Yes
63%
No
38%

Total votes : 48

Thu May 25, 2006 11:44 pm

Depends entirely on the content.

Fri May 26, 2006 1:09 am

How many times are you and Lakeisha going to bang this drum?

I say this as someone who enjoyed the remixes. But they're not going to be dumb enough to do a whole album of them. Not anymore.

Fri May 26, 2006 1:18 am

Okay, since you put it that way. :lol:

You do know that a lot of unofficial remixes continue to surface?

I heard a nice one of "Spin-Out" recently. But again, I'd rather it be below the radar rather than on the radio or in stores. Most of them don't work, but the best ones sometimes do.

Fri May 26, 2006 1:26 am

I bought Guitar Man on vinyl back around '80 and Too Much Monkey Business when FTD released their version. I enjoyed/enjoy them to a degree when I'm in the mood. But, NO. I wouldn't buy another one.

Fri May 26, 2006 1:27 am

Once (or twice?) bitten, twice shy?

At one point, you do realize: hey: I'm buying music I already own again...with background music the guy never heard ..or approved....!

Fri May 26, 2006 2:20 am

An album of songs I already own many times over..with new background music that Elvis never heard..or approved. No, I won't buy that rubbish.

I'd go for those superb FTD or Import stuffs like ELVIS A LEGENDARY VoLUME 6-8 and even those Camden CDs I don't mind as the Cover Art are brilliant and some songs versions there I still do not have.

Fri May 26, 2006 3:05 am

Yep, I'd buy it. If the content was good.

8)

Fri May 26, 2006 3:17 am

i would buy it if it was good

Fri May 26, 2006 5:43 am

Yes, absolutely....I see no harm in changing or updating
the music to a certain degree for some of the material
as one can always have access to original versions.....

Yet I feel the remix has had its day already, unless
somebody comes up with something really great,
it might as well stay underground.

I bought this Album a few months ago off Ebay....
A lot of the material I had a few years earlier,
however I still bought the album because there
were a few cuts I either did not have or was hoping
I could get them in better quality then what I did have.....

As it turned out that was the case......

The two cuts that were the highlight for me on this
Album was the Pink Vs Elvis Cut
And the other was the remix of the original ALLC
From the movie "Live A Little Love A Little"......

Both cuts I feel are good enough
for air play....

This type of material obviously is not for all,
but it works for me....

I take it for what it is and enjoy it for what it is......

Nice to have as far as I am concerned and
I look forward to more just as long as it is done right.....

PEP 8)

Fri May 26, 2006 8:40 am

PEP wrote:
Nice to have as far as I am concerned and
I look forward to more just as long as it is done right
Rubberneckin' proved there is no formula for a winner. Junkie XL for his ego might have said he refused to do another remix so he would not be typecast...but I think he was smart enough to know he was not going to get lightning striking twice. Imo.

Fri May 26, 2006 5:18 pm

Jay33 wrote:I am actually shocked to see so many wanting a remix or remake album despite all the negativity the idea gets from older generations of fans. Maybe RCA should take note of this. :wink:

Hi Lakei - DOH, I mean Jay33! I am one of the older fans (born in 1977), so of course I don't understand neither remixes nor new music in general, but I'm sure you young people - who can appreciate ultra-hip avantgarde acts like JXL - will love an album with Elvis remixes.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri May 26, 2006 5:23 pm

While its true elvis had no idea that years later many cd's would be released with his outtakes and concert, at least he was there when it was being done,id not buy another remix album,too much monkey business and the 2 last remixes is enough for me,i found elvis music and became a fan by hearing what elvis did himself, i dont need someone to do anything to the music, cause then it takes away from the true feeling of what elvis was in the first place. :)

Fri May 26, 2006 5:30 pm

I just said id not buy a remix album, what did i do,what did i do :shock:

Fri May 26, 2006 5:38 pm

Jay33 wrote:I am actually shocked to see so many wanting a remix or remake album despite all the negativity the idea gets from older generations of fans. Maybe RCA should take note of this. :wink: Here's how the voting breaks down so far at the different sites that i posted this poll.

HERE
11-8 in favor of YES

Elvis-The Music
12-1 in favor of YES

TCB-World
9-2 in favor of YES

So far that's an overall count of 32-11 in favor of YES. I found this to be very interesting in the fact that some who also voted YES are in ther 50's and 60's. I will update this later today to see how much more in favor it grows. :wink:

I am actually shocked that you are "actually shocked to see so many???" when only 32 people have voted so far in favour (only 43 people taking part in total when writing this).

Maybe RCA should wait until the end of this poll before going into production.

Maybe I'll do a poll on that.........
Last edited by Guest on Fri May 26, 2006 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 26, 2006 5:42 pm

I wouldn't buy it.Remixes are not my cup of tea
and iv'e heard nothing that would change my mind.
Mind you I wouldn't go to war about it,if you like it
fair enough.

norrie

Fri May 26, 2006 7:37 pm

I have nothing against remixes. If Sony/BMG thinks this is the way to go, then fine. They can release a whole boxset of remixes as far as I'm conerned. I haven't bought a mainstream release in years anyway. As long as we have FTD and the bootlegs, I just don't care what EPE and Sony/BMG do. There are many kinds of Elvis fans. Some people want remixes, teddybears and Elvis ducks. There is nothing wrong with that. It's just not my cup of tea.

When I want to listen to new music I'll put on a CD by Lil' Kim, Hidden Cameras, Belle And Sebastian or whatever. I will never ever put on a CD with semi-modern Elvis remixes.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri May 26, 2006 7:41 pm

I just wanted to say that an Elvis remix doesn't have to be in the 'dance' vein.

It would be interesting to hear some more Elvis songs with modern-sounding backings.

Slow numbers as well as the rockers.

Fri May 26, 2006 7:59 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:They can release a whole boxset of remixes as far as I'm conerned. I haven't bought a mainstream release in years anyway. As long as we have FTD and the bootlegs, I just don't care what EPE and Sony/BMG do.

I had to look twice because that sounds like something I would post. I agree with you though I did buy Elvis At Sun.

As far as this poll is concerned, the choices should have been:
Yes
No
Hell No!

I would have voted for the third choice. If some like it and it attracts more fans, good for them. As for me, I prefer Elvis' music just the way it was recorded. When Rubberneckin' and A Little Less Conversation come on Sirius in the remixed version, I go to the Roadhouse (classic country music.)