All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

elvis on tour dvd -2007 release

Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:44 pm

I hope that we will not have to wait too long in 2007 - when this title comes out

-its well over due now and many die hard fans -like me will certainly get this title .-

-we have had in our collection the following titles so far .
1. ttwii- new edition .-
2. 68 come back - 3 dvd set .-
3. aloha from hawaii- 2 dvd set .
-
so i feel as a fan - that we should get this dvd title not as a 2 dvd set but a 4 -6 dvd set . we have heard that Turners or MGM have a lot of reels for this movie and all the concert footage .

There should be a great campain to promote this movie as well - i feel- ...

So come on ..... GET THIS MOVIE OUT ON DVD WITH MOST OF SEEN FOOTAGE , FROM REHEARSALS , CONCERTS ETC ......IN EARLY 2007 - ( FOR THE KINGS BIRTHDAY. ANNIVERSARY - JAN - 8TH 2007 ) WHAT DYA SAY GUYS .....

I SERIOUSLY WILL PURCHASE IT - CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS RELEASE NOW .-

Re: elvis on tour dvd -2007 release

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:24 pm

karlos wrote:- [/b] [b]so i feel as a fan - that we should get this dvd title not as a 2 dvd set but a 4 -6 dvd set.

No chance! At least, not on an official release! :wink:

EOT SE

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:37 pm

FlamingStar wrote:I don't hope that we get the original movie, but a special edition like they did with TTWII.

A total remastering of the footage and changes of the scenes would be fine. Why is I Got A woman at the end of the movie instead after See See rider? lol.

The other disc should be a disc with the best available outtakes, or maybe a complete concert. (That's better) :wink:

Didn't this film get a Golden Globe for Best Documentary? I doubt that they'd tamper with it like TTWII. More likely we'll get the original movie cleaned up a bit and, if we're lucky, a second disc of "lost performances." They're not going to spend anything like the kind of money they threw at TTWII. Then again, I could be wrong...this is pure guesswork, after all! :wink:

Send emails??

Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:40 pm

Yeah a 4-6 DVD would be better--any amount as long as they empty out their collection of outtakes and put them on DVD.
Last edited by Justin on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:47 pm

Thomas wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:I made that mistake with TTWII SE.

What's the problem with TTWWII SE? It's a very cool DVD, isn't it?
And by the way, I think it is a bit over the top to call BMG employees "idiots" here.

Let's see Thomas.........put out an SE edition of TTWII, and cut out some of the best performances rather than keep the jewels and add some MORE.

Idiotic.

Promise the SE will contain much more than it actaully did, then try to lie aout it afterwards.

Idiotic.

Prior to releasing the SE, after spending a great deal of money that must be re-couped to make it profitable, show the damn thing on TV for free, thereby shrinking the market for said product dramatically.

Idiotic.

When the SE is finally released, edit the finished product so the DVD actually contains LESS footage than what was shown on TV already for free.

Idiotic.

When called on the carpet for lying to the buying public about what the SE would contain, and expecting said public to shell out cash for less than what the public could have taped off TV for free, claim that those in charge were misunderstood and never promised more than was delivered.

Then, send out SE DVDs with cases listing performances which are NOT on the DVD, proving that they did indeed truncate the discs.

Idiotic.

Finally, after giving us less than was promised,after spending less on advertising than Elvis spent on tuna fish, after leaving several stellar performances on the cutting room floor, after showing a version for free on TV that contains more than the DVD we are expected to pony up cash for............bitch and complain about the poor sales.

Idiotic.

Any questions??

Two Dream Projects.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:03 pm

I agree the original movie Elvis on Tour was a great film, unlike TTWII it didn't have too many cringe-worthy moments. I think it should be remastered and put out as originally intended.

The outtakes from TTWII and On Tour should be worked into a brand new vehicle say Elvis The Concert Years or For the Good Times or Live Spirits (sorry Star :lol: ) this could be upto 4 DVD's given that the concept of the 68 worked. I think this would get around the problem of Elvis' image in 1972 - all the promotional clips and promo's could be deemed from the 1970 material and the DVD's could bounce around performances on and off stage between 1970 & 1972 - let's face it apart from die-hard fans like us the general public couldn't give a sh*t what year it is from as long as it flows well and delivers!

I also think we could make a new 1 hour tv special out of this set, promoting the DVD's and giving us a new TV special which guarantees us more 'VH-1 type' music channels exposure. Its all about visuals these days!

Wow just think a new TV special after all these years :shock:

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:36 pm

What's the problem with TTWWII SE? It's a very cool DVD, isn't it?
And by the way, I think it is a bit over the top to call BMG employees "idiots" here.

TTWII SE has some quality moments. It is much more enjoyable documentary than the original. Not having to see those freaks with the cat any longer is worth the price of admission alone. Of course, the few major ommissions (such as I Just Can't Help Believin') are baffling. And of course, the last minute decision to delete the extra footage which was aired on TMC prior to the official release is almost a crime. Ultimately, TTWII SE was a big f**k up.

The BMG employees that have been overseeing the Elvis Presley catalogue for the most part are idiots. It isn't over the top to say that. And with Ernst Jorgensen, you are given a mixed bag. He is a fan and releases archival material with the best of intentions; that is something all Elvis fans should be thankful for. But he condones a horrific release strategy and philosophy by the label, is not a skilled producer, and lacks cohesive creative vision.

EOT will ultimately come out. It will not satisfy all the hardcore fans' desires. It is hard to imagine it will be over two discs. It is fascinating footage, so hopefully the producers are compitent and do the footage justice.

Re: EOT SE

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:59 pm

heathbarclay wrote:
FlamingStar wrote:I don't hope that we get the original movie, but a special edition like they did with TTWII.

A total remastering of the footage and changes of the scenes would be fine. Why is I Got A woman at the end of the movie instead after See See rider? lol.

The other disc should be a disc with the best available outtakes, or maybe a complete concert. (That's better) :wink:

Didn't this film get a Golden Globe for Best Documentary? I doubt that they'd tamper with it like TTWII. More likely we'll get the original movie cleaned up a bit and, if we're lucky, a second disc of "lost performances." They're not going to spend anything like the kind of money they threw at TTWII. Then again, I could be wrong...this is pure guesswork, after all! :wink:

Don't get me wrong. I don't say that EOT isn't a good movie! the song selection is awesome, but i don't like the mixing of the different scenes.
For me, it's quite bad that I Got A Woman/Amen is at the end of the movie!

And the 50's stuff in EOT is just idiotic. I guess it was added to the movie to see the difference beetwen the 50's and 1972, but not in this movie!
I would either have more stuff from EOT than 50's stuff.

So the movie isn't perfect even it got a golden globe price :wink:

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:46 pm

Just to clarify...........I appreciate the folks at BMG. They are a Godsend. Ernst has done more to redeem Elvis' legacy than nearly anyone in the world, and I love him for it.

My criticisms are restricted to the fiasco which was TTWII SE. It still.........all these years later...... infuriates me.

Let's hope they have listened and learned.........it certainly seems so with the outstanding work on '68 and Aloha. Let's hope there isn't a regression when it comes to EOT.

A 2 disc release just isn't going to cut it. A 2 disc release geared to the general public followed by (or concurrent with) an extended version running to 4 or more discs would be ideal.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:35 pm

TTWII SE is to me an unbeliveble movie!

Why is Bridge over troubled water, I've Lost you, Sweet caroline, How The Web Was Woven and Stranger in the crowd and Mary In The Morning replaced by other songs!!??

It makes me sick!

Do EPE really love Elvis?

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:40 am

Scatter......you took the words right out of my mouth.

High five dude!!!

PS. I said similair charges several months ago and i was practically lynched.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:14 am

ekenee wrote:Scatter......you took the words right out of my mouth.

High five dude!!!

PS. I said similair charges several months ago and i was practically lynched.

Thanks E..........the key to avoiding the lynch mob is being too cute to attack.

Who could hate a little monkey??? :wink:

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:08 pm

TTWII SE is to me an unbeliveble movie!

Why is Bridge over troubled water, I've Lost you, Sweet caroline, How The Web Was Woven and Stranger in the crowd and Mary In The Morning replaced by other songs!!??

It makes me sick!

Do EPE really love Elvis?

Just another example of the people who oversee the Elvis recording/performing legacy trying to frame & shape the perception of Elvis The Performer for the public. For EPE and BMG, showcasing ballads and 70's adult contemporary material is not how they want to promote Elvis. They are much more content with Elvis blowing through Don't Be Cruel and Hound Dog with little focus than showcasing his challenging vocal performances.

Still, the remake was a better film. Some great music was left out, but the overall film is of much higher quality.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:07 pm

Yeah, i see your point.

But, i can't understand how people can like "Don't Be Cruel", "Hound Dog", "Love Me Tender" , "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Heartbreak Hotel" better than all the fantastic vocal performances Elvis did at that time :lol:

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:12 pm

FlamingStar wrote:Yeah, i see your point.

But, i can't understand how people can like "Don't Be Cruel", "Hound Dog", "Love Me Tender" , "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Heartbreak Hotel" better than all the fantastic vocal performances Elvis did at that time :lol:

Because they grew up with the other songs, it reminded them of there youth. I went to a styx concert a few years ago and was disappointed when they didn't play some of their early hits, even though the concert itself was fine.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:09 pm

I can't accept that Elvis should be taken as a artist who sings Hound Dog, Blue Suede Shoes, Heartbreak Hotel and Love Me Tender. That's too bad!

The young people need to discover more.

No artists will ever get such a fantastic voice (Or Style) as Elvis had!