All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:25 pm

Your site is really great!! Keep up the good work.

I´m sure everyone is enjoying. :wink:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:26 pm

Jay33 wrote:To be honest I'm surprised no one has ever done one devoted to the 1973 Aloha From Hawaii. You would think someone would have done one on that by now over the years since it was one of the top the highlight performances of his career.

You're right about that, Jay. The job's yours. Get to work! :lol:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm

Jay -
I noticed an error in the members of the Stamps. At that time the members were: Ed Enoch, Bill Baize, Richard Sterben, Donny Sumner (and of course J.D.).

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:06 pm

Jay33 wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:Jay -
I noticed an error in the members of the Stamps. At that time the members were: Ed Enoch, Bill Baize, Richard Sterben, Donny Sumner (and of course J.D.).

Larry Strickland is in Elvis On Tour as a member of The Stamps. He later joined the Oakridge Boys.

If you've got the Italian-looking guy in mind, Jay, I'm pretty sure that's Richard Sterben. At least that's the name given in Tunzi's Elvis Sessions. And if memory serves it's Sterben who joined the Oak Ridge Boys. According to Elvis Sessions Sterben is listed as one of the Stamps for all the '72 recordings. In addition, when Elvis introduces the band at MSG he names Rich, Bill, Ed, and Donny. No Larry.

I'm just trying to be helpful Jay.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:19 pm

Just thought of something else. At one point during a song (can't remember which one, maybe Polk Salad Annie?) Elvis looks in the direction of the backing singers and says "C'mere Rich."

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:08 pm

Yes, it was during Polk Salad Annie where Elvis said this.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:33 pm

Jay33 wrote:Larry Strickland is in Elvis On Tour as a member of The Stamps. He later joined the Oakridge Boys.

Larry didn't join the Stamps until later on in the 1970s. The members of the Stamps during the filming of Elvis On Tour were:

J.D. Sumner
Richard Sterban
Ed Enoch
Donnie Sumner
Bill Baize

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:35 am

Tony Trout wrote:
Jay33 wrote:Larry Strickland is in Elvis On Tour as a member of The Stamps. He later joined the Oakridge Boys.

Larry didn't join the Stamps until later on in the 1970s. The members of the Stamps during the filming of Elvis On Tour were:

J.D. Sumner
Richard Sterban
Ed Enoch
Donnie Sumner
Bill Baize

You are right. Richard left the Stamps in 1972 to become the bass singer for the Oaks.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:59 pm

Jay33 wrote:So then Richard joined the Oaks, then Larry Strickland took his place in The Stamps right? Then Larry replaced Richard as bass singer in the Oaks? Is this correct? I grew up loving Elvira.

"A boom bop a boom bop a mow mow" :lol:

I think that first part is correct, but I'm not sure because there's a guy in the Stamps that is right next to J.D. during the Aloha show that, to me, looks nothing like Larry Strickland. And no, Larry has never been a member of the Oak Ridge boys as far as I know. Richard Sterban has always been their bass singer since after he left the Stamps.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:20 pm

Jay33 wrote:To be honest I'm surprised no one has ever done one devoted to the 1973 Aloha From Hawaii. You would think someone would have done one on that by now over the years since it was one of the top the highlight performances of his career.

This page has some cool pics of Aloha...

http://www.tcb-world.com/elvispictures/Aloha%20New/Aloha%20Main%20Index%20Home.html

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:24 pm

Thanks khoots for that webpage, wow there are some awesome pictures there :lol: , especially the backstage shots.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:04 pm

Cool site! Keep up the good work!

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:16 am

Jay-i don't know if you have noticed, but the review for Greensboro you wanted is in the review section on this site

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:24 pm

I agree Jay, he does looks like himself from 1969, cool. 8)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:22 am

Jay33 wrote:Wow those are some nice pictures backstage before the Aloha concert. He looks like the 1969 Elvis in this one.

Elvis looks soo damn hott in this pic it's not funny! When was this taken? It sure does look like '69 to me too. Yummy. :D

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:08 am

Lakeisha-
This picture was taken before Elvis' Aloha From Hawaii performance backstage.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:50 am

Nice site Jay! A couple of things. Macon had 2 shows. In the Charlotte picture on the front page, the jumpsuit looks light blue, if it is light blue then it's not Charlotte as he definitely wore white that night. I was there and will never forget it.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:11 am

Yes Jay, Macon did have two shows. It was Saturday the 15th and I was lucky enough to attend the afternoon show in Macon in addition to the Charlotte show.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:18 am

There's no way I would have left Macon on a Saturday afternoon knowing Elvis was going to put on another show that same evening.