Thomas
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Thomas »

I would certainly buy this CD.

But please don't call it "From New York To Los Angeles" :lol:

Maybe "Coast To Coast with Elvis" or "From the Yankees to the Angels" hahaha

elvis_mania54545

Post by elvis_mania54545 »

Jay, dont let all the bs get to you, what tall hair and others are saying ,without saying it, is your not welcome to start threads or respond to any threads unless you have proof that something exist. Everyone here or most it seems at timeswill agree with him and the others who have this attitude,there called bootlickers, as for your idea, your free to give your points ,oppions and ideas, no matter what others will tell you. WHO IN THE HELL decided that a fan cant do this? While others on other subjects will hint and tell you they know something no body else does, then it turns out to be nothing, you havnt done that,you havnt said you know these tapes r in the rca vaults,its just people trying to inflate there ego and many times others are more than willing to help, joking is one thing, but this just gets down to childlike behavior,far too often the subject someone starts is taken over by this bs, and then it turns into a name calling battle,how the hell anyone can accuse someone of getting someones hopes up,(thats rca job)is just amazing and one of the most sillest things ive read on here, i personally dont care if one person here likes me,i dont do the bs thing, so im guessing not many do like me,many here seem to have been picked on as a child, and now they can sit behind there computer and play know it all or shoot down every idea or suggestion someone has. keep the ideas coming jay, maybe somebody at rca will read through all the bs on here and get an idea.

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 19 years

Post by ritchie valens »

if certain things exist ernst can't tell you cause rca has tight lips. he used to be able to. don't know he can't anymore.

Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Well, I think it's a safe bet that the July 1975 soundboard is not in Mr. Jorgensen's hands. If it was I think he'd release it right away. That's what FTD usually do when they find something real special, right? "Dinner At 8" and the new "Loving You" tapes are two examples.

I sure hope I'm wrong, though! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Ton Bruins
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Ton Bruins »

elvis_mania54545 wrote:Jay, dont let all the bs get to you, what tall hair and others are saying ,without saying it, is your not welcome to start threads or respond to any threads unless you have proof that something exist. Everyone here or most it seems at timeswill agree with him and the others who have this attitude,there called bootlickers, as for your idea, your free to give your points ,oppions and ideas, no matter what others will tell you. WHO IN THE HELL decided that a fan cant do this? While others on other subjects will hint and tell you they know something no body else does, then it turns out to be nothing, you havnt done that,you havnt said you know these tapes r in the rca vaults,its just people trying to inflate there ego and many times others are more than willing to help, joking is one thing, but this just gets down to childlike behavior,far too often the subject someone starts is taken over by this bs, and then it turns into a name calling battle,how the hell anyone can accuse someone of getting someones hopes up,(thats rca job)is just amazing and one of the most sillest things ive read on here, i personally dont care if one person here likes me,i dont do the bs thing, so im guessing not many do like me,many here seem to have been picked on as a child, and now they can sit behind there computer and play know it all or shoot down every idea or suggestion someone has. keep the ideas coming jay, maybe somebody at rca will read through all the bs on here and get an idea.
You're absolutely right here. Everybody is entitled to give her/his opinion. Not only the "wise" guys on this forum.

Tits McGhee
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Re: an idea

Post by Tits McGhee »

It's already been mentioned in this thread by me and aother that Ernst does have the LA'74 show on soundboard. Maybe it's too good to put out yet or maybe he's been told to wait.
[/quote]
You're so right, Jay. I have it on very good authority that Ernst had planned to put this show out on FTD and was very excited about it. But then, out of the blue, he was sent a memo from the parent company telling him not to put it out because it was too good. He still planned to go ahead with the release but then he had a visit from a mysterious man claiming to work for the parent company. He told Ernst in no uncertain terms that he must wait before putting out this show. He said the whole of the directorship of the parent company where against this show being released because it was too good. He said that live Elvis shows from the 1970s were of the upmost importance to the company and that their continued success depended on this particular show not being released at this point in time because it is too good.

The word is that they're planning to release it as a main label item in the not too distant future because it is so good and not like any other show Elvis performed at that time. Some of the songs from his regular repertoire of the time are even in a different order from normal. That's one of the reasons the parent company are very excited about it and told Ernst to wait. I was told that the original tape was taken from Ernst and is now locked in a vault, such is its importance.

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner

Ton Bruins
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Ton Bruins »

Tits McGhee wrote:
It's already been mentioned in this thread by me and aother that Ernst does have the LA'74 show on soundboard. Maybe it's too good to put out yet or maybe he's been told to wait.
You're so right, Jay. I have it on very good authority that Ernst had planned to put this show out on FTD and was very excited about it. But then, out of the blue, he was sent a memo from the parent company telling him not to put it out because it was too good. He still planned to go ahead with the release but then he had a visit from a mysterious man claiming to work for the parent company. He told Ernst in no uncertain terms that he must wait before putting out this show. He said the whole of the directorship of the parent company where against this show being released because it was too good. He said that live Elvis shows from the 1970s were of the upmost importance to the company and that their continued success depended on this particular show not being released at this point in time because it is too good.

The word is that they're planning to release it as a main label item in the not too distant future because it is so good and not like any other show Elvis performed at that time. Some of the songs from his regular repertoire of the time are even in a different order from normal. That's one of the reasons the parent company are very excited about it and told Ernst to wait. I was told that the original tape was taken from Ernst and is now locked in a vault, such is its importance.[/quote]

Is this a joke ???

Kylan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Kylan »

Ton Bruins wrote:
Tits McGhee wrote:

The word is that they're planning to release it as a main label item in the not too distant future because it is so good and not like any other show Elvis performed at that time. Some of the songs from his regular repertoire of the time are even in a different order from normal. That's one of the reasons the parent company are very excited about it and told Ernst to wait. I was told that the original tape was taken from Ernst and is now locked in a vault, such is its importance.
Is this a joke ???[/quote]

its his rather lame attempt to be a funny smartass.

Scott Haigh 781990EP

I sure hope not, but for a 1974 show, sounds much too good to be true

My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Soundboards, like most natural resources are becoming more and more in short supply. Recent activities in the far each have shot prices up with many people hoarding tapes for private use only.

I do know for sure that the next FTD book release will contain the original 31st July 1969 soundbaord along with the recently purchased 26th June 1977 show. The book will focus on how Elvis' show changed from the return to performing to the final show. I believe this 1974 show will be part of the package as sort of a halfway filler show.

Scott Haigh 781990EP

Matthew, stop!!! stop Matthew, stop torturing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't take it any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: