All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

YIPPIE, again a new Christmas cd

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:10 pm

Set for release Oct. 3, 2006 a new Christmas cd.

Yep folks, this is all we waiting for.

My God, what a policy....................sad sad. :cry:

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:14 pm

I didn't know that Elvis recorded christmas songs. I thought he was the king of rock'n roll....

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:19 pm

Nothing but the best for you. It may be a little early, but I want to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

I hope you have many wonderful and joyous hours listening to your new Elvis Christmas CD.

Re: YIPPIE, again a new Christmas cd

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:29 pm

3577 wrote:Set for release Oct. 3, 2006 a new Christmas cd.

Yep folks, this is all we waiting for.

My God, what a policy....................sad sad. :cry:

At least it's being released on my birthday! :)

EP

Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:49 am

Hey, what's wrong with a new Christmas cd, you can rest assured that more will be issued in the future, new photos, better sound etc etc, it just keeps getting better, as the years roll by.

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:55 am

Hey, Rob: Happy Easter!

Re: EP

Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:26 am

Barry wrote:Hey, what's wrong with a new Christmas cd, you can rest assured that more will be issued in the future, new photos, better sound etc etc, it just keeps getting better, as the years roll by.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're kidding right...?

I'm all for the sound improvements, Barry, but as for the rest, I couldn't disagree more. It's over. Buying this stuff at the drop of a hat is truly part of the problem.

OVERKILL

Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:52 pm

It surely is overkill and stupidity constantly repackaging the same 20 songs year after year. Why can't they just re-promote "Christmas peace" where the sound quality and packaging were fine. This re-hashing just confuses the public and adds nothing to Elvis' already complicated and jumbled legacy.

Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:02 pm

I'm looking forward to the release of "Elvis Christmas" for at least four reasons:

(1) the correction of the clipped intro to "Silent Night";

(2) Vic Asesini's remastering;

(3) Kevan Budd's restoration and mastering on the songs from '57, and

(4) Sebastian Jeansson's restoration and mastering on the songs from '71.

Mystery Train

Christmas

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:57 pm

REISSUE of Elvis product will go on and on, until it gets to the point, of very few sales for the product, after all what does it really cost BMG to do this? It is a collectors market, and perhaps BMG will delete the former Christmas cd's, or only leave the new one, on the market for one season, if that were to happen, we will have another Merry Christmas CD.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:55 am

MysteryTrain wrote:I'm looking forward to the release of "Elvis Christmas" for at least four reasons:

(1) the correction of the clipped intro to "Silent Night";

(2) Vic Asesini's remastering;

(3) Kevan Budd's restoration and mastering on the songs from '57, and

(4) Sebastian Jeansson's restoration and mastering on the songs from '71.

Mystery Train

I would hope all the tracks will be mastered by Vic Anesini, being a mainstream release and all. The Sony Studios still seem to get the most fresh sounding results these days (and access to the original session tapes is critical). It will certainly take a lot of work to dethrone the Japanese 24-bit remaster of "Elvis Christmas Album" as the best sounding version of that album to date. As for the 1971 tracks, they always sounded flat and lifeless on any release, so hopefully that situation will be somehow rectified this time (although I woudn't count on it).

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:04 pm

Pssh...I'm not gonna get this one cuz I'm gonna wait for next year's Christmas CD... :roll:

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:19 pm

dl wrote:I didn't know that Elvis recorded christmas songs.
I thought he was the king of rock'n roll....

Oh, he was a bit more than that.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:46 pm

Just had a chance to compare the ISRC's of the new Elvis Christmas disc and it turns out they are absolutely identical to the ISRC's on the Christmas Peace set, which confirms they are indeed using the 2003 Sony DSD masters. This would imply there is absolutely no new DSD mastering present on this disc. Not that the old DSD mastering does not sound great already, but apparently the press release indicated these tracks would be newly DSD mastered for this collection. Judging by the ISRC's alone this is obviously not the case and you might save your money if you already own the "Christmas Peace" set.

USRC15701161
USRC15701157
USRC15701156
USRC15701159
USRC15701155
USRC15701158
USRC15701160
USRC10301697
USRC15700732
USRC15700731
USA820400063
USRC15700734
USRC17101173
USRC17101174
USRC17101170
USRC17101171
USRC17101172
USRC17101164
USRC17101178
USRC17101165
USRC17101166
USRC17101167
USRC17101168

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:51 pm

Who mastered it? How did you get it before release day?

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:00 pm

I have to ask: Where did you find the ISRC codes already?

And I have to say: If they don't restores that clipped intro on Silent Night, I'm going to be seriously pissed off.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:09 pm

elvissessions.com wrote:If they don't restores that clipped intro on Silent Night, I'm going to be seriously pissed off.

Just checked, "Silent night" on "Elvis Christmas" has the same length as on "Christmas Peace" (2:13), you might be out of luck here.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:52 pm

The following Press Release has just been released by Sony BMG:

SONY BMG's Strategic Marketing Group to Release Elvis Presley - Elvis Christmas CD

On October 3 SONY BMG's Strategic Marketing Group will release Elvis Christmas. This definitive, career-spanning collection of holiday songs from Elvis Presley incorporates all the tunes from the 1957 hit Elvis' Christmas Album and his equally acclaimed 1971 Elvis Sings The Wonderful World Of Christmas for the first time on a single disc. He interprets Christmas-time standards, holiday hymns, as well as several gospel tunes that reflect the spirit of the season. All 23 tracks have been upgraded with DSD technology for optimum sound quality. The original albums are not part of the active Elvis catalog.

Elvis' Christmas Album, recorded in three days of sessions, may have been simply conceived as an ephemeral holiday souvenir for his eager young followers, but over the years it has come to be regarded as one of Elvis's finest LPs by both critics and fans. In the nearly 50 years since its release, the album, in various formats, has sold more than 14 million copies in the United States alone. The lineup from that album has been combined here with all the material from the only other holiday disc Presley ever made, his 1971 collection, Elvis Sings the Wonderful World Of Christmas. Sales of that equally well-received album have exceeded 3 million.

In the course of this definitive collection, Elvis Christmas, Elvis considers every aspect of the holiday season, from its frivolity to its solemnity, from the excitement of getting wished-for presents to the bittersweet longing for those people and things we might be missing to the fun of hanging out near the mistletoe. Elvis conjures up a vision of the holidays as we all know them -- or at least as we wish them to be -- and that's why these songs will never go out of style.

Having looked at the above, surely they have got the details wrong. The 1970 Christmas Album sold 9 million and the original 1957 Album 3 million.

Anyone else agree?

Brian :roll:

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:53 pm

Can't say I blame BMG for trying to cash in on the holiday season once again and maybe some of the money flows into new Elvis projects.... And a lot of people have reported, that they never find a lot of Elvis CDs at their local shops, so with more titles out there, isn't there a greater chance, that there is at least one Xmas CD in stock? My Elvis Christmas CD shopping officially stopped with Christmas Peace and a cover, that's artfully done. Nuff said.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:54 pm

I too will be highly pissed if the clipped intro. to "Silent Night" is not restored. Surely, Jorgensen has more sense than to let such a flaw go by uncorrected two times in a row! If this is not restored, one has to wonder about the sanity of all involved. That said, I think there is hope that the clipped intro. to "Silent Night" is restored on "Elvis Christmas." I don't have the codes for "Christmas Peace," but notice that # 8 on "Elvis Christmas" has a totally out of sequence code: USRC10301697 - that is "Silent Night." Although, it seemed to indicate an earlier remastering of "Silent Night." Also, for some strange reason # 11, which is "Take My Hand, Precious Lord," has a "new" code USA820400063.

Mystery Train

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:48 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:I don't have the codes for "Christmas Peace," but notice that # 8 on "Elvis Christmas" has a totally out of sequence code: USRC10301697 - that is "Silent Night." Although, it seemed to indicate an earlier remastering of "Silent Night."

That ISRC is the one from "Christmas Piece" (2003) indicating the clipped intro!

Also, for some strange reason # 11, which is "Take My Hand, Precious Lord," has a "new" code USA820400063.

That ISRC is from "Ultimate Gospel" (2004).

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:09 am

If "Silent Night" has the clipped intro., these guys are morons!

After I hear "Silent Night" on "Elvis Christmas" you'll hear from me. Right afterwards (if "Silent Night" has the clipped intro.), I'll take the "Elvis Christmas" C.D. back to where I bought it and demand a refund claiming it is obviously defective (which it will be [I hope not], but due to stupidity rather than an pressing error, how sad)!

Mystery Train

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:15 am

I would not get too obsessed with that, as the intro can still be found on the 24-bit Japanese remaster, which is great sounding anyways.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:19 am

If the intro to Silent Night is clipped, their claim that "Elvis Christmas" contains both X-mas albums made by Elvis is wrong.

Also, on Christmas Peace there is distortion on the song "Wonderful world of Christmas" - this new compilation should correct this.

But unfortunately it seems that both Silent Night and WWOC will not be corrected.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:21 am

I have the Japanese 24-bit CD "Elvis' Christmas Album" (and it's a great release!); however, it still doesn't excuse stupidity! And, BMG has the audacity to advertise that all the songs on the "new" "Elvis Christmas" are newly remastered in DSD. Those in charge are pathetic!

Mystery Train