says......or the card, poem, and tapes?? Hmmmmmm........I guess the handwriting and tapes are more personal than the supposed product of his sperm.

Even you yourself deem the claim that Elvis fathered her child as unlikely.......yet you swallow all the rest like it's a blue ribbon apple pie.

If you can't believe the most personal of all her revelations, how can you believe the rest??

Sometimes I wonder how some can believe the Elvis Is Alive stuff...........and then it all becomes crystal clear :wink:

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:50 am

Case closed.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:53 am

carolynlm wrote:Is this the same person who claimned that every time Elvis put his hand to his ear whilst on television, he was sending her some kind of message.....?

Yeah Caro..........you'd think after fathering her offspring he'd send her a signal by grabbing something a little........err......lower. :wink:

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:09 am

So, let me get this right:

to you guys lawyers and by justice court appointed handwritting experts don't mean a thing? If they establish something in another case everybody agrees and sees it as evidence. But when the name Elvis appears in a case it suddenly is all crap.

OK. I have to admit: how I can I be so silly that people publish such documents in a book just for the sake of being a fake?

Yep, you all have convinced me that it is all fake, boy was I blind. I'm off to Starbucks now, getting my Elvis singnature with COA.

Funny though, I didn't realize that someone had to be WITH Elvis 24/7 beofre they could pronounce her story BS. I would imagine SOMEONE who was VERIFIABLY with Elvis for 20 years would at SOME time have heard of her, no??
One last try to break open those onsided minds of you all: how come the people verifiably with Elvis and wrote plenty of books NEVER told ANYTHING about the case discussed in the FBI Files?. I think I know the answer: because they never knew what was going on...

End of discussion.

Please continue believing your own view on Elvis. You probably also believe there was a strange blue light in the sky the night Elvis was born...

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:32 am

i stumbled upon a fansite for lucy de barbin...wowee. it was the freakiest thing i've seen since the scandinavian chick that thinks she is the 'real' lisa marie presley.

it reminds me of the idiotic romanov imposters (multiplicitous anastasias, marias and alexeis--the fraudulent anna anderson being the most famous "anastasia").

funny thing--the daughter of lucy de barbin has a cleft chin and looks NOTHING like elvis. at least the scandinavian lisa marie wasn't quite so out-there. and i heard some supposed lucy de barbin elvis quotes--none of them sound like him at all.

hell, this fansite was using change of habit's references to the french girl meets irish boy exchange and the fact that there's a character named desiree, as proof. ay caramba.

lucy de barbin isn't even a good fraud. desiree is certainly not in any way related to elvis, and i believe that lucy probably never met elvis in her life. she's a deluded fan with imposter-syndrome. anna anderson has her beat for believability--a lot of people believed her until she got her dna tested post-humous. most people just laugh off the elvis is alive/lucy de barbin/scandinavian lisa marie crap.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:52 am

JeroenNL wrote:So, let me get this right:

to you guys lawyers and by justice court appointed handwritting experts don't mean a thing? If they establish something in another case everybody agrees and sees it as evidence. But when the name Elvis appears in a case it suddenly is all crap.

What "court apppointed" handwriting expert?? What court "appointed" this guy?? No........the fact is that the best auction houses in the world have been fooled.

OK. I have to admit: how I can I be so silly that people publish such documents in a book just for the sake of being a fake?

Maybe we missed something..........did Lucy give her book away, or did she make money off it?? Perhaps that might have provided some motivation?? Nah.........

Yep, you all have convinced me that it is all fake, boy was I blind. I'm off to Starbucks now, getting my Elvis singnature with COA.

While you're there, care to address the question of why you DON'T believe that Desiree is Elvis' daughter, but DO believe that everything else her mother has to say is truthful?? I mean, you as much as admit she's a liar, then stumble all over yourself to swallow the rest of her crap. Tell us........how did you tell where the lies stopped, and the truth began??

Class,the words for today are "Cognitive Dissonance". Look it up Joern.

One last try to break open those onsided minds of you all: how come the people verifiably with Elvis and wrote plenty of books NEVER told ANYTHING about the case discussed in the FBI Files?. I think I know the answer: because they never knew what was going on...

Why would they?? What would they have said about it?? Was Elvis leading the legal team?? Were they involved in the lawsuit?? Were they testifying??

No. Do you even know what the FBI Files are?? I doubt it. Let me help you.

These files are UNVERIFIED and UNSUBSTANTIATED reports from various sources. Just because something is IN thosa files doesn't make them true. They are a collection of innuendo, gossip, and facts. They simply sit in the file cabinet until or if a case involving Presley ever opens up so that there will be a background of information and sources at the ready.

There's one on every celebrity, politician, athlete, etc. There's probably one on me too.

None of those files were ever checked for accuracy or verified. They never would have been unless the FBI started an investigation of Elvis, which they never did. So to rely on them as gospel is simply to misunderstand their intent.

End of discussion.

Agreed.........because you are intent on not thinking through your beliefs. You never bothered to address 90% of the points I raised. I invite you to do so, point by point as I am now addressing you.

Please continue believing your own view on Elvis. You probably also believe there was a strange blue light in the sky the night Elvis was born...

No........but I'm shocked you don't believe it. That's a hell of a lot more likely than Lucy DeBarbin's story for damn sure. At least Vernon (someone who we can VERIFY knew Elvis,BTW) said it. That makes it a lot more believable than the dreck Lucy wrote.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:58 am

JeroenNL wrote:Ah, another expert and close friend of Elvis!

Dear JeroenNL,

We do deal with FACTS, every day. We have seen more frauds come and go than you will ever see. Too many to list, but some of them were Earl Greenwood, Wanda June Hill (nee Berryhill), Lisa Johansson...leaving out some more recent ones because I don't ever care to see their names again.

Now Wanda June Hill published a book about her Dear Friend Elvis. And that book contained 6 or 7 items of "proof," according to some eager and gullible Elvis fans.

One of those gullible Elvis fans loaned me Wanda's book.

Do you have ANY idea how quick it was to disprove each and every one of her items of "Proof?" Amateurishly doctored phone bills - lines with typewriter font that was quite different from the computer-generated font of the other lines....and, the inserted items were not only carelessly out of date order, but the charges did not correspond to the minutes in the inserted items. A particularly sloppy fake.

"Letter" to her from Vernon Presley. Only problem was that Tennessee was misspelled "Tennassee" in the printed letterhead. A fatal misspelling on Wanda's part.

"Letter" to her from former Los Angeles Mayor Sam Yorty thanking her for appearing on his TV show talking about their "mutual friend Elvis." Unfortunately for Wanda, Sam Yorty faxed me a letter stating that he had NEVER been a fan of Elvis and would never have invited anyone on his show to talk about him!

No graphoanalyst in the world can state definitely that any handwriting was done by any particular person, they can only render an "opinion." And from some of the obvious fakes that have been 'certified authentic' by so-called experts, you will have to forgive us if we say 'bullsh*t' to the so-called certified authentic signatures.

Lucy DeBarbin HAS no proof, and as Scatter has eloquently pointed out, if she had any role in his life whatsoever, any number of people would surely have known about it. Besides, I don't believe Elvis ever wrote any poems so that in itself is a big red flag. And I know some of his lady loves and have seen things he did inscribe, and not one was a poem.

I would give this one up and see if cousin Donna doesn't have an item or two that she won't sell you cheap.

P.S. Would you please get off that FBI files kick? FBI files were SECRET, and nobody was privy to what was in them until someone filed a FOIA request. As Scatter said, they contain a mishmash of rumor and innuendo and there was no reason TO discuss them. Frauds like Gail Brewer-Georgio love to invoke "FBI Files." That ought to be a red flag to you.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am

If EPE had something against the book, why did they use it as a trivia question on the official homepage?

The question was: Elvis wanted to write a book. What was the title?

The anwer among other possibilities was "Through My Eyes"...

Would somebody fighting a legal matter mentioning this to the main source of Elvis fans on their homepage, if it wasn't true?

It is quite clear to me that EPE knew about this project and this way it is clear to me that it can't have been a legal matter to prevent the book. Otherwise they would have never even talked about it.

What do you think of that?