All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Elvis' last recorded song ever

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:59 pm

Hello,

I am wondering which Elvis song is the last one ever recorded...As for studio recordings, I suppose it would be "He'll have to go"...and then there is "Can't help falling in love" in Indianapolis... but, it there any recording of Elvis after june 26 1977? A rehearsal? Homerecording? Or is this it?

King regards from the Netherlands

Re: Elvis' last recorded song ever

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:23 pm

Jovan wrote:Or is this it?

That's it.

Chris

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:56 pm

On Elvis' 80th birthday, they'll release the "recently" discovered Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain/Unchained Melody medley, recorded on the morning of August 16, 1977. The performances come from a recording secretly made by Jo Smith.

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:59 pm

elvisjock wrote:On Elvis' 80th birthday, they'll release the "recently" discovered Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain/Unchained Melody medley, recorded on the morning of August 16, 1977. The performances come from a recording secretly made by Jo Smith.

Interesting! But we have to wait a long time lol :lol:

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:44 am

Elvis always loved "I'm Leavin'" ...

Yes

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:30 pm

yes I have heard that BMG is planning the single titled THE FIRST AND THE LAST... there will be certainly Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain/Unchained Melody from Aug. 16 but also Old Shep from Alabama State Fair, October 1945. Taped secretly from the audience of course.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:51 pm

Old Cheap from 1945.. I can't hardly wait!!

But, i'm just affraid of the sound quality. Don't expect too much :lol:

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:51 pm

Hasn't someone offered a tape on eBay of Elvis' first cry as he was born?

Sure

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:12 pm

And somebody offered also the ultrasonic monitoring before he was born. There is poor Jesse too.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:30 pm

Are they for sale now? Any link?

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:41 pm

On ebay you can find a tape of a home recording from January 1937 where Vernon and Gladys are singing because Elvis could not sleep. So they sang a version of Five Sleepy Heads.

The tape owner declared that we can hear Elvis first words. He was learning how to say papa and mama.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:12 pm

Heinrich Pressler, one of Elvis' German antecedents, built a piano in 1652 that recorded songs using wax rolls. Such a wax roll was brought to the US but melted in the Civil War. Fortunately, before the war broke out, Dunnan Presley Jr. pressed it on shellac, and so you can hear Heinrich play "Ich bring dich wieder heim, Kathlenchen" ("I'll take you home again, Kathleen") on the Karaoke CD "Get Down And Get With It".

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:28 pm

Kuenzer wrote:Heinrich Pressler, one of Elvis' German antecedents, built a piano in 1652 that recorded songs using wax rolls. Such a wax roll was brought to the US but melted in the Civil War. Fortunately, before the war broke out, Dunnan Presley Jr. pressed it on shellac, and so you can hear Heinrich play "Ich bring dich wieder heim, Kathlenchen" ("I'll take you home again, Kathleen") on the Karaoke CD "Get Down And Get With It".

Thanks Kuenzer, I always wondered who was playing piano on that track :lol:

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:34 pm

I am working night and day to afford all of the wonderful releases detailed above. Erm... none of you would be cruel enough to be joking now would you? :lol:

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:36 pm

bray1977 wrote:I am working night and day to afford all of the wonderful releases detailed above. Erm... none of you would be cruel enough to be joking now would you? :lol:

Who us?? :smt059

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:28 pm

Soon there will be a bootleg with the noice on it were we can hear Elvis shitting on his toilet for the very last time... :lol:

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:31 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:Soon there will be a bootleg with the noice on it were we can hear Elvis shitting on his toilet for the very last time... :lol:

Nice, you're full of class.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:53 pm

Just a joke, m8 :lol:

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:03 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:Soon there will be a bootleg with the noice on it were we can hear Elvis shitting on his toilet for the very last time... :lol:

I hear the bonus track will be a recording of Ginger taking a shower the same day. Another bonus will be ultra rare recording of Lamar humming the the Jaws theme song.
Last edited by Marko on Tue May 13, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:10 pm

I hear they managed to record Colonel Parker's heartbeat. It's the sound of coins jingling.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:58 am

Ernst could compile all these rarities and make the biggest FTD sales ever!

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:36 am

These are all classic songs which deserve to be heard, but you're all forgetting about the famous duet Elvis sang with Lamar Fike during rehearsals for Hee Haw in Early August 1977 titled Praise The Lord and Pass The Bacon.

re

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:55 pm

the very last song EP ever recorded was french ( can t help falling in love aka plaisir d amour ) - but sometimes i wonder if EP ever knew that :?

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:01 pm

Remember this bootleg album from 1980? The most distasteful Elvis cover ever - mind you some of the official RCA efforts haven't been that great.

I've never heard the album myself, didn't want to purchase it for my collection, for obvious reasons - but I wonder how many Elvis fans actually bought it? Some of the tracks aren't really that bad at all. No idea why US Male, Can't Help Falling In Love or Are You Lonesome Tonight are on there. Perhaps it was the laughing version?

Here is the track listing:

1 Old Mc Donald
2 Ito Eats
3 There's No Room To Rhumba In A Sports Car
4 Confidence
5 Yoga Is As Yoga Does
6 Song Of The Shrimp
7 U.S.Male
8 Ford Lauderdale Chamber Of Commerce
9 Signs Of The Zodiac
10 The Bullfighter Was A Lady
11 Wolf Call
12 Can't Help Falling In Love
13 He's Your Uncle Not Your Dad
14 Scratch My Back
15 The Walls Have Ears
16 Poison Ivy League
17 Beach Boy Blues
18 Dominic
19 Queenie Wahine's Papaya
20 Clambake
21 Datin'
22 Are You Lonesome Tonight?

Notice the Nipper logo? Released by dog vomit records!

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:25 pm

I would never bought that album!

US Male, Are You lonesome and Can't Help Faling In Love is all great songs, so i can't understand why they are there.. :lol: