Clambake: tracks 24 & 25

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

The Follow That Dream (FTD) label represents an unprecedented opening up of Elvis Presley's live and studio archives. Since 1999 we have been offered scores of CDs, housing material fans didn't dare dream of owning as recently as 15 years ago.

This topic is NOT about CD-R copying in general, it is about the FTD label. It's a non-retail effort, geared to the desires of the long-time, hardcore fan. Ernst and Roger bust their tails to keep it going. Blatant complaints about faulty CD-Rs from said material threatens the viability of the label's future, which is inexcusible.

Personally, my specific refusal to copy FTD product for a friend led to the end of our relationship. That's how much I care about what Ernst and Roger are doing.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Rusty Martin*
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Sorry Doc....this was not about copying FTD`s, it was about hearing a couple of tracks that were put out as crap, nothing more, but certain people jumped on the bandwaggon that was not there, and spewed thier venom on anyone online, who dared to ask a question....in your words.. read and learn xx :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Rusty Martin* wrote:Sorry Doc....this was not about copying FTD`s [ sic ]...
Really? I don't think so.

Stick to "Chat-Talk" -- this is yet another subject obviously a little over your head.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvissessions »

The Doc has it right.

The issue wasn't just two replacement tracks. This idiot pirated the entire disc and then was casting about for more mp3s.

Read it again:
I wonder if someone ... can help me with mp3 of them via email?? ... Mine is a cdr buddy

Ton Bruins
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by Ton Bruins »

[quote="Scatter"]edit........cut it....x rate it...Elvis in rapid city june 21,1977 :P

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Scatter »

Ton Bruins wrote:
Scatter wrote:edit........cut it....x rate it...Elvis in rapid city june 21,1977 :P
The original was as close to "X" rated as I've ever gotten on this MB. On that count you are right. That's why I edited it.

All this BS justifying the undercutting of the FTD market for such abjectly stupid reasons as "Well, I can't afford it, and I want it, so it's OK to undermine the label" crap has me absolutely furious.

I haven't been ab le to buy an FTD in AGES............2 jobs to pay off a pile of medical bills for my daughter has priority. My notable absence on the FTD threads isn't because I don't care, or don't want them. I simply can't get them right now, therefore I haven't heard them, therefore I have nothing to say.

Am I asking for pity??? Hell no..........I'll catch up once my responsibilities are met.

Do I want to own them?? Hell YES..........

Will I undercut the label by acquiring CDRs just because I want to hear them??? Will I disrespect the posters here and our hobby so my own selfish wants can be satisfied?? Will I set at naught the hard work of so many to bring us things we only dreamed of just a few years ago, simply because I feel some false sense of entitlement??

Again........hell no.

I also deleted this post earlier because I didn't want to be perceived as "holier than thou" as has been bandied about here. It's not about that.But dammit, if so many of us have to go without for a period of time, what entitles others ???

The abject greed and endless whining of the "entitled" few is truly sad........

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Scatter,

You speak much sense. It is nothing to do with holier than thou is it.

These MFs make my blood boil - I just can't help being mad about it. Make Cdrs of bootlegs if you must, but don't mess with the FTD heritage - it's just too important.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

You tell 'em, Scatter!!

Post by Guest »

JLGB wrote:Ale has got a bad wrap. Whats all this double moral crap?! How about bootlegs?! Torben makes sense. Anyway I sent someone more than a dozen..(and that person did not even ask).............Besides do you people think xy has never sent any copies of anything to anyone???????????????????????????????????????????????????RIGGGHHTTT :roll: :lol:
You could have acknowledged Scott when he thanked you.

Topic author
ale
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by ale »

elvissessions......another coward that insults somebody that's not in front of him :wink:

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

ChrisG- the younger wrote:
JLGB wrote:Ale has got a bad wrap. Whats all this double moral crap?! How about bootlegs?! Torben makes sense. Anyway I sent someone more than a dozen..(and that person did not even ask).............Besides do you people think xy has never sent any copies of anything to anyone???????????????????????????????????????????????????RIGGGHHTTT :roll: :lol:
You could have acknowledged Scott when he thanked you.
Don't even know Scott via PM. The person I sent those is in a better place... I just don't agree with all this purity crap from little devils!!! :lol: I bet every single record label executive (excluding no one) would have a hard time on the stand about this copying thing. Be it cassettes in the 90s (100 minutes MX LOL!!) or CDRs...Do I consider them criminals? Nope! Just like don't consider you a criminal if in the privacy of your own home you engage in sex at an hour against the law in a certain town... of one of the 50 States! LOOOOOOOOOL!!!

WildStyle
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by WildStyle »

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

You should take it out cause you are giving free ads...IMO.

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Despicable :smt073

Scatter

Post by Scatter »

Here's the statement I sent this moron........

Just so you are aware.........what you are selling is illegal and detrimental to the label that keeps Presley rarities flowing into the market.

Therefore I have copied the link to your item and website and forwarded them to BMG's legal representatives.

I suggest you desist or face the legal ramifications of your thievery. It's assclowns such as yourself who jeopardize the release of this great music for the rest of us.

I hope you get sued into oblivion. Ebay has been notified as well.

My email to eBay's fraud division........

ELVIS PRESLEY THE FTD COLLECTION (160016085934)

The above listing is an illegal copy of copyrighted material. The legal representatives of BMG International have been notified, and eBay may well be held legally accountable if this auction is allowed to continue.
That would be unfortunate, since eBay cannot police the millions of items listed therein. It is therefore hoped that this auction will be discontinued and the seller be held accountable.

My email to BMG International........

To Whom It May Concern,

The above listed auction of illegally pirated BMG material is currently ongoing at eBay.com.

I have notified both eBay and the seller of the illegality of this auction.

It may be in the best interests of both BMG and the Elvis Presley fans who support the FTD label for you to intervene.

Respectfully,

A Fan

Ton Bruins
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by Ton Bruins »

Well said, Scatter. That SOB must be punished !

Scatter

Post by Scatter »

I hesitate to put this link here because half of the MB will be ordering from this creep before the sun sets, but he has a website that has pirated virtually everything Elvis ever put to tape, including boots.

http://www.presleyville.com/

My follow-up email to BMG........

The earlier notice I sent of the illegal eBay auction failed to include the link to this idiot's website.
http://www.presleyville.com/

As you can see, virtually everything Presley ever put to tape has been pirated here.

I look forward to your prompt attention in this matter.

A Fan

elvis67
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by elvis67 »

I notified this to ebay one month ago . They did nothing . DVD sold for 50 $

elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvissessions »

1. ale: I'm not insulting you, unless you consider accurately telling the truth about you an insult. As far as doing it when you're not around, well, I live at 1900 Elm Street in downtown Dallas. Right now, I'm at the Baymont Inn in Memphis for Elvis Week. If you come close to those places, let me know and we'll meet face-to-face so I can repeat myself. Post your home address here as I have, and if I pass your way, I'll check in with you.

2. It's a shame Web sites that offer easy outlets for bootlegs have to pollute their offerings with pirated material, no doubt about it. Some will disagree with me, I'm sure, but as I've posted in recent threads. I've just laid out close to $2,000 for a big stack of Elvis soundboards, and I've ended up with a big stack of copies of copies of copies. So vendors that offer a cheap alternative to that frankly dishonest practice actually could be commended. I'd rather buy from someone who accurately advertises his wares as copies than the many people I DID buy from trying to pass their discs off as silver originals. But PIRATING (not to be confused with BOOTLEGGING) is absolutely unacceptable, Scatter, you're right, and needs to be punished -- with hanging, if necessary.

3) And, Scatter, you really do hit it on the nose. I consider myself very fortunate now, but for two long years about 15 years ago, I was put in a situation in which I literally had to pick days of the week I didn't eat. That is not an exaggeration. I was fortunate that I had a roof over my head, but I was skipping not just meals but days full of meals.

But it never even occurred to me -- never even CROSSED MY MIND -- that I was going to steal something simply because I couldn't afford it.

If it had crossed my mind, I sincerely hope it wouldn't have been to steal something irrelevant to my pressing needs at the time. People without money who steal a loaf of bread to survive may deserve a measure of compassion. People who sign onto their thousand-dollar computers from the comfort of their parents' homes to get pirated discs free of charge are fu----- selfish scum and deserve only a beating.

And that's not an insult, that's the truth.

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Renan »

elvis67 wrote:I notified this to ebay one month ago . They did nothing . DVD sold for 50 $
Just to inform you, I know that more than 2.000 units of this "product" was sold. :?
Not in ebay but other websites that offers the same service.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

elvis67
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by elvis67 »

we all should try to stop this
really
which websites sell it ????

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

elvissessions.com wrote:1. ale: I'm not insulting you, unless you consider accurately telling the truth about you an insult. As far as doing it when you're not around, well, I live at 1900 Elm Street in downtown Dallas. Right now, I'm at the Baymont Inn in Memphis for Elvis Week. If you come close to those places, let me know and we'll meet face-to-face so I can repeat myself. Post your home address here as I have, and if I pass your way, I'll check in with you.

2. It's a shame Web sites that offer easy outlets for bootlegs have to pollute their offerings with pirated material, no doubt about it. Some will disagree with me, I'm sure, but as I've posted in recent threads. I've just laid out close to $2,000 for a big stack of Elvis soundboards, and I've ended up with a big stack of copies of copies of copies. So vendors that offer a cheap alternative to that frankly dishonest practice actually could be commended. I'd rather buy from someone who accurately advertises his wares as copies than the many people I DID buy from trying to pass their discs off as silver originals. But PIRATING (not to be confused with BOOTLEGGING) is absolutely unacceptable, Scatter, you're right, and needs to be punished -- with hanging, if necessary.

3) And, Scatter, you really do hit it on the nose. I consider myself very fortunate now, but for two long years about 15 years ago, I was put in a situation in which I literally had to pick days of the week I didn't eat. That is not an exaggeration. I was fortunate that I had a roof over my head, but I was skipping not just meals but days full of meals.

But it never even occurred to me -- never even CROSSED MY MIND -- that I was going to steal something simply because I couldn't afford it.

If it had crossed my mind, I sincerely hope it wouldn't have been to steal something irrelevant to my pressing needs at the time. People without money who steal a loaf of bread to survive may deserve a measure of compassion. People who sign onto their thousand-dollar computers from the comfort of their parents' homes to get pirated discs free of charge are fu----- selfish scum and deserve only a beating.

And that's not an insult, that's the truth.
you're just down the street from the 6th floor! im orig from Garland, so the next time im in town ill stop by! :lol:

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Renan »

elvis67 wrote:we all should try to stop this
really
which websites sell it ????
You´re kidding me! I know more than 10 people that makes this.
And these are friends that lives near.

In Europe I would say many and many people. That ain´t no way to stop that. The technology provides easy access to copy FTD´s or any other CD.

This is the price we pay for the technology. It is easier to have the Middle East war resolved to stop CDR copies of original CDs.

Sad but fact. :cry:

And as I said we gotta let it like this....cause there is nothing we can do.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

Elvissessions.com wrote: People who sign onto their thousand-dollar computers from the comfort of their parents' homes to get pirated discs free of charge are fu----- selfish scum and deserve only a beating.

So this is the truth huh??

Really? Why stop there? Only a beating?

Why not poison them first, then tie 'em up and burn them at the stake?

So your from Texas. Big surprise?

And if I understand you correctly, bootlegging is ok right?

It's just pirating that's wrong?

Why don't you just let it go?

Your hypocrisy is astounding.

What if everyone wanted to beat up hypocritical, myopic, judgemental,

egomaniacs from Dallas? What would that solve?

It will work itself out. There has always been music copying.

And according to your post you are now in possession of some cdr's of copyrighted material which you obtained recently.

Maybe I should call the FBI and send them to Elm street in Dallas.

One last note; I understand your opinion, but you are coming across and some reject from an anger management seminar.
Put it into perspective a bit. Take it down a notch.

Whenever someone as yourself gets up on a soap box and starts preaching, you will invite critism, and I happy to show you the err of your ways.

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

ekenee wrote:Elvissessions.com wrote: People who sign onto their thousand-dollar computers from the comfort of their parents' homes to get pirated discs free of charge are fu----- selfish scum and deserve only a beating.

So this is the truth huh??

Really? Why stop there? Only a beating?

Why not poison them first, then tie 'em up and burn them at the stake?

So your from Texas. Big surprise?

And if I understand you correctly, bootlegging is ok right?

It's just pirating that's wrong?

Why don't you just let it go?

Your hypocrisy is astounding.

What if everyone wanted to beat up hypocritical, myopic, judgemental,

egomaniacs from Dallas? What would that solve?

It will work itself out. There has always been music copying.

And according to your post you are now in possession of some cdr's of copyrighted material which you obtained recently.

Maybe I should call the FBI and send them to Elm street in Dallas.

One last note; I understand your opinion, but you are coming across and some reject from an anger management seminar.
Put it into perspective a bit. Take it down a notch.

Whenever someone as yourself gets up on a soap box and starts preaching, you will invite critism, and I happy to show you the err of your ways.
hey im from Texas too, so can the Texas stereotypes please!