I want to buy the 24bit Jap 'Elvis' CD

Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:10 pm

Can you provide a link?

Cheers

Anyone

Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:37 pm

can anyone help with this ?

Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:31 pm

I have an extra one I will gladly sell you. It's all original and in mint condition.

Greg
glob35@aol.com

Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:36 pm

Check out http://www.amazon.com.
Do a search for "Elvis Presley". They sell several.

PS. The use of your expression to describe "Japanese" is a widely known offensive or derogatory term to Japanese people.
I'm not judging but I just thought I would make the observation.

Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:30 pm

greg which one do you have ??

Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:33 pm

I'm looking for some too, so if any body has some they want to part with, please email me. I'm also looking for some of the 20 bit ones.

Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:18 pm

I thought he was asking for the one called "Elvis". I have this one for sale, as well as "From Elvis In Memphis", "GI Blues" and "Moody Blue". All are original and in great shape

Re: Anyone

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:19 am

In his post title, DAS wrote:I want to buy the 24bit Jap 'Elvis' CD

What I can help with is informing you that use of the term "Jap" is highly offensive.

I have many Asian-American friends and none of them appreciate that term one bit. Nor do I.

Please use "Japanese" in your future requests.

Re: Anyone

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
In his post title, DAS wrote:I want to buy the 24bit Jap 'Elvis' CD

What I can help with is informing you that use of the term "Jap" is highly offensive.

I have many Asian-American friends and none of them appreciate that term one bit. Nor do I.

Please use "Japanese" in your future requests.

Jap - uh - yep, you're right!

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:33 am

Aaahhh...Dammitttttttt....there goes my avatar.....I was waiting for someone to comment on that term. And the winner is.....DOC! Johnny Olsen...tell him what he's won!

"Why, certainly, Eagle! Doc's won a trip for two to Graceland to watch Johnny Cougar defile the jungle room."

Eagle

Can't We All Just Get A Gong?
Last edited by EagleUSA on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:34 am

Jap could have been a abreviation. The context doesn't sound negative. THough me being from another country, I do find the awareness comforting. That is one of the very cool things about this board.

Hey Doc check out the "other topic". I responded "lightly" to you. Don't have a fit. ok.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:49 am

Greg How much do you want for From Elvis in Memphis ?? :?:

Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:08 am

<Greg How much do you want for From Elvis in Memphis ??

If you are in the USA, I'll send it to you for $25.00. If you are overseas, I'll have to check on the price of shipping and give you a quote.

Greg

To Hell With Doc's PC

Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:17 am

"Asian-Americans.....African-Americans.....seems everyone these day s has a 'feel good' hyphenated term to make them feel important and appreciated........That is except for the people who truly created this great land!!! Piss on Political Correctness........... :wink: and oh yeah, good luck on finding the JAP cd. :P :P :twisted:

THE SWAMP FOX
Mein Ehre heisst Treue

Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:04 am

thank you

I am Scottish - that makes me a 'jock' a 'Scot'

Jap is short for Japanese.

Get a life folks - I'm educated and have friends from all cultures and mean no offense - the response is both amusing and annoying.

Re: To Hell With Doc's PC

Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:07 am

The Swamp Pox wrote:"That is except for the people who truly created this great land!!!

Oh yeah, the much maligned Native American. Touché!

Did you hear that sound? Clunk!

The relative IQ of this MB dropped 100 points due to the combined worthlessness of the comments from "eagleusa" and you.

Sad.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:19 pm

Greg Ok im In Sweden

Re: To Hell With Doc's PC

Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
The Swamp Pox wrote:"That is except for the people who truly created this great land!!!

Oh yeah, the much maligned Native American. Touché!

Did you hear that sound? Clunk!

The relative IQ of this MB dropped 100 points due to the combined worthlessness of the comments from "eagleusa" and you.

Doc,
If you would get off of that "self-annointing" soapbox of yours you would realize that the quote was in reference to the people who created this GREAT NATION ...not merely inhabited it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

THE SWAMP FOX

Sad.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:19 pm

Dump Box wrote:Doc, If you would get off of that "self-annointing" soapbox of yours you would realize that the quote was in reference to the people who created this GREAT NATION ...not merely inhabited it.

What you need to do is rise from your porcelain altar and hit the library -- assuming you know where to find one.

Then, look up these two words, for you clearly don't know them:

My post was <b>ironic</b>.

Your words are that of an <b>ignoramus</b>.

Buh-bye!

the end

Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:06 pm

As an educated bloke with undergraduate and post graduate qualifications
I did not mean any offense.

Get a grip please everyone who provided negative comments - it was an abbreviation.

Oh please...

Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:33 pm

:roll: Nobody can say or do anything any more,no matter how innocent,without SOMEONE whining and invoking the evil facist spectre of political correctness. :roll: :roll:

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:22 pm

Spoken like a person with little or no concept of the power of language.

As someone once said, "Never ceases to amaze me!" :roll:

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:44 pm

thanks Deke

cmon everybody

the spectre of political correctness is all around

should i never use an abbreviated word again -

alas people never ceases to amaze me

To Hell With This Damned PC

Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:16 am

It seems that all of these liberal "feel-gooders" can't stand to hear anything, but rosy revisions of history and this laughable "citizens of the world" B.S. Well DAS......you are on the money on this issue. My philosophy is...."tell it like it is no matter who it offends because the truth is THE TRUTH.
I don't think the "Tommies" and the "Yanks" were getting lambasted in years gone by for using the term "Jap" or "Kraut" among others as they freed the world from tyranny?? Or did they???!!! It seems the world is a more censored place now than that under Hirohito and Hitler. So maybe we "Yanks" should have let these fine folks of Western and Eastern Europe handle their own affairs.....and I dare say that the German Reich would be The Force in the world today. I don't know though....old Doc would've probably gone on a trip of "love and understanding" and converted the Nazi regime over to a bunch of "I'm sorry" repenters as they came to see the offensiveness of their ways.

THE SWAMP FOX :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:23 am

I am an Australian, but I don't mind if you call me an Aussie. :wink:

8)