All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Thomas wrote:
Eddie wrote:I dont know if he was sedated or not during the live broadcast but he certainly was out of his bin at the press conference.

"Sedated" - nice way to put it :wink: .

I too have my difficulties to believe that he was "straight" during these shows - but as the Doctor said correctly, almost everyone who was there claims that he was.

I believe Doc has commented on the bad timing of that press conference. It was in the afternoon, EP was still half asleep, most likely haven just woken up and was feeling the effects of his sleeping meds. I take one sleeping pill every night, and though I feel better and fresher by noon, ( I get up at 7:00 am) it still takes almost two hours after I get up, for me not to feel the effects of that sleeping pill. Elvis' camp should have been more aware and thus scheduled that conference for night time, since he reportedly slept till 2:00 pm every day, given his schedule. Again, these are little things that the Colonel and Esposito should have been more aware of, especially Esposito since he was EP's right hand man and a liason between Elvis and the Colonel.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:16 am

The press conference was done either just before or just after the DS on the final day of his summer 1972 stand. The guy had to be a little tired after another month of shows in "Sin City."

Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:34 am

My take on the relatively low-keyed Aloha performance is this: The man was extremely depressed at this time. This, more than anything else explains the lack of movement and general lack of gusto on the rock & roll numbers. His heart understandably just isn't in those tunes, as well as the love song Something. He does put himself into the sad ballads, and the anthemic tour de force American Trilogy. Steamroller Blues also gets an engaged, lively reading.

I still enjoy the Aloha show. It is justifiably a career highlight. A man in the midst of a deep depression and in the early stages of what would become a severe dependancy on prescription pills pulls himself together for a first of it's kind event, a worldwide satellite concert!

Elvis part of the deal with Parker

Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:53 pm

I think that Parker wantet Elvis not to do anything but singing. Remember what Elvis said " NO THIS AND THAT" I don`t think that was Elvis own words, but a part of the deal that he had agreed. By the way, I had some friends over to see Aloha for their first time and they really loved it! NO BODY said a word for that one hour, they were totally hooked by the concert!... and they where not Elvis fans.. yet. About songs that we like the most, how can anybody say WHAT song they like the most? I think that we are Elvis fans because we like 100 and 100 of his songs, well someone like the 50`more than the 70` and so, but most of us, dont`t we actually like the most of both 50`, 60`an 70`?

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:56 pm

Quote: I think that we are Elvis fans because we like 100 and 100 of his songs, well someone like the 50`more than the 70` and so, but most of us, dont`t we actually like the most of both 50`, 60`an 70`?

If you say so. I guess I will have to trust your calculations.
I never was good at advanced math.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:59 pm

:lol:

Favorite Elvis song ?

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:42 pm

You can trust my calculations, a real Elvis fan just can`t have just one favorite Elvis song...... baby!
Eddie, I like you`r picture

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:06 pm

quote Eddie, I like you`r picture

Eddie, you really look alot like Elvis. :)