All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Elton
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Movie bloopers

Post by Elton »

The following bloopers occurred in Elvis' films
Love Me Tender, an automobile was seen out the window in the bedroom scene with Debra and Elvis, also a set of drums was used in LMT that was set in 1865
Double Trouble, has a greyhound moving van is seen taking place in Brussels,Belgium
Clambake, the setting is Miami, Fl. yet the moutains of cailfornia can be seen in the background
Trouble With Girls, the movie is set in 1927, yet Elvis has a plastic football helmet
In Jailhouse Rock, Elvis prison number on his jacket keeps changes from scene to scene
does anyone have these kind of bloopers they could add?

"I Don't Sound Like Nobody" Thats Because Nobody Sounds Like You !

"you remember that doncha?"
Later Elton ^j^

ColinB
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Movie bloopers

Post by ColinB »

Elton wrote:Love Me Tender, an automobile was seen out the window in the bedroom scene with Debra and Elvis, also a set of drums was used in LMT that was set in 1865.

I've heard of this car headlights thing, but have never actually seen it in the film !

Double Trouble, has a greyhound moving van is seen taking place in Brussels,Belgium
Clambake, the setting is Miami, Fl. yet the moutains of cailfornia can be seen in the background
Trouble With Girls, the movie is set in 1927, yet Elvis has a plastic football helmet

In Jailhouse Rock, Elvis prison number on his jacket keeps changes from scene to scene

I think it's just that his 'real' prison number, and his 'showbiz' one are one digit different !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

In Europe (and Asia and such) we did not know there were no hills in Florida. It was just great fun three times a year seeing a new Elvis movie.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Luuk wrote:In Europe (and Asia and such) we did not know there were no hills in Florida. It was just great fun three times a year seeing a new Elvis movie.
There's hills in California? :lol:

Jove
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Re: Movie bloopers

Post by Jove »

Elton wrote:In Jailhouse Rock, Elvis prison number on his jacket keeps changes from scene to scene
So does the 'Baby, I don't Care' scene, some of the footage has Scotty Moore with shades, some don't.

The zipper was an invention during the 1910s,I think there wwas a scene wherein the Reno brothers were shown zipping their uniforms.

Scratch me now a little lower

Steve Morse
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Steve Morse »

And what about that white jumpsuit Elvis wore in the wedding scene, in Blue Hawaii - surely they weren't invented until years later ?

The costume department must have had powers to see into the future !

Steve Morse

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

Greybeard

movie bloopers

Post by Greybeard »

check out the closing musical sequence in "Kissin' Cousin's" as the two Elvises get ready to head for the haystack you can clearly see Elvis' stunt double Lance LeGault as the blonde Elvis.

On the " Love Me Tender" blooper (car headlights)- has anyone ever verified this? If so could a screen cap be posted, I've never been able to locate it.

Greybeard

ColinB

Re: movie bloopers

Post by ColinB »

Greybeard wrote:On the " Love Me Tender" blooper (car headlights)- has anyone ever verified this?
If so could a screen cap be posted, I've never been able to locate it.
Someone should just pinpoint how far into the film it occurs.

Then we can check it out for ourselves.

A screencap is too easy to fake !

I've never been able to see it.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

eric
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by eric »

Jailhouse Rock- In the record partnership deal,Shores mentioned that the "40% participant failed to telephone the 60 % partner,i.e, peggy failed to call Vince.Howerver ,Shores was a 9 % partner in the firm,which left Vince with 51% percent of the company,not 60%.

Blue Hawaii- In a scene at the pineapple fields,the car door is open in one camera shot,but closed in the next shot.

Kissin Cousins- on the phone,reporter Dixie thanked a Mr Billingsley for a tip,yet a few scens later she refered to him as Mr Billings.

Kissin Cousins- jeep driven by Elvis was to Smokey Mts had a serial # 11a-3142491.in a later scene the same jeep was used by Gen Donford to drive the Mt's.

Roustabout- On a blackboard outside the girlie show,it sais the next show was 9:30,a few mins later,the same blackboard had the next show at 8:30

Clambake- Elvis and Shelly sat around at the beach at sunset in one scene,since the ocean is east of Miami beach,the sun would have had to have been rising,not setting.

Trouble with girls- the narrator inn the opening said"janet Gaynor just won the first oscar,the film was set in 1927,the first Academy awards was in 1929.
In a scene a kid did a Donald Duck impression,but Donald Duck was not created untill 1936.

Change of habit- in Opening credits ,a sign advertised KDAY radio,a Los Angeles station,the film was set in new york.

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

You DO get a chance to enjoy some of these films, too, I hope! :D

The headlights scene in "Love Me Tender" has always eluded me, too. Then again, it's not one of my favorite Elvis films, so I have seen it only a handful of times.

Tits McGhee
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by Tits McGhee »

I don't believe the car headlights scene in LMT exists. This was reported in some book years ago and continues to be repeated by lazy writers.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

I just enjoy the movies and try not to sweat the small stuff. BTW Elvis' electric guitar always sounds great even though it's hardly ever plugged in. And his acoustic is often very "electrifying".

All movies(even the budget busters) have bloopers.

mjsantafe
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Clambake trivia

Post by mjsantafe »

Not really a blooper but in Clambake during the scene where Elvis is sitting at the bar with Shelley Fabre, the actor Lee Majors can be seen in an uncredited cameo as a waiter with large mustache.
How do I know this for sure? I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the set that day. I was 8 years old at the time. Elvis was nice enough to say "hello sir" to me as he walked by, for which my mother thanked him.Image
Last edited by mjsantafe on Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Nice story! I always enjoyed Lee Majors...
ImageImage

Terrific topic, by the way. I notice that Jailhouse Rock one the most, and I thought his shoes changed to Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers, too but I could be wrong. In either case, the edit is rather abrupt.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

TONY

SKY CHANGE

Post by TONY »

In "Blue Hawaii", during the pineapple scene/conversation with Ellie in the car, the colour of the sky changes dramatically from each angle; This is an indication that this scene was shot on more than 1 day!

likethebike

Post by likethebike »

The LMT headlights thing is most probably a myth. I looked that scene over six ways to Sunday on my DVD using the zoom option and couldn't find anything. Even more they were most probably indoors on a soundstage not at a real house making it extremely unlikely that a car could be seen outside.

The JHR- 60 percent comment isn't really a blooper. It's more just short hand for Mr. Shores who is basically referring to the original partnership.

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

Picking up from what Jerry says above, I lik the way that Elvis' acoustic guitar sounds like an entire band at the beginning of 'No More' in Blue Hawaii. I like the way Elvis' hair goes from wet and flat to dry in the space of about 20 seconds when he and Joan Blackman come out of the sea in the same film. Not really bloopers but fun all the same.

I might have mentioned this before but has anyone else noticed the small speedboat go under the bow of the Westwind in Girls Girls Girls? It's near the end where they are picked up by a boat and taken inland - and then smack straight into the hull of the bigger boat. It looks quite serious to be honest

Andrew

Steve Morse

Post by Steve Morse »

Yes, Andrew, that boat "accident" makes me shudder, whenever I see it.

Someone sure had a very close escape from death.

Steve Morse

Steve Morse

Post by Steve Morse »

The "continuity" in the closing minutes of Tickle Me is very poor, as Lonnie and Pam are driving away to the music of Slowly But Surely. The trailing tin bath, or whatever it is, appears/disappears ; Lonnie and Pam are close together and then feet (distance!) apart.

Excuse for someone to post pictures of Jocelyn Lane (please?).

Steve Morse

Stranger in the crowd
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Stranger in the crowd »

Haven't had the time to check this one out myself, but somebody told me that in one of the dance scenes in Viva Las Vegas (I believe it's at the gym), Ann Margaret suddenly "changes" shoes in the middle of the song :)

"There must be peace and understanding some time..." (If I can dream)

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Steve Morse wrote:re: Tickle Me
Excuse for someone to post pictures of Jocelyn Lane (please?).

Steve: this should satisfy you for now:

A Jocelyn 'tribute' site:

http://jocelynlane.nstemp.com/custom2.html

And a recent thread on the topic:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17395&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=07e236c9539818356bc499a945670bcb

ImageImage
On the Edge of Reality

tupelo_boy

Post by tupelo_boy »

We haven't mentioned Elvis' obvious interest in his co-star during "The Walls Have Ears" sequence in Girls, Girls, Girls. Don't know if that counts as a blooper :wink:

Geoff

tupelo boy

If I could you know that I would fly away with you.

Head of The Harum Scarum Soundtrack Appreciation Society - Camp Classic Division

Gregory Nolan Jr.

It wasn't scripted so I'd say that "interest" qualifies. :lol:

Consider it "improvisation."

ImageImage
On the Edge of Reality

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

Stranger in the crowd wrote:...somebody told me that in one of the dance scenes in Viva Las Vegas, Ann Margaret suddenly "changes" shoes in the middle of the song :)

Ann-Margret has feet? Who knew.

Daryl
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by Daryl »

Hello,

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Fun In Acapulco one in which prior to the Elvis' dive into the water, his hair is perfect, then after the dive, you see a cutaway shot of Elvis in the water with his hair all messed up. Then after he climbs back to where he dove from, his hair is perfect again.

Daryl