MDQ and the SUN box.

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

DJC wrote:
It's my hope the 1953 Memphis and 1955 Lubbock acetates will also be included, but it's unclear if this will be the case.
So these things exist? Let's hope the person who has them will pony up and agree on something reasonable. As Joe Russo argues in his article in is column section on this forum, time's awasting for many fans...:

from his article: '' I Bet You Won't Forget Me When I Go ''

I stress " the fans " because, as Elvis admitted many, many times." without my fans, I wouldn't be where I am ". So it is important to realize that we, the fans, are actually in control of EPE's destiny. As anyone knows, the worth of any commodity is determined by it's demand in the marketplace.The most intense and loyal members of the Elvis fanbase are arguably the ones that have a personal attachment to his memory, i.e, the fans who " grew up " with Elvis, saw his movies, went to his concerts, bought his records, joined fan clubs, etc. during his lifetime. Are we not the primary supporters of Elvis product? This is not to suggest that fans who discovered Elvis post-1977 cannot be as diehard and dedicated, but you know what I mean.

Will the upcoming youth generation be as interested, influenced or fascinated with Elvis as we have been, or will his relevance eventually fade away? Will the internet-savvy kids of today playing videogames, programming ipods and being weaned on hip-hop culture become the future Ernst Jorgensen's of the world? I doubt it!

Realisticly, as the " original " fans pass on, the passion level for " all things Elvis " will most likely diminish to a fraction of what it has been in the past. I personally have seen a noticeable drop -off since, say 1992.

The harsh reality of demographics dictates that this " original " legion of fans are basicly between 40 and 60 years of age or older. You know what that means...that we are slowly becoming an extinct species. So my theory is, whatever Elvis material is " in the vaults " should all be released within the next 5-15 years if it is to reach it's maximum audience. Let's face it, there will ALWAYS be Elvis fans, but what KIND of Elvis fan?

Of course, with technology advancing in leaps and bounds, who knows what amazing reincarnations of Elvis can manifest themselves in the future. Could anyone have predicted in 1973 that the " Aloha " concert would serve as the video genesis for the " virtually live " ELVIS THE CONCERT shows?

" Before Elvis,there was nothing "- John Lennon

" AFTER Elvis ,there was nothing! " -Steve Barile

Many times I have heard fans lament " I hope ( this or that Elvis performance ) is released before I die ". How true. As fellow " Elvis Squad " writer Steve Barile passionatly conveyed in a recent " Barile's Alternate Take " column titled " Greed, Lies and Videotape ", stating basicly, " you can't take it with you,folks ". Some good advice might be to share and enjoy what Elvis material you have with fellow EP collectors while we are still around to care!

Precisely why I am such an advocate of the FTD/Follow That Dream collector's label.....

The rest of his column (and others) can be found here on FECC, in case you missed them... :D

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

KingOfTheJungle
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by KingOfTheJungle »

DJC wrote:
Quote:
It's my hope the 1953 Memphis and 1955 Lubbock acetates will also be included, but it's unclear if this will be the case.

So these things exist? Let's hope the person who has them will pony up and agree on something reasonable.
I believe Dr John was just referring to My Happiness and the Fool Fool Fool acetate here.

King Of The Jungle

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 19 years

Post by ritchie valens »

the mdq is gonna be on the bmg label. ernst says it is. not on ftd.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

ritchie valens wrote:the mdq is gonna be on the bmg label. ernst says it is. not on ftd.
Amazing. Are you really David Blaine?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

ritchie valens
Registered for: 19 years

Post by ritchie valens »

listen to the recording. he says it is cause after it he says that's it for bmg label for now. then starts talking bout the ftd label. can't you guys hear?

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by ekenee »

ritchie valens wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

listen to the recording you idiot!! he says it is cause after it he says it is that's it for sure and for the bmg label, for now you know. then starts talking bout the retarded ftd label. can't you guys and dolls hear with your two ears, and sniff with your noses, and see with your optic nerves?
Do I have to do all the work myself?

I haven't heard the recording yet but I am pretty sure its coming out on the madison label. I will double check with my sources.