Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Torben

Post by Torben »

Spell-Ray

Thanks for the correction.

Will
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Will »

All this besause the guy wants two elvis tracks..........ohhhhhhhhh brother !!

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Will wrote:All this besause the guy wants two elvis tracks..........ohhhhhhhhh brother !!
"Do as I say not as I do!" .... :)

elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years

Post by elvissessions »

It will come as no surprise to anyone, i'm sure, that Will is wrong again.

ale was seeking two more ripoff tracks to replace two screwed-up ripoff tracks on his ripoff disc.

ChrisM
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by ChrisM »

Spellbinder wrote: Once again you are wrong. UK law is very complex. Until a case along the lines we are discussing is actually brought to court then it is not tested in law. One of the beauties of our legal system.
No, I am not wrong. I never said it had been tested in law. However, it is the law.

Perhaps you would like to consult the UK Government's own interpretation (link below) which clearly states "it is illegal to make copies of CDs and give them to your friends".

http://www.direct.gov.uk/YoungPeople/CrimeAndJustice/TypesOfCrime/TypesOfCrimeArticles/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=10027978&chk=voJx48

We have had this conversation before. Feel free to carry on by yourself.

Chris

Will

Post by Will »

ELVIS USED TO GIVE AWAY HOUSES AND CARS ETC........WONDER WHAT HE'D MAKE OF THIS sh*t.....................GROWN MEN BITCHING..........YOU THINK YOU GUYS HAD THE RECORD COMPANY............ I HAVE 8000 CDS IN THIS HOUSE...........7500 ARE THE REAL DEAL 500 ARE NOT....................SO WHAT...............I'VE GAVE THOSE PEOPLE A sh*t LOAD ON MONEY OVER THE YEARS AND ON MANY A TIME THEY HAVE RIPPED THE sh*t OUT OF PEOPLE LIKE ME AND YOU................ELVIS SESSIONS............IM SURE YOU HAVE ELVIS BOOTLEGS IN YOUR COLLECTION.........THEY MAY BE THE REAL BOOTLEG NOT CD-R.....DO YOU THINK ELVIS GETS ANYTHING FOR THOSE BUT THATS NOT A PROBLEM IN YOUR EYES IS IT ?........SO LETS STOP ALL THE sh*t HERE......................IF YOU GOT BOOTS...........CD-RS GOOD FOR YOU........A GOOD POINT WAS MADE EARLIER.................FTDS ARE COMIN OUT IN GREAT NUMBERS...............PEOPLE CANT KEEP UP WITH THE COST .....SO SHOULD THEY GO WITHOUT OR GET A COPY TILL THEY CAN AFFORD THE REAL DEAL..........I SAY GET... F..KING ...REAL.......TAKE THEM TILL YOU CAN BUY THEM...............I HAVE ALL THE FTDS......ALL BOUGHT CAUSE I WANT TO SUPPORT THE LABEL.............BUT IF I CANT GET IT BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF MONEY THEN I WILL TAKE THE COPY TILL I DO HAVE THE MONEY...............DOES THAT MAKE ME AN ELVIS THIEF NO IT MAKES ME A ELVIS FAN..............IM SORRY IF I WANT TO HEAR THIS STUFF BEFORE I CAN AFFORD IT BUT I CAN DEAL WITH IT.

I THINK PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF LOOKING AT IT............AND I CAN RESPECT OTHER PEOPLES VIEWS BUT DONT TRY TO IMPOSE THEM ON ME................ SHOULD IT ONLY BE PEOPLE WITH MONEY WHO SHOULD GET PLEASURE OUT OF ELVIS MUSIC .........IM READING HERE SHOOT THE F..CKERS.BLA BLA..............WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN WHERE ITS ALL ABOUT ME JACK F..K YOU..................LIKE KEITH I SHARE...ALL I NEED TO KNOW IS THAT PERSON LOVES ELVIS MUSIC..............IF THATS A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE ON THIS BOARD WELL............I DONT MEAN TO UPSET YOU ...........BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE.............................A GREAT SINGER ONCE SANE............................... WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES..................MAYBE IF SOME OF YOU GUYS COME ACROSS HARD TIMES IN YOUR LIFE..........................I HOPE TO GOD YOU DONT BUMP INTO HALF THE MISERABLE BAST..DS ON THIS POST FOR HELP

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Will wrote:ELVIS USED TO GIVE AWAY HOUSES AND CARS ETC........WONDER WHAT HE'D MAKE OF THIS sh*t.....................GROWN MEN BITCHING..........YOU THINK YOU GUYS HAD THE RECORD COMPANY............ I HAVE 8000 CDS IN THIS HOUSE...........7500 ARE THE REAL DEAL 500 ARE NOT....................SO WHAT...............I'VE GAVE THOSE PEOPLE A sh*t LOAD ON MONEY OVER THE YEARS AND ON MANY A TIME THEY HAVE RIPPED THE sh*t OUT OF PEOPLE LIKE ME AND YOU................ELVIS SESSIONS............IM SURE YOU HAVE ELVIS BOOTLEGS IN YOUR COLLECTION.........THEY MAY BE THE REAL BOOTLEG NOT CD-R.....DO YOU THINK ELVIS GETS ANYTHING FOR THOSE BUT THATS NOT A PROBLEM IN YOUR EYES IS IT ?........SO LETS STOP ALL THE sh*t HERE......................IF YOU GOT BOOTS...........CD-RS GOOD FOR YOU........A GOOD POINT WAS MADE EARLIER.................FTDS ARE COMIN OUT IN GREAT NUMBERS...............PEOPLE CANT KEEP UP WITH THE COST .....SO SHOULD THEY GO WITHOUT OR GET A COPY TILL THEY CAN AFFORD THE REAL DEAL..........I SAY GET... F..KING ...REAL.......TAKE THEM TILL YOU CAN BUY THEM...............I HAVE ALL THE FTDS......ALL BOUGHT CAUSE I WANT TO SUPPORT THE LABEL.............BUT IF I CANT GET IT BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF MONEY THEN I WILL TAKE THE COPY TILL I DO HAVE THE MONEY...............DOES THAT MAKE ME AN ELVIS THIEF NO IT MAKES ME A ELVIS FAN..............IM SORRY IF I WANT TO HEAR THIS STUFF BEFORE I CAN AFFORD IT BUT I CAN DEAL WITH IT.

I THINK PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF LOOKING AT IT............AND I CAN RESPECT OTHER PEOPLES VIEWS BUT DONT TRY TO IMPOSE THEM ON ME................ SHOULD IT ONLY BE PEOPLE WITH MONEY WHO SHOULD GET PLEASURE OUT OF ELVIS MUSIC .........IM READING HERE SHOOT THE F..CKERS.BLA BLA..............WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN WHERE ITS ALL ABOUT ME JACK F..K YOU..................LIKE KEITH I SHARE...ALL I NEED TO KNOW IS THAT PERSON LOVES ELVIS MUSIC..............IF THATS A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE ON THIS BOARD WELL............I DONT MEAN TO UPSET YOU ...........BUT MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE.............................A GREAT SINGER ONCE SANE............................... WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES..................MAYBE IF SOME OF YOU GUYS COME ACROSS HARD TIMES IN YOUR LIFE..........................I HOPE TO GOD YOU DONT BUMP INTO HALF THE MISERABLE BAST..DS ON THIS POST FOR HELP
Is there a point in there somewhere? It looks like one of those word search puzzles. Wait...I can see it on a diagonal...

Chris

elvissessions

Post by elvissessions »

Well, if ellipses, capital letters and craziness won an argument you'd be the grand champion.

Poor lil feller, this life of crime appears to be too much of a strain for you.

Will

Post by Will »

You a strain on me,now thats the best yet..........get real .lmao........I'll say something for you you have a great sense of humour

elvissessions

Post by elvissessions »

Thanks, I've always thought so. I wish I could say the same about you, but I do appreciate the compliment.

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this are, ale is one hell of an idiot for having the audacity to come on here and ask for copies of a Dodgy Dave special, although I wouldn't be seen dead with a cdr of an FTD, darlings.

You're going too far to call for him, Scott et al to be shot for their crimes, though. Perhaps a visit from the man with the cane would suffice.

The blokes who make these cdrs are just as bad.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Tits McGhee
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Tits McGhee »

Will wrote:All this besause the guy wants two elvis tracks..........ohhhhhhhhh brother !!
Well tell the cheap bum to BUY them. That's what I did. Why should he be any different?

Topic author
ale

Post by ale »

hey Londonflash (by the way what a loser nickname!!) :shock:
How easy is to call somebody an idiot when you know the guy is not in front of you....typical of a coward

Topic author
ale

Post by ale »

I still can't believe some people reactions.
It's a pity to see Elvis fans like these.
If they don't like cdr's burning....well....don't blame it on people
that burn copies to themselves.....if not on the cdr's factories....don't you
think??....if burning a cdr would be so bad then for sure the
companies that make them wouldn't exist.
Now BMG and Sony are the same company....and what Sony makes???.....cd burners and cdr's......what
BMG makes???....FTD'S. So in one way or another they are responsable for cdr's burning.
Companies like this may lose money in one way but
know how to make big incomes in another.
Now ask the ones that bought Clambake original with such failures.....how they feel??...is FTD going to replace all those cd's??....hope yes....but we'll see.

Axeman
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Axeman »

Will wrote:ELVIS USED TO GIVE AWAY HOUSES AND CARS

Yes but nobody tried to STEAL anything.

I SAY GET... F..KING ...REAL......
I THINK PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF LOOKING AT IT............AND I CAN RESPECT OTHER PEOPLES VIEWS BUT DONT TRY TO IMPOSE THEM ON ME
Is that how you respect others' views? Get F****ing real?
It's not about views, it's about the LAW...and integrity.
If you make a copy of a CD, it's pirating...and it's illegal. So is distribution of said copy. Period.
Your opinion to the opposite does not change the fact that it is illegal, and that you're a crook.
One can steal stock from a store, go back to pay for it "when you can afford to", but one is still a thief. Period.

Axe

Tits McGhee
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Tits McGhee »

ale wrote:I still can't believe some people reactions.
It's a pity to see Elvis fans like these.
If they don't like cdr's burning....well....don't blame it on people
that burn copies to themselves.....if not on the cdr's factories....don't you
think??....if burning a cdr would be so bad then for sure the
Now BMG and Sony are the same company....and what Sony makes???.....cd burners and cdr's......what
BMG makes???....FTD'S. So in one way or another they are responsable for cdr's burning.
Companies like this may lose money in one way but
know how to make big incomes in another.
Now ask the ones that bought Clambake original with such failures.....how they feel??...is FTD going to replace all those cd's??....hope yes....but we'll see.
Oh, that's all right then. Come on everybody, get copying!!!

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

This messageboard is either filled with an out of proportion population of saints, or an above average population of hypocrites.

Let's take a poll !

I don't praise Ale for what he is doing, but I am not about to crucify him either.

If ya'll wanna be boy scouts, help an old lady cross the road, and get off your high horses.

Spellbinder
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by Spellbinder »

ChrisM wrote:
Spellbinder wrote: Once again you are wrong. UK law is very complex. Until a case along the lines we are discussing is actually brought to court then it is not tested in law. One of the beauties of our legal system.
No, I am not wrong. I never said it had been tested in law. However, it is the law.

Perhaps you would like to consult the UK Government's own interpretation (link below) which clearly states "it is illegal to make copies of CDs and give them to your friends".

http://www.direct.gov.uk/YoungPeople/CrimeAndJustice/TypesOfCrime/TypesOfCrimeArticles/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=10027978&chk=voJx48

We have had this conversation before. Feel free to carry on by yourself.

Chris

Chris - I am referring to making your own personal back-up copies.

Unless something is expressly forbidden by legislation (and this is not) the Act of Parliament setting up the legislation is open to interpretation by the judiciary. They then ask themselves (in layman's terms) "is the prosecution's interpretation of the Act fair?" or "did Parliament really mean the Act to be interpreted in this way?". This is usually referred to as a "test case". Until such cases are heard by the courts it is impossible to say whether many actions which might be considered illegal under a Parliamentary Act are in fact illegal or not. Hence one of the reasons for the maxim "there is no such thing as an open-and-shut case in law".

Making your own personal back-up copies is an excellent example of this. And, as I've already indicated, IMO such a test case will never be heard. Why? Because those interested in preventing CD copies being made will not run the risk of losing the case. Losing would mean the legality of making personal back-up copies would then be enshrined and a series of similar test cases could lead to a general weakening of the original Act.

No - you can be certain that making personal back-up copies is not illegal in UK and never will be.

Incidentally the way the relationship between the judiciary and Parliament works in UK is designed to protect us all. That is why we whould be concerned about the move towards more and more offences being heard by magistrates, who are reluctant to interpret legislation in anyway other than a literal manner. Also "test cases" in magistrate courts have little influence in case law. The end result - Acts of Parliament end up being more dictatorial than they need be (or in fact than they were ever intended to be).

May God protect the current (unwritten) constitution. And may the Devil take the current Government.

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

ale wrote:if burning a cdr would be so bad then for sure the
Using this same logic, because guns exist, it is OK to shoot you in the head.

Chris

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

:? :?

Man, I just relax about this. We can elaborate 1000 post saying bad words and offending Ale and other who do copies of FTD but.....is that going to change?? No!

So relax! FTD is releasing CD since 1999 and if they had sales problems because people download or buy CDR we would not have FTD today.

And I bet we have more people downloading FTD from all over the world than people really supporting original FTD´s. So that is why I don´t get nervous or angry about this.

This will NOT change and will NEVER change. Let´s face reality and learn how to live with it. :)

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Yeah, Renan is right. Ain't nothing anybody can do about this little problem anyway.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

I'd be more than happy to call you an idiot if you were sitting in front of me, ale.

Add to that thief, pathetic cheapo, tramp, waster etc.

Glad you don't like my user name, but it's better than "ale". What are you, an alcoholic? Or can't you afford any booze as well.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Topic author
ale

Post by ale »

ok, you win....coward

Post by Guest »

ale
You opened this thread not to talk about the Clambake tracks but to ponce.

Ponce
Noun.
1. A contemptible person.
2. An effeminate male. Derog.
3. An ostentatious male. Derog.
Verb.
To beg or freeload

Trade Section? See you there.

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

ChrisG- the younger wrote:ale