G.I.Blues is

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:37 pm

... A thing I do remember, strangely enough, some 45 years later,

is going, with friends, to a sunday matinee, at our local cinema, to

watch a Martin and Lewis movie. I remember this, because at the

end, after the credits, in Dutch text, on the screen, it said: "coming

to your cinema soon, Elvis Presley in his first movie, since leaving

the army: G.I.Blues! "

Was the promo clip shown as well, that afternoon? I dont remember...?

Could be.

I already knew about the title. My brother and I had lots of magazine

clippings from G.I.Blues in our scrapbooks, at that time.

But, back in 61, there were still millions of things to discover about

Elvis. We had 2 albums, bought 2nd hand, and a dozen singles and

eps... Great, great times!

Right, Luuk?!

G.I

Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:56 pm

On the dvd with this book, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 2 US trailers as they both look identical to me, apart from one of the has the beginning missing?!

Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:58 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D :D :D :D.

Just received, Wow!!, what a fantastic set. Beautiful design 8) 8). The book is very informative and loaded with colour and black and white pictures. The record contains very interesting promo spots. There is also an interesting dvd, shame the didn´t include the alternate scene for Tonight Is All Right For Love :cry: :cry:, but the best of this is the promo for G.I.Blues. The video quality for this is fantastic!! and you´ll see Elvis promoting his own movie. And to end this set you´ll find 4 colour postcard size pictures that are not included in the book. There are many more surprises but I don´t want to reveal everything. This is a must!!, buy it now. Thanks to Elvisunlimited for such a fantastic release and Chris Giles for your outstanding service, second to none. I can´t wait for Inside Roustabout to be released at the end of 2006. Bye for now :wink: :wink: :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

G I Hope You Like Our Latest Book

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 am

First of all I want to thank everyone for all the nice words on our new boxset. But also it would not have been our biggest succes ever if not for all the help we got from friends around the world, plus Megans and co's hard work. Again I promise we'll do our best to keep improving our next book. For Ger to praise our book means a lot to us, as we know he has a very big standard himself, so we are very happy.

Again thank you for buying our book and making it our biggest succes ever!

Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:29 pm

No probs Mike Windgren, as always we're happy to help.

I'm not surprised at all at it's success Henrik, good material will always sell itself & this certainly is very good......

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:19 pm

The one I would LOVE to see, is "Inside Flaming Star", especially if it had lots of critical reviews of Elvis' acting by his co-stars, or others within the film industry.

Steve Morse

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:24 am

GI Blues book/box is great, got my copy yesterday. Worth your money! :D

Again, FTD is beaten when it comes down to design and presentation... :shock:

A release that comes close, or as close, to the great books of Ger Rijff. 8)

Looking forward to the 'Roustabout' book, said to come this year, hopefully in the same fashion. :D

I wonder what Ger will come up with for his 'Inside Love Me Tender' book :wink:

Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:06 am

Thanks again for all the nice words and comments. Today I recieved some great stuff for Inside Roustabout from Ger Rijff. So I can promise that we'll do our best to deliver same standard as Inside GI Blues.

Thanks again you are all way to kind.

Henrik

G.I.Blues book is hot

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:35 am

... Finding rarities from Roustabout in my collection wasnt easy.

My main interest collecting photos was the 50s, with G.I.Blues

thrown in for sentimental reasons. Knuds, any idea when the

Roustabout book will see its release? I dont exspect this year...?

Will it have extras? Dvd, vinyl/ cd ???

Ofcourse I could have asked you these questions over the phone...

but a plug for your new project wont hurt, right?

I mean... all the feedback Joe is getting on the newspage lately,

makes you wonder if the guy[s] who run this site are commercially

involved with Jat Productions... ?

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:52 am

Henrik Knudsen wrote:Thanks again for all the nice words and comments. Today I recieved some great stuff for Inside Roustabout from Ger Rijff. So I can promise that we'll do our best to deliver same standard as Inside GI Blues.

Thanks again you are all way to kind.

Henrik

The Elvis world seems to be a strange world sometimes. I often wonder why there's not more enthusiasm from the fans regarding events like the issue of this book (or Ger's books in the past as another example).
Inside GI Blues is a must have ! All that memorabilia, often in color, and the many unseen photos, what a delight ! Congratulations and thanks to you !
And above all, a sort of icing on the cake, there is a fantastic Elvis in the studio section !
This leads me to ask a question to Henrik or Ger: don't you think Elvis is seen running through the songs ( with the help of the Jords) just before the arrival of the musicians and starting the recordings ?
I'm very glad to hear that there' ll be soon another book like this one about Roustabout .
Another dream come true for me would be a book about Flaming Star, with a section about the shots taken for the cover of the Little sister/His latest flame single. What do you think of that ? Let me follow that dream please...

G.I.Blues book

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:43 pm

... Good comments, Frenchie!

Yes, I do agree, the session photos were done before the actual

recordings. Although the clicking of the camera might not have

been heard during the noise produced while recording the songs,

for sure it would have interfered with the concentration of Elvis

and musicians/ Jords. ... Yes, a book on Flaming Star would be

nice. From the publicity shot, used on Little Sister 45rpm sleeve,

I have like 5 more. But they are all from the same camera angle.

... And I have some, used for the FS extended play. Nothing

eye shattering though... One would need a mini truckload of

photographs to fill a book. Just count the number of pix printed

in Inside G.I.Blues, Jailhouse Rock or King Creole!

So maybe Henrik, and his hardworking crew, will sooner or later

find the FS material that is needed? I wouldnt be surprised at all!

... By the way, a Belgium fanclub is preparing Inside Double

Trouble... remember seeing all these great shots of Elvis

arriving at Brussel Airport?! No? Neither do I. But it still can be

a fun book, even though the movie was first class trash...

... "with a moo- moo here, and a moo - moo there..." :shock:

Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:25 pm

Just out of curiousity, will there ever be an INSIDE HARUM SCARUM book? I'm sure there are some nice Photo Shoot of Elvis wearing that Valentino Turban in all its glory.

I think quite a number of people here are members of the Harum Scum Appreciation Society. Let's make Gregory Nolan and Colin B's dream come true.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:46 pm

Hi there!! :) :) :).

FrenchGuy wrote:

I often wonder why there's not more enthusiasm from the fans regarding events like the issue of this book (or Ger's books in the past as another example) :cry: :cry: :cry:.

I fully support this statement!!. "Thank you ElvisUnlimited" for making a dream come true, beautiful set. Inside Fun In Acapulco, please!! 8) 8) 8), I have seen fantastic material generated for the promotion of this movie on ebay for sale. By the way if you need Spanish translation for this movie, here I am :wink: :wink: :wink:. Bye for now. :D :D :D.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:36 am

CD King, you're joking, I presume. I think it was Jerry Nodak and another FECCer who joined the Scarum club. But maybe I put it a good word in for parts of that bomb, too! :lol:

Henrik, I'm at this point somewhat of a long time (second generation?) fan who never got too deep into the photo books until recently, when I finally started collected Ger's books, along with those of Tunzi, probably spurred in part by FTD's book ventures.

So there's hope yet that there wll be more converts. I'm quite certain there are others here who consider themselves more of Elvis "music" and "movie" fans, who will read biographies and such but who forgot that this sort of book might appeal to them. I look forward to snaring a copy.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:43 pm

I've just received it
In one word : BEAUTIFUL
This kind of project really deserves the support of all the elvis fans
Congratulations to the elvis unlimited team !

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:46 am

Well, if anyone knows how, please let me know how I can snare a copy.

I was just a few days too slow with the recent "Charo" and "Blue Hawaii" projects from Tunzi and now they're sold out...I wish they'd make just a few more so that all most hard-core fans can get them, rather than just going the "limited-run" route... :?

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:37 am

Greg -

Have you tried the Elvis shop in London, it looks like they have both the Tunzi books and the GI book in stock.

http://www.theelvisshop.net/cat2.cfm?recordID=4399

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:47 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Well, if anyone knows how, please let me know how I can snare a copy.

I was just a few days too slow with the recent "Charo" and "Blue Hawaii" projects from Tunzi and now they're sold out...I wish they'd make just a few more so that all most hard-core fans can get them, rather than just going the "limited-run" route... :?

Thanks Gary...

We've still got some in stock Greg, I can put a copy of each aside for you til your ready if you like?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:21 am

Chris, that would be great. :wink:

Now I know why these things "sell out" so fast... :!:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:12 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Chris, that would be great. :wink:

Now I know why these things "sell out" so fast... :!:

:lol:
They do sell out one day, but you've got to have the foresight to hopefully be selling in ten years time. It's no good catering for the first five guys in line, then running out.... :wink:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:47 pm

elvis67 wrote:I've just received it
In one word : BEAUTIFUL
This kind of project really deserves the support of all the elvis fans
Congratulations to the elvis unlimited team !

You are so right - this set is sh#t hot!!!