All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:48 am

woodleyjohn wrote:Some are awful, some aren't, but it's only your opinion, which counts for less than nothing.

How can something count for LESS than nothing? Does that make Doc's opinion a minus value? And what does that mean? Is he the antimatter of the Elvis world? Help me out here!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:43 pm

Cryogenic wrote:
woodleyjohn wrote:Some are awful, some aren't, but it's only your opinion, which counts for less than nothing.

How can something count for LESS than nothing? Does that make Doc's opinion a minus value? And what does that mean? Is he the antimatter of the Elvis world? Help me out here!

It's just a figure of speech, Cryo !

When it comes to deciding what is a 'bad' song, it's all a matter of personal taste and opinion.

John was simply pointing out that one poster's ideas on the subject are not likely to be shared by all of the others.

'Antimatter' ?

Some might think 'AntiChrist' !

Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:30 pm

ColinB wrote:It's just a figure of speech, Cryo !

Does your sense of humour only extend to your own jokes?

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:33 pm

Cryogenic wrote:"Songbird" has such quiet little lyrics and such a mellifluous delivery by Elvis that it's one of my personal favourites. Perhaps it's not overlooked, per se, but this one is never far from my ear.

Elvis covered Fleetwood Mac? Awesome! :shock:

Axe

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:47 pm

One of the first songs I ever heard was IT´S YOUR BABY, YOU ROCK IT (from the great Elvis In Nashville LP that included some really interesting liner notes). Since then, I´ve always enjoyed listening to that one; the vocals are superb and although it is a country tune, it still has a nice rock feeling. It´s the kind of gem that the general public unknows.