All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:21 am

Gee Mink thanks for the info about Elvis' health history, hell I didnt know that. wow so much i can learn from you. But that really had nothing to do with what i was referring to Bobby with. I was pointing out that Khoots, you and like ilk who are quick to laugh at any personal sentiment then go ape over this stuff and thinks it is good when its not. thats being deluded by something, isnt it? thought so. but did appreciate the medical history on E. imagine that.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:12 am

kylan, why r u so clueless? point in my post where I said this was "good"? where? if u would get off your hi as hell horse and see that i said that if the media and tv programs and mags can have access to this stuff, then why not us? critics and the media get there sh*t 4 free, but I pay 4 my Elvis stuff and if it's Elvis, then I want it and it's my choice, understand? in your case, probably not, but i don't need u pickin' and choosin' what's good and what's not and your drivel about our love 4 E is very childish. one more thing, I know it's 2 much 4 u too handle ,but my lil reference to E's health was makin' a point u obviously missed...but i won't waste time explainin' cuz you won't get it from back 2 front.. lol

Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:25 am

Again....all the fans already have this stuff so why should it be on the market for the average fan (who won't like it), the critic (who will make fun of it), the TV personality (?) (who will have a time of it)!!!
You call yourselves Elvis fans? Why in the world would you want Elvis to be the joke that the press made him to be 25 years ago? Why?
This is all just the selfish peoples point that "they want it and that's all that matters". You are a sorry bunch of so-called fans.
I'm totally lost for words when this thread gets started, which is about every couple months.
We have the people that are against its release and the ones that are for it. Things will never change.
Oh, by the way, did I say I'm against it being released to the mainstream?

jeff R

Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:25 am

you were doing good there for a while Mink, taking up my suggestion on having a valium regularly, I think your back off it tho. lol

Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:27 am

yes you did Jeff but say it again! lol needs to be hammered home to the selfish and clueless!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:34 am

Kylan wrote:No Bobby unfortunately people wouldn't be pleasantly surprised, their suspicions and ideas would come true worse than they possibly could think, and no Elvis wasn't better than i thought he would be. He was dying! man u people make fun of me because i say i care about the guy, yet u people who love this stuff and eat it up are terribly deluded by love or whatever feelings you have for the man. once again the hypocrites run amok as usual.

Kylan,

I don't think there is any hypocrisy to be found in my statements. If you don't agree with how I think people would react to the material, that's fine. But I have never been critical of you or anyone for caring about Elvis.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:37 am

Oh I know Bobby, I was only referring to you concerning the first part, the hypocrites I were referring to were khoots among others. u know who u are! lol

Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:39 am

oh, r u and your buddy jeffery james back from bowling? LOL that's real intelligent there kylan, suggesting to another person taking the same drugs that killed your hero!!! good one...

oh and the mr. i get offended to close to mommy, you call us a sorry bunch? boy, the internet is a sure safe place 4 degenerates like u cuz in reality you'd piss your pants if u had to say it 2 someone's face! :shock:
you and kylan sound like the typical anti socials that would be considered expendable! you know, the 2 people that actually got invited to a party, but didn't show up, but NOBODY cared! :roll:

too bad you idiots didn't know i'd rather have the COMPLETE '68 Comeback or Elvis on Tour DVD's anyday before this show! oh well...guess i'm not considered a "REAL FAN".

Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:02 am

OK we have the stuff in bad quality. I would like it in good quality.
People who like this stuff will buy it. If someone doesn't like this sort of release I think they would be able to tell from the cover. They don't have to buy it. I think it would be nice for the fans to be able to buy a good quality release if they desire so. Kylan, Jeff etc you have your bad copies and you can stay with that if you wish but I would like a good quality release. There should also be other concerts released."on tour stuff"
that people could choose over EIC if they wish.
People wanting this EIC are no less of a fan than people not wanting it, but the ones who don't want it still have it in there collection...Go Figure.

I think enough time has passed, Everyone knows what EIC was like, it would be nice to have the choice, ........

I still enjoy watching the show, nothing is going to take this show away no matter how many try and hide it. A good quality release is essential.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:05 am

lol Like I said Mink stick with your valium, it was doing you good for a while there, just dont get hooked like "my hero" did and all will be good!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:05 am

thanks nutty but, "NO Thanks"! takin' care of my family is my #1 priority and you keep pushin' valium at me...hmmm
maybe the opposite is the case? it's ok kylan, your idol was just a singer, don't get overly obsessed! LOL ...man, if i did take valium, I wonder if I could get all bloated and gain a ton of weight like kylan's hero? see ya nippy...

Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:54 pm

lol I must say you do crack me up!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:31 pm

Yeah, I would like this footage in perfect quality in my collection.

But I have to agree, it is better kept from the general public & the critics.

A good-quality unofficial release would solve the problem !

Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:59 am

As usual, Colin is the voice of reason amongst the morons slagging each other off on this thread. A good quality "import" release would be the ideal solution from the fans' point of view.

if the media and tv programs and mags can have access to this stuff, then why not us? critics and the media get there sh*t 4 free, but I pay 4 my Elvis stuff and if it's Elvis, then I want it and it's my choice, understand?

What? yourchoice? Have I missed something? Don't the owners of the material have a choice? Don't those who represent the filmed and recorded image of Elvis Presley have a choice? I believe they do, and if they want to hold back a release of Elvis in Concert so as not to have the good work of the last couple of years undone, then it's their choice, understand?

Again....all the fans already have this stuff so why should it be on the market for the average fan (who won't like it), the critic (who will make fun of it), the TV personality (?) (who will have a time of it)!!!
You call yourselves Elvis fans? Why in the world would you want Elvis to be the joke that the press made him to be 25 years ago? Why?
This is all just the selfish peoples point that "they want it and that's all that matters". You are a sorry bunch of so-called fans.
I'm totally lost for words when this thread gets started, which is about every couple months.
We have the people that are against its release and the ones that are for it. Things will never change.

Jeff, brilliantly put, as usual. I couldn't put it better myself.

oh and the mr. i get offended to close to mommy, you call us a sorry bunch? boy, the internet is a sure safe place 4 degenerates like u cuz in reality you'd piss your pants if u had to say it 2 someone's face!
you and kylan sound like the typical anti socials that would be considered expendable! you know, the 2 people that actually got invited to a party, but didn't show up, but NOBODY cared!

You said it, Minkahead. You know, I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that you do not even come close to being a real Elvis fan. You may have every note Elvis ever sang, every frame ever filmed (except, of course, Elvis in Concert and Elvis On Tour), but a real fan does not act like a prick on a messageboard, slagging off others without producing a shred of intelligent debate yourself. Take Bobby, for example: he and I have disagreed on this thread, but he is willing (and able) to convey his thoughts intelligently. You are not. Hey, Pot, I hear the Kettle calling!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:16 am

Kylan, you really need to look up the definition of "hypocrite" before you refer to me as such. Please show me an instance of my hypocrisy. You will not be able to. You, on the other hand, are the definition of the word. You do not care to watch "someone I care about...sick and dying," yet you have. And, you will continue to do so.

I think it is sad that all you see is someone who is "sick and dying." That, again, puts an exclamation point on my statement about your superficiality.

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:18 am

Hey Khoots, so sorry man i owe you a big apology, I just put on my rose colored glasses that have been claimed in the past I have.. ahem ahem and wow I was wrong. He wasn't sick and dying. he was one hell of a perfect physical specimen out there kicking ass and taking names just like in 69 and 70. dang man, these glasses really do make u see the light. forgive me for missing the boat there. He was healthy as a horse!

get real dude!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:21 am

Now you're on the right track Kylan. You to can ask for a better quality release now. Glad you can see the good in these performances now.
Many of us don't need the glasses to see it though. :wink:

8)

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:51 am

hahahahaha yeah Sam what was I thinking? so jaded before and cynical, those glasses really fix u up!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:49 am

MAN, looks like I've really done it now! whoo...definetely got a rise outta stephen bummy, uh, i mean butt...ler! LOL I just love it when someone tries to DEFINE what a REAL Elvis fan should be...let's get sunthin' straight, if drips like u would STOP being so ignorant, you'd go back and see i've made sum good suggestions and replies to the original thread. my attack, or retaliation, is for people like jeff who call us a "sorry bunch"? that's intelligence to u? he can get away with HIS slanderous remarks?

let's get sumthin' straight here "MR. REAL ELVIS FAN", perhaps if you or I knew a lil more about how the artist, Elvis, lived and entertained, we all get a deeper experience when we listen to our Elvis music, look at an Elvis photo or ,better yet, watch an Elvis video! it sheds a little light, or, even better, confuses it! throws in a little shadow. that to me, is the real mystique of Elvis, always one step behind...boy, now your really intrigued.... :shock:

perhaps my aggressiveness is too offensive for sum of the weaker folks here. dramatics and sarcasm can be filled with emotion and drive, tragedy and catastrophe, valor and victory! if YOU, stephen, really assume that anyone here can get my temper flaring like a pack of hemmoroids, spineless you shall be, but let me just say, it's all in fun and not to be taken to therapy sessions! LOL

casual observer

Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:00 pm

AGAIN JEFF - I AGREE 100 %

"Again....all the fans already have this stuff so why should it be on the market for the average fan (who won't like it), the critic (who will make fun of it), the TV personality (?) (who will have a time of it)!!!

jeff r"

DAS

Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:08 pm

All fans don't have this stuff. And it should be available in better quality. Do you like the quality that you watch of these shows. I don't.
It doesn't have to be a released for the general public but for the fans.
People who think Elvis is/was a joke wont change there minds by hiding these shows. It gives them something to ask. why?

The Elvis image is not going to change now wether the show is released or not. 26 years have passed. He's gone. Everyone already knows what the last year in his life was like.
Live with it.

8)

Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:16 pm

P.S. Did I mention I quite like the shows. I see some good performances.

8)

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:18 pm

So do I Sam, but...see the previous six pages ad nauseum. :shock:

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:33 pm

My opinion (short and sweet).

Should the original 1977 CBS special and any other extra footage be released to the "public" as a home video release - either through a local video/store chain, or purchased on the web (amazon, suncoast)?

NO

Should Elvis Presley fans be able to purchase the 1977 CBS special - and - have an opportunity to also purchase the complete Omaha and Rapid City shows on home video - but only through a "collector's only" release through EPE/Graceland?

YES

I think there's a good chance this will eventually happen - especially since EPE/Graceland now has the Elvis "collector's club".

Rich

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:36 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:
Should Elvis Presley fans be able to purchase the 1977 CBS special - and - have an opportunity to also purchase the complete Omaha and Rapid City shows on home video - but only through a "collector's only" release through EPE/Graceland?

YES

I think there's a good chance this will eventually happen - especially since EPE/Graceland now has the Elvis "collector's club".

Rich

I hope you're right Rich. This would be a suitable outcome in my opinion.

8)