All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:31 pm

jak wrote:Im guilty of just putting in a cd and skipping through it rather than kicking back with the headphones and truly listening to it like I used to.Even more so when it comes to the audience recordings.

The trick is to take a break from Elvis every now and then. Personally, I don't buy every Elvis CD that comes out and I don't listen to Elvis every day. Instead I listen to other artists, both old and new, and when I get back to Elvis again, I'm in heaven. Works every time! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Re: a new release in

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:13 pm

etp wrote:
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:If you give it a cool and calculated look, after 2-3 weeks, even FTDs are not discussed here anymore.
Theres been far too many releases, in the last 5 years.

That's a word, Ger!

Who's talking and/or discussing about ONE NIGHT IN BOSTON? Noone.
Who's talking and/or discussing about LET IT ROLL? Noone.
Who's talking and/or discussing about ELVIS PRESLEY? Noone.

It's a fast-food business nowadays. You get'em, you listen to them, you put them away and take the next release!

The times when I listened half a year to JUST PRETEND and enjoying it for the thousanth times a long ago.

Agree, we are spoiled ! And the soundboards give us too much of the same. FTD is not to blame though, it was Elvis that did sing the same old songs night after night....sad.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:41 am

Well, I'll be damned. Another label just released an inferior version of the up-coming Fort Baxter CD! :shock:

http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/F ... &item=8036

They have re-released "Desert Storm" and some other CDs too. I will stick to the real thing, which I'm sure all sane fans will... Perhaps these cheap verions are CD-R's too?

Keith Richards, Jr.
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:43 am

Just saw that, too. They're re-releasing about 7 or 8 titles.

a new release in

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:11 pm

... Anybody out there who can tell my boss, where this tiger release

is originating from? It wont have the few extra tracks, or the 12 page

booklet from Baxter... but will the fans ignore the tiger release?

Nice bizniz, no?!

:roll:

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:33 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:
If you give it a cool and calculated look, after 2-3 weeks, even FTDs are not discussed here anymore.
Theres been far too many releases, in the last 5 years.

As far as the New FTD's are concerned...I wonder how many people have still NOT received theirs yet, I've had mine on order before the release date & still do not have them yet (or been charged for them yet) from the UK.

a new release in

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:47 pm

... Im aware of the distru problems. But FTD sales, for the most,

are in europe. And Im aware its july, holiday time for many in

europe... but the excitement isnt what it use to be. Like somebody

mentioned here, yesterday : Elvis have become a fast food product.

Hey

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:49 pm

I am pretty sure that all this s**t is no real thing. Just CDRs - quite MANY so called CDs on EBAY were CDRs.

Take look at the design - amateurish work. And after all, WHO will release 8 real pressed CDs (one double CD) at the same moment? Import CD producers are quite small circle of people who know about each other. So stay cold.... these are CDRs thus NO RELEASES.

a new release in

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:53 pm

... Stay cold?! Its 36 outside and inside, today!

But, thanks for your reply, my boss feels a little better now.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:57 pm

As for me I won't buy a single of them records.

Haha

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:00 pm

well Tallhair so stay in well airconditioned room with glass of cold beer like me ;-) ... we have 35-36 too :smt096

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:23 pm

Tallhair wrote
... Im aware of the distru problems. But FTD sales, for the most,
are in europe.

This may well be true, I think you'll find that part of these 'Europe sales' are from people outside Europe ordering them from Europe due to the price. It is cheaper for Australians to order them from Europe (including Airmail postage) than to buy locally, everyone I know (Australians & Americans) buys them from Europe).

Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:56 pm

Ray, you shouldn't. Check out http://www.elvis.com.au, they have a great store with all the different CD's available. I even order some of my stuff in Australia from time to time.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:13 pm

Ray wrote:As far as the New FTD's are concerned...I wonder how many people have still NOT received theirs yet, I've had mine on order before the release date & still do not have them yet (or been charged for them yet) from the UK.

Have you asked why they haven't been sent yet Ray?

We've got a couple of people who visit this MB that have got their's already.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:19 pm

shanebrown wrote:In other words, by stopping these re-releases you would be denying new Elvis fans access to concerts that you have been enjoying for ten or twelve years now. Nobody is telling YOU to buy them.

That's a point. However with enough time, it is still possible to locate an Original. I started out in 2003 and by now I have Originals of almost every famous "Oldie" (and much more !!) :-)

Let's not forget the FTD's - they are great with no exception and I wouldn't wanna miss a single one of them.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:55 pm

Thomas wrote:However with enough time, it is still possible to locate an Original. I started out in 2003 and by now I have Originals of almost every famous "Oldie" (and much more !!) :-)

That is true. I started collecting soundboards about two years ago and now I have everything I wanted: the wonderful DAE releases, "Burning In Birmingham", "Movin' Mobile", "Opening Night '72", you name it. God bless eBay! The only one I haven't found yet is "Hello Memphis!". Well, I did find it once but the price was too deleted - see guidelines #2 high for me. In general I haven't spent too much on any of these CDs, they are about 50% more expensive than a new bootleg.

Some of the old bootlegs can be improved, though. In fact I haven't bought "Just Pretend" and "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" yet because I hope they will be up-graded and re-released some time... I'm not holding my breath, though.

Keith Richards, Jr.

a new release

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:36 pm

... The best offer, from a yank, was $ 125 for the Little Rock 56 cd.

And I actually sold him my own copy, about a year ago. I have kept

the vinyl edition, though. Not too many L R 56 cds were pressed, as

vinyl, at the time was still the big thing... Walk a mile and Pretend,

surely need an upgrade. But Im not sure if my boss kept the tapes,

or swapped them for 50s items... ? Its long ago, and hes been one

bussy little pirate.

Re: a new release

Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:02 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... The best offer, from a yank, was $ 125 for the Little Rock 56 cd.

And I actually sold him my own copy, about a year ago. I have kept

the vinyl edition, though. Not too many L R 56 cds were pressed, as

vinyl, at the time was still the big thing... Walk a mile and Pretend,

surely need an upgrade. But Im not sure if my boss kept the tapes,

or swapped them for 50s items... ? Its long ago, and hes been one

bussy little pirate.

Where's Johnny Depp when you need him. :lol:

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:25 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
jak wrote:Im guilty of just putting in a cd and skipping through it rather than kicking back with the headphones and truly listening to it like I used to.Even more so when it comes to the audience recordings.

The trick is to take a break from Elvis every now and then. Personally, I don't buy every Elvis CD that comes out and I don't listen to Elvis every day. Instead I listen to other artists, both old and new, and when I get back to Elvis again, I'm in heaven. Works every time! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Well, said, Keith :!: I do this in large part to save my "better half" (who is a nominal fan) from getting sick of always hearing Elvis. And truth be told, I do it for myself. It's very healthy to appreciate and enjoy all the great music out there. Hell, Elvis did that too.

It does restore one's ears for Elvis in a big way. This is especially true for big hits like "Hound Dog" or "Suspicious Minds." Put them on a shelf for awhile!

Or, in the case of "Love Letters" LP, don't listen to it ever again, right Ger? :lol:

More seriously:
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Im aware of the distru problems. But FTD sales, for the most,

are in europe. And Im aware its july, holiday time for many in

europe... but the excitement isnt what it use to be. Like somebody

mentioned here, yesterday : Elvis have become a fast food product.

Is this right? I just think it's a reflection of the (terrific) deluge of product for hard-core fans. It's hard to keep up. We like that problem.

On the level of RCA/BMG/SOny, yes, releases like "Love, Elvis" and "Hitstory" say it all.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:43 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Well, I'll be damned. Another label just released an inferior version of the up-coming Fort Baxter CD! :shock:

http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/F ... &item=8036

They have re-released "Desert Storm" and some other CDs too. I will stick to the real thing.

Smart move. Don't be fooled by cheap imitations.

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:23 am

Thomas wrote
Ray, you shouldn't. Check out http://www.elvis.com.au, they have a great store with all the different CD's available. I even order some of my stuff in Australia from time to time.

Thomas, I have ordered often from the site you mention, but the price is still cheaper from Europe and also a few things have happened when I've ordered from that site that I'm not greatly happy with (but in their defense I also know it was not delibrate on their side...just bad timing on 4 occassions).
All I'm trying to get is a good price and quick delivery....it's not too much to ask...I did have this service for years, but the last 18 months to 2 years I've been chopping and changing with absolute crap luck :roll:

Ray wrote:
As far as the New FTD's are concerned...I wonder how many people have still NOT received theirs yet, I've had mine on order before the release date & still do not have them yet (or been charged for them yet) from the UK.

ChrisG- the younger wrote
Have you asked why they haven't been sent yet Ray?

We've got a couple of people who visit this MB that have got their's already.

Hi Chris, yes I have asked but still no reply. The 2 previous (and current) suppliers I deal with have a shocking habit of not replying to emails, I send an email no reply, wait 2 days send another email...still no reply, etc, etc.
This order of the 3 new ftd's was going to go through yourself (I know which board members you are talking about already having theirs). My only reluctance was I had a bad experience via a mail order from yourselves back in 1998/1999 (took months to resolve...which it gladly was)...this was not directly with yourself but it still left me feeling crap and left me unable to use a large portion of my credit card limit for months.
Maybe I will try you for the next ftd's a lot can change in the passing years and the other board members I speak to regularly have never had any problems via you.

Hey ColinB
Do you have your new FTD's yet ?.......Thanks

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 am

The cover is on the Import News section now - and man, it looks mighty nice! Can't wait to add this baby to my collection...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:35 am

I'm still looking forward to that other release, Bambi Back & Forth.

a new release

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:46 pm

... Thomas, why these title jokes?!

The official title is Blowing Up The Fort!

Previously known as Bombing Down The Fort!

Hmm

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:46 pm

no need to be so sarcastic... after all, Worth In Fort was not the worst 76 show either...