All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:41 pm

Is it many outtakes from The wonderful world of christmas album?

I've just heard one outtake and that's Elvis' vocal during "The Wonderful World of christmas".

I would love to hear more christmas stuff!! :wink:

X RATED

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:03 am

There were 10 takes of "Winter wonderland" and one of them is a humourous X- Rated version!

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:06 am

Oh cool..

Which cd's can i get these outtakes?

Is there more christmas outtakes?

Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:53 am

It didn't bother me that there was only 12 minutes or whatever of unreleased outtakes. I leave worrying about stuff like that to the
FAN(atics). It did bother me that the overall sound quality was crap.
Especially the original album tracks. Hence much of the criticism about the Today FTD release.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:40 am

JerryNodak wrote:It didn't bother me that there was only 12 minutes or whatever of unreleased outtakes. I leave worrying about stuff like that to the
FAN(atics). It did bother me that the overall sound quality was crap.
Especially the original album tracks. Hence much of the criticism about the Today FTD release.

The sound quality would have been alright if they had actually matched the levels of the album tracks with the outtakes.

To be honest if you're going to slap on outtakes after the main album you either need to mix the outtakes so they are faithfull to the master mixes or remix the masters so they match up to the outtakes. The 2000 issue of Promised Land shows how this works really well for the masters are remixed and can be placed side by side with the outtakes from these sessions and actually fit well.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:10 am

JerryNodak wrote:It did bother me that the overall sound quality was crap. Especially the original album tracks. Hence much of the criticism about the Today FTD release.

If you ever get around to compare the original album masters on the FTD release with the same material as found on recent DSD compilations that BMG has issued you will find they sound exactly the same! I would say they are even from the same mastering session (probably all transferred by Sony in one batch). Might I suggest that it is the juxtaposition of outtakes right next to original album masters that makes you perceive the original album masters sounding inferior? I guess from a sequencing perspective it would have made more sense if one disc contained the original album masters and first session mixes, and the second disc just the outtakes. Besides, with the advent of CD-R's just go and resequence them yourself if you don't agree with the original sequencing, that's really not a valid criticism in my view.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:17 am

Matthew: Good points. I agree.

thenexte: I don't believe in copies. I buy another original if I need one for the car, boat, camper, whatever. I live with the shortcomings of the original no matter how maddening.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:47 pm

Hi there!! :cry: :cry: :cry:.

Yes, I´m happy with the new October and November FTD releases 8) 8) 8), but I really wanted The Nashville 1971 cd :x :x. The last chance will be December 2006, but I doubt it :roll: :roll: :roll:. Bye for now. :wink: :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:10 am

well Nashville 1971 would make an excellent release in 2007 now! :roll:

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:08 am

i hope we get everything that was recorded unedited from 1970- 1971 including outtakes,undubbed masters,jams.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:03 am

Yes, please bring on Nashville, 1971!!! It is long overdue!

TCB

Randall