All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

NASHVILLE 1971 FTD CD RELEASE NOW, PLEASE!!

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:33 pm

Hi everybody there!! :D :D :D.

I wanted with this topic to start a petition to Ernst Jorgensen/Roger Semon for a new Nashville 1971 FTD cd release 8) 8) 8), like the wonderful Nashville Marathon FTD cd, before this year ends. This is because for the last few years a lot of Elvis fans, me including, have been asking for this release and although there were rumors that it would have been released at the end of last year and the year before, it had not. According what Ernst Jorgensen/Roger Semon have stated officially that this is the last year that we will have regular releases of RCA studio material in between, from next year on we will have soundboards, Classic Albums and Soundtracks only. This is our last opportunity, we only 8 months ahead to make this dream come true. There are many outtakes from these sessions available as this one of the longest recording session, and there will be enough for the Classical album series. Ernst Jorgensen/Roger Semon "Thank you very much" for the last two FTD cd´s they are outstanding!!. All the best. :wink: :wink: :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:37 pm

it does seem to be a request that continually gets ignored. The non Christmas and gospel 1971 material needs a release like this as I think it will do for those tracks what Jungle Room Sessions did for the 76 recordings: present the material coherently.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:54 pm

Jay33 wrote:
Matthew wrote:it does seem to be a request that continually gets ignored. The non Christmas and gospel 1971 material needs a release like this as I think it will do for those tracks what Jungle Room Sessions did for the 76 recordings: present the material coherently.

I am not too fond of the 1971 Nashville sessions as some may be. I find it to be his weakest of all sessions from the 70's. Now I know that might upset some but to me it wasn't strong as were the Nashville sessions in June of 1970 or Stax in december 1973. There were only a few decent records that he cut there in 1971. Songs like I'm Leavin, It's Only Love, Help me Make It through The Night, We Can Make The Morning, The First Time, and Early Morning Rain. The rest were throw aways.

Such a release should also include the entire jams of "Don't think twice" and "Merry Christmas Baby"...

Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 pm

Ernst has said this sort of release was tentatively scheduled in the past. The fact that it keeps getting passed up may mean a lot of these performances will end up on Classic Album Series releases.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:11 am

The secular '71 Nashville stuff should get an FTD treatment similar to the today lp. 1 disc of the '71 masters only from the Elvis Now and Elvis lp's plus the singles. A second disc of outtakes of the same material.

I do not think it would be a good idea to give the classic album treatment to Elvis Now and Elvis. The FTD release should focus soley on the '71 material.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:23 am

I agree Mike, this should be put on the FTD label for sure.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:16 am

I agree with most people on this thread, this stuff is too good to waste on a classic album series. There should be a single FTD release and best bits made available to general public in some form.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:20 am

Pete Dube;

I agree....they should ignore the Elvis Now and Elvis album and do a 71' FTD double disc.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:58 pm

I want it BOTH ways. Elvis (Now) and Elvis '73 (Fool) released on FTD in deluxe 7 inch packaging AND a Nashville '71 cd. I'll buy all three. The rest of you can do as you please.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:09 pm

^I seriously doubt the Fool album will be released as deluxe edition. That album was thrown together by all left-overs RCa had in the can even mixing some live recordings that should have come out on Standing Room Only.

Though i'm sure purists would enjoy a second disc with all 24 takes of Padre and Love Me, Love The Life I Lead. :roll:

Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:13 pm

VOC wrote:^I seriously doubt the Fool album will be released as deluxe edition. That album was thrown together by all left-overs RCa had in the can even mixing some live recordings that should have come out on Standing Room Only.

Though i'm sure purists would enjoy a second disc with all 24 takes of Padre and Love Me, Love The Life I Lead. :roll:

Fool has music on it less than 30 minutes. If they make it to a double disc release they really have to dig up a lot of outtakes. Of course the 15 minute jam of Don't Think Twice It's All Right would help. :lol:
Last edited by Marko on Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:01 pm

^You are right about that.

I'd hope there's some creative thought going on before planning these releases.

It's near impossible to create a classic album out of "Fool" simply because it was a poor concept to begin with. It would be a mess no matter how many times you repackage it.

Those studio tracks should be put on context with other Nashville material on separate FTD-disc. thus those songs have a better chance to get some recognition.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:05 pm

VOC wrote:
Of course the 15 minute jam of Don't Think Twice It's All Right would help. :lol:

Actually, the unedited studio jam only runs to 11:25.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:26 pm

ColinB wrote:VOC wrote:
Of course the 15 minute jam of Don't Think Twice It's All Right would help. :lol:

Actually, the unedited studio jam only runs to 11:25.

Darn! Now they can only make it a single disc edition. :lol:

Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:30 pm

Maybe FTD could put out one disc with all the secular masters undubbed and another disc with outtakes.

Far from my favourite sessions, though. So much of the material is boring and second rate ballads (not a decent rocker in sight!) and Elvis is in poor voice.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:54 pm

JerryNodak wrote:I want it BOTH ways. Elvis (Now) and Elvis '73 (Fool) released on FTD in deluxe 7 inch packaging AND a Nashville '71 cd. I'll buy all three. The rest of you can do as you please.

"Elvis Now" and "Elvis Fool" are *classic* Elvis albums? I beg to differ here. They are anything but classic Elvis albums, both were merely collections of leftovers from different sessions. Combining the '71 outtakes on a single FTD disc would probably make some sense, but there is really no need to reissue albums on the FTD label that never should have been albums in the first place.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:24 am

But, they were albums. AND I'd like them released on FTD for the packaging. I won't commit suicide if they don't release them. I would just like them that way. If they release Nashville '71 instead, fine.

Speaking of "Classic" albums: Raised on Rock certainly isn't one and I'll bet that it gets the FTD treatment. Which is fine with me.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:53 am

JerryNodak wrote:Speaking of "Classic" albums: Raised on Rock certainly isn't one and I'll bet that it gets the FTD treatment. Which is fine with me.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, especially in light of the recent "Made in Memphis" FTD release. The label has now pretty much exhausted whatever was left in the archives from the '69, '73 or '76 sessions. Are two hours of officially released outtakes from *each* of these sessions not enough? I would really hope they extend the classic treatment to more "classic" albums in the future (such as "King Creole" or "Jailhouse Rock"/"Love Me Tender", "Pot luck", etc.). Stuff that is highly regarded among Elvis fans and really benefits from this treatment...

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:23 am

As for King Creole or JR/LMT: Personally, I'm not interested. Now, Pot Luck is a different matter entirely.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:31 am

According to Ernst in an interview a while back, the '71 studio material outtakes has already been put on the CD master and is ready for release at anytime. Only a matter of when. My guess is that material will be spread out on Elvis Now 2 CD set as well as "Love Letters From Elvis" FTD.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:18 am

I seriously doubt the Fool album will be released as deluxe edition. That album was thrown together by all left-overs RCa had in the can even mixing some live recordings that should have come out on Standing Room Only.

If FTD can issue a deluxe edition of 'Tickle Me', then anything is possible. Plan on being surprised by some of the choices for deluxe edition treatment.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:27 am

midnightx wrote:
I seriously doubt the Fool album will be released as deluxe edition. That album was thrown together by all left-overs RCa had in the can even mixing some live recordings that should have come out on Standing Room Only.

If FTD can issue a deluxe edition of 'Tickle Me', then anything is possible.

Good point considering that there wasn't a soundtrack album for that particular film.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:57 am

the two orignal release of and elvis now is crap.
should have been called elvis now and then.
they overlooked the great 71 masters for unused masters from 69 and 70.
and only a few 71 masters.
this release was just as bad as the seprate ways and burning love camden lps.