All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:33 am

Rob wrote:There's no way I would have left Macon on a Saturday afternoon knowing Elvis was going to put on another show that same evening.

That would be a crazy thing to do :shock: . I know I wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:38 pm

Jay33 wrote:I have just added a new page to my site. It's under "my other Elvis pages". It's for the Aloha From Hawaii concert. Since there's not an official AFH website I thought I would do my own page dedicated to it. Also, if you have any ideas for a new page that you think I should make, let me know and I will see what I like and what would be interesting and needed. Thanks for all the support you have given me for my site. :)

http://www.geocities.com/jay_m256/Aloha73.html


Congratulations buddy!!! Very nice! :wink:

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:59 pm

In the "behind the scenes" section you state Elvis sang a line of "I'm never gonna cease my wonderland" backstage in Little Rock, the correct title is "I'm never gonna cease my WANDERING". The incorrect title first appeared on the cover of an On Tour bootleg I believe and has been circulating ever since. Otherwise a great effort on the website :D

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:56 am

Jay33 wrote:Thanks! :) I am going to do other Elvis pages to add to the front page section of my Elvis On Tour site. I am only focusing on the early 70's. Any ideas?


Maybe the 1970 tours....the great 1971 tour would be welcome too!

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:45 pm

Rob wrote:There's no way I would have left Macon on a Saturday afternoon knowing Elvis was going to put on another show that same evening.

Well, I had been to two shows in 36 hours, but you're probably right I should have stayed. I was with a couple of non/casual fans and doubt they would have wanted to hang around without tickets to the evening show. A few years later I attended an afternoon show in Charlotte and then hung around for the evening show and bought tickets outside just before showtime and these ended up bring the best seats I ever had for an Elvis show, so I guess I kinda redeemed myself, LOL.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:45 am

HungerMoon wrote:In the "behind the scenes" section you state Elvis sang a line of "I'm never gonna cease my wonderland" backstage in Little Rock, the correct title is "I'm never gonna cease my WANDERING". The incorrect title first appeared on the cover of an On Tour bootleg I believe and has been circulating ever since. Otherwise a great effort on the website :D


Damn, he misses 1 word and you're all over it :roll: . So what. Give the guy credit where credit is due. I like to see some of you here put together a site like he's got. His site ROCKS! I even gave a link to it from a DC site so that non Elvis fans of DC could see it out of curiosity.

Hope you don't mind Jay. :wink: .

Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:50 am

Jay33 wrote:Thanks! :) I am going to do other Elvis pages to add to the front page section of my Elvis On Tour site. I am only focusing on the early 70's. Any ideas?


How about a page for the 69 Memphis Sessions? :wink:

Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:32 am

Well, you do have to admit that I'm never gonna cease my Wonderland is pretty strange. That's one I've not heard before.

Someone please explain what that means.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:57 pm

Well, guess Lakeisha didn't see my GREAT EFFORT statement, if that isn't giving credit I don't know what is.. As for my correcting Jay on the song title it was only my intention to lend a hand in making the site as correct as possible. A shame to have an otherwise great site flawed by incorrect information no matter how small the mistake. Nothing more serious behind it than that, so no reason to cry foul play :D

Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:38 am

deleted

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:19 pm

[quote="Jay33"]Thanks for the nice compliments Lakiesha. And no I don't mind you spreading my website around. The more the merrier. :D [/quoteI have to be honest i've done the same thing.Only because it is so good. 8) 8)