All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat May 13, 2006 1:51 pm

Some great examples give - can't top most of them, but I've always liked On Stage - Great black and white photo capturing Elvis in all his pomp - with no mention of his name needed on the front cover Image

Sat May 13, 2006 4:40 pm

One of my fav's of all time :

Sat May 13, 2006 6:43 pm

whoa brother, some people's taste ... :?

Album-designs

Sat May 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Would Mr modest himself, Ger Rijff, list all the releases (be official or bootleg) he contributed the sleeve-design for. LP´s and CD´s thank you.
I like the design used for the VIK-release of LOVING YOU SESSION, designed by...?

Mon May 15, 2006 10:36 pm

Moody:
I always liked that "Aloha" shot (mostly seen elsewhere over the years) on the cover of the imaginatively-titled "Elvis" album from 1973 (a.k.a. "the 'Fool' album) but I can't see that cover without thinking: what a post-triumph turkey!

That and the Camden releases again helped squander his final comeback...

Sun May 21, 2006 11:46 pm

Doc:
Thanks for posting the Jailhouse Rock Sessions LP - one of the best. I have an original copy I got off ebat several years ago for about $15.00. Another one of my favorites is the cover art for "Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do." Check it out at this link:

http://www.elvisvinyl.com/bootleg_lps_g.htm

Mon May 22, 2006 7:05 pm

Excellent cover Doc.
This has to be one of my all-time favorites...

Mon May 22, 2006 10:33 pm

My favourite (and first) 10" album from France

Tue May 23, 2006 1:56 pm

That's a fantastic cover, Doc.

I think the contrast in logos between "Jailhouse Rock" and "Sessions" is my favourite part.

There does seem to be a severe shortage of great covers in the Elvis world. Think how many pictures of this man exist, think how talented he was, think how huge the market is, and... well, it becomes rather shocking.

My favourite of all the covers I've ever seen is probably "Elvis Ultimate Gospel":

I also love the shot at the piano from the first volume of "A Touch of Platinum".

Lastly, I think that the pictures on the front of the hardback and softback versions of Peter Guralnick's "Last Train To Memphis" could be made into splendid album cover jackets. It would be nice to see some more ethereal, mysterious covers in the future -- and, of course, some well-composed, bold and beautiful ones, too.

Tue May 23, 2006 2:01 pm

psk wrote:Some great examples give - can't top most of them, but I've always liked On Stage - Great black and white photo capturing Elvis in all his pomp - with no mention of his name needed on the front cover Image

This album has special meaning for me since it was my introduction into the Elvis world at the age of 11. What a great cover as are many that have been posted so far.

Thu May 25, 2006 12:27 pm

Some i think are just Superrrrrrrrrr!!