All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Should Elvis In Concert 1977 Be Officially Released on DVD?

YES
66%
NO
34%

Total votes : 106

Should Elvis In Concert 1977 Be Officially Released on DVD?

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:11 pm

Due to the never ending threads regarding this issue a poll is needed to see who is for / against this official release.

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:16 pm

No way, i voted NO!

This should never be releaed on DVD!

No way

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:29 pm

No way, it should be burned 5 times in fire along with all post-Aloha Elvis photos. Everyone know that Elvis died on January 14, shortly after Aloha.

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:45 pm

I vote yeah, why not, those who don't want to buy it don't have to - and there will surely be a lot of people buying this.

It has been circulated underground for AGES anyway, sure, Elvis was in bad shape, but not all of the shows recorded for the special were that terrible.

I'd absolutely buy it, even if only to be complete .....

Cheers

BC55

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:12 pm

Elvis didn't die shortly after Aloha. But he switched his identity with an impersonator named Sebastian Haff. Unfortunately Haff developed a drug problem and died of heart failture. It's bad that this guy distroyed the image of our hero. He never should have done Elvis In Concert. The real Elvis first recorded under the name of Orion and killed his ex-wife. He had an operation where he changed his sex and he had his face done Paradise Priscilla Style. Then he founded Elvis Presley Enterprises, opened up parts of his home and sold EP rubber ducks to the world. 8)

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:33 pm

dl wrote:... He had an operation where he changed his sex and he had his face done Paradise Priscilla Style. Then he founded Elvis Presley Enterprises, opened up parts of his home and sold EP rubber ducks to the world. 8)

:smt044 :smt043 :smt044 :smt043 :smt044 :smt043

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:34 pm

I've added my opinion on this many times before, so I refuse to do it again. As a matter of fact, I'm not even going to post a reply on this thread because I don't want it to come back to the top.

Re: Should Elvis In Concert 1977 Be Officially Released on D

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:39 pm

jetblack wrote:Due to the never ending threads regarding this issue...

Yeah last thing we need is another one, lets hope people can use some of the many existing ones already created if they have things to share about this subject.

Rob wrote:I've added my opinion on this many times before, so I refuse to do it again. As a matter of fact, I'm not even going to post a reply on this thread because I don't want it to come back to the top.

Yeah, I'm with you Rob. :wink:

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:46 pm

Yes !!!!
:D :D

Re: No way

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:06 pm

deadringer wrote: Everyone know that Elvis died on January 14, shortly after Aloha.

Elvis died august 16, 1977
and I loved him till the end, and still do, no matter what.

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Steve M wroote:-
Yeah last thing we need is another one, lets hope people can use some of the many existing ones already created if they have things to share about this subject.

Just for you too Steve I have another Elvis In Concert thread in the works after this one finishes! :lol:

My vote for this release is a most definite YES!!!

Andy

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:55 pm

Why ?

Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:42 pm

Of course my answer is YES!

I want songs like:
- You Gave Me A Mountain
- Hurt
- How Great Thou Art
- Unchained Melody
- My Way
- Can't Help Falling In Love
- I Really Don't Wanna Know
- Fairytale
- Love Me
- I Got A Woman
- Hawaiin Wedding Song
- Trying To Get To You

...released in superb sound and picture quality 8)

Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:47 pm

Yes

Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:59 pm

forget elvis in 77 the real elvis was long gone.
better to push for elvis in 72 with more on tour stuff or how about all the 50s shows on a dvd set.

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:00 pm

YES

There might have been a few threads like this but this is a poll and it would be good to get some idea of the numbers for and against. A good sub Poll would be - whos already got the CBS Special and the Rapid and Omaha concerts in crap quality on VCD/DVD/Video ?

Whats the bet the people who don't want Elvis In Concert already have it ( in crap quality) and would be the first in the queue to buy it should it ever be released officially.

Its Elvis - why wouldn't you want it?

An actor playing a characture of Elvis in yet another cheesy bio-pic thats screened on TV and has a potential audience in the millions does more damage than a music DVD featuring ' the real Elvis' thats sold to a few thousand Elvis fans.

Give the real fans the real Elvis. :P

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:04 pm

I voted 'no'.

But I already explained elsewhere, I wouldn't object to a limited 'fans only' type of release.

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:11 pm

I'd go for the impossible of an FTD / "fans only" release but then with small numbers who is really willing to stump up an approx $150 price tag to pay for it ?

there is a way, as mentioned in multiple previous threads, by forward ordering the release by FTD and when they have sufficient paid for advance orders for it then they should distribute it out.

If this was put in place 5 years ago all those who wanted it and backed up that want with hard cash would have recieved it by now.

Then again, Lisa owns it and I understadn her not wanting her to release a subtitled DVD called "Here is my dad dying".

give me All the EOT stuff, all the TTWII stuff and def gimme all the footage from the 1969 engagement looooooong before EIC.

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:54 pm

I don't know how to answer that,I guess a yes AND no,I would vote no on the actual special from 1977 (because it was badly edited and doesn't have all the good songs) but I would vote yes on the two complete concerts unedited on a two discs set with all the fan crap as bonus footage,and the footage of elvis stepping off the plane as bonus footage..

Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:08 pm

Funny that every two weeks someone is asking for the CBS special. Get an import ... :wink:

Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:04 am

I will always say it till my dead...Elvis In Concert 1977 must be on DVD 5.1 sound because we love him...!! Last time Elvis was in front of the TV camara's...I just love it !

Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:17 am

Thomas wrote:Funny that every two weeks someone is asking for the CBS special. Get an import ... :wink:

Yeah an import in less than perfect quality with a few of the major songs missing like 'My Way' or the end of 'Can't Help Falling In Love'. (I am referring to the so-called complete shows out there).

If some fans are satisfied with this why don't they get the rest of the Elvis DVD catalogue in this format and bin the originals or is it just 'Elvis in Concert' that should be released like this?

Andy

Lisa

Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:58 am

::: Then again, Lisa owns it and I understadn her not wanting her to release a subtitled DVD called "Here is my dad dying".

- I do not think that Lisa even bother... she and her mother are more interested in all this Hubbards s..t. And in money. And in more hopeless attempts to be a "singer".

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:31 am

nope.

Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:06 am

No. Luckily this is the outcome that is realised and will remain to be. We can all breath a sigh of relief.