All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:43 pm

No question that EP was on drugs. But at least the level of his druguse was low enough that he acted fairly normal. It could have been worse...

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:48 pm

Well, that is just what I wanted to say.. pretty much clean.. not completely. I know better..

Anway, I may have missed this one, but why was E disapointed about Larry Geller in'77?

Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:31 pm

I just wish EP could have just stayed there for a year, just take an extended break, away from the crowds, away from the madness. He needed it, he deserved it considering how hard he worked for most of his adult life.

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:49 pm

OUCH when Elvisbabe has turned on me an pulls the Goldman card I gotta quit! Just my observation though.

XXXXXXXx

Hey Doc, why don't you kindlygo sit on a tac! You have called me every name in the book, and I am supposed to be stalking you. :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:04 pm

genesim wrote:OUCH when Elvisbabe has turned on me an pulls the Goldman card I gotta quit!

Good move.

DJC

Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:11 am

Joe Car wrote:I just wish EP could have just stayed there for a year, just take an extended break, away from the crowds, away from the madness. He needed it, he deserved it considering how hard he worked for most of his adult life.

I wish this too, how Elvis was in such a dire need for a loooonnnng rest. He should have taken '76 completely off got him self back into shape, regrouped and revamped and came out and really blew our minds again in '77... if only... one can dream and speculate now... for what is IS... and written in stone forever now.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:14 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
genesim wrote:OUCH when Elvisbabe has turned on me an pulls the Goldman card I gotta quit!

Good move.

DJC

ass hole

Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:18 am

genesim wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Good move.

DJC

ass hole

Are you gonna start polluting the "All Elvis" section now that your not getting enough attention in the "Off Topic" section??? :roll: :roll:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:10 am

Like any cancer it can spread if not terminated early on.

I hope it's not too late.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:30 am

I knew it JEFF, YOU COULDN'T STICK TO THE AGREEMENT. Just got to stick your nose in where it doesn't belong.

Gee how long did it last? 2 days??? You aren't worth your word. That is how a coward works.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let it be known, I did not break the peace today.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Steve,

As for the rest.

Was it I that started the name calling. NOPE. It was Doc. So I respond, and now it is a big problem. I see the rules don't exist for certain specialty members.

I can't have an opinion, without certain people calling names and trying to hit as low as possible.

Hell I even folded and the Doc couldn't give it a rest.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:18 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Good move.

DJC

The doc praises you for your words and says what a good move you declared you'd make. He was responding to your words in a nice manner, no name calling or anything.

You respond with:

genesim wrote:ass hole

As for this:

genesim wrote:So I respond, and now it is a big problem. I see the rules don't exist for certain specialty members.

Well I'm glad you see there is a big problem.
I'm glad you can see the rules clearly.

I hope you will now act accordingly now that you've demonstrated your awareness of the situation.

Whilst a cancer is managable people can live reasonably happily, when it starts to spread then that's when it turns ugly.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:26 am

Steve_M that wasn't praise that was being exactly what I called him as he implied I was an idiot and calling me "ignorant" for having a opinion a few posts back.

His condescending remark just couldn't be helped and you fell for it.

You wanna know where the "problem" (or your crude statement about Cancer-which I'll ask you to stop comparing it to), that is where it started.

If you are asking me not to defend myself when personal statements like that are made to me, then you are asking too much.

Where were you when those statements were made above against me?

Agree or disagree, that crap has no place on this board.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:27 am

genesim wrote:... crap has no place on this board.

I certainly agree. When are you leaving (again)?

DJC

Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:59 am

When you become a decent human being....so I guess that would be never. 8)

Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:59 pm

Genesim, calling someone ignorant is not being offensive, it may or may not be true about that person but it is not offensive. Indeed you would be hard pushed to use the word about anytihng other than about a person.

I am ignorant, I do not know what it is that I do not know and that is a classic definition of ignorance, there are others.

To call someone an ass hole is purely name calling. There is no way a person can be solely that part of a body, whaeras people can be ignorant.

The cancer analogy is a good one and ask me all you like I shall not refrain from using it whilst it does a very good job of describing your spread from the Off Topic section to the All Elvis section.

Ask yourself this question, "What is the common denominator that is present in these types of fueding threads on the All Elvis and Off Topic forums ?"
If the Doc is correct regarding ignorance then you may not know the answer. If he is incorrect then two things should happen, the first is you'll answer correctly and the second is that you'll act on your newfound knowledge and the "problem" will be solved. Or as you prefer i don't put it: The tumour will be removed.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:37 pm

I noticed you bucked around IDIOT as well.

Shall I give a laundry list of the other names he has called people?

"What is the common denominator that is present in these types of fueding threads on the All Elvis and Off Topic forums ?"

That would be the Doc. Not only with feuds I have been involved in, but others as well.

So true or not, do you really think calling someone IGNORANT is treating the other person with respect? Can you not understand how someone would be offended by this?

The definition of an "ass hole" is actually more then that part of the body. It is an accepted slang, and thus I was only trying to be truthful. Or better yet, he was acting like one. Do you get it now?

To call someone an ass hole is purely name calling. There is no way a person can be solely that part of a body, whaeras people can be ignorant.

From Merium:

Ass hole:

2. a usually vulgar : a stupid, incompetent, or detestable person

Still be that as it may, I was reacting to personal statements towards me.

#1 I still believe Elvis was as high as a kite in those pics, and it could very well be true. Doc on the other hand says I am ignorant for saying such a thing, when he has no proof that I am wrong.

How can he seriously disprove an opinion?

The ignorance is actually making an assumption about something you know nothing about. Anybody that knows me and my love for everything Elvis will see that the Doc is mistaken.

Still you upholding the Doc's "ignorant" and "idiots" statement shows how you are gonna favor him whatever the cost.

As far as the statement that I spread like a disease to a forum which as a member I have right to post at is also low. I have been here for over 7 years and I am particularly disgusted considering it has only been in recent times that I haven't posted as much. Big deal. I should be able to post where I want.

The name calling on this thread or others, did not start with me. Reprimand the person that started it!

As for the rest, I am done with this BS. Go harp on someone else. Face it the Doc was wrong, he didn't treat me with respect, and he hasn't treated others. But of course who do you give the lashing...me the person that took offense and protected myself. Par to course.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:25 pm

I didn't want you to demonstrate so well what i was saying, but thanks for being comprehensive about it.

Next question is, are you now going to make good your claim and go (again) ?

to make this easy for you, the answer is one of those below:

A: Yes
B: No
C: I'm ignorant and do not know.

Just A,B, or C will be more than suffice.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:32 pm

You hear that wind blowing....I think it just went over your head.

Leaving this thread Yes. Leaving the board No....unless I am made to.

Your move.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:37 pm

I'll leave it for the others to decide. I gave you a thought out answer and all you have to give is some stupid put down.

Pal, you are ignorant. Ignorant of all that it is fair.

The very definition of ignorant.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:48 pm

No actually according to the rules respect should be given at all times. Not when someone sees fit. Not when a mood strikes ya...etc.

I do not have to "earn" my respect when I start posting. As long as I post in a respectful matter...i.e. not treating others with disrespect, I should recieve it in return.

Of course when someone calls people idiots and morons, this clearly breaks the rule.

My statements get fired back only after this has first happened.

p.s. I didn't say WHEN I would leave the thread. :roll:

p.p.s. Put the quotation marks around the name. geez Makes it easier to read.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:22 pm

I have been reading this thread and I have noticed one thing.

Steve M is so totally clueless as to the passive aggressive sarcasm of the doc.

And because of this Genesims is the brunt of his anger.

Genesims has been trying to defend himself but its getting frustrating for him because sides are being taken for whatever reason. Ignorance maybe?

The word "igorant" is not offensive by itself, but I can see how people can take offense to it.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:23 pm

why do you keep opening up other facets of it and run and hide from the fundamentals of it ?

And then after that the contradicitons begin all the way up to bringing up an off topic???

I have never denied that I called him that name. I admit it whole heartedly. Never said it was FALSE.

Yet, you cannot accept the fact that my name could actually be true for the Doc. You deny the definition even when spelled out right in front of your face.

Why are you reprimanding me more then the first person to break the rule? Why does your rule of ....uh if its true....not stand for the "A" word, when I put the definition up? Are you still holding on to the fact that it has to be that body part??? You have to admit that was pretty lame. :roll:

As for the rest...more of that smokescreen. You cannot come out good in this part, so you have to bring up the past. Which I have defended to no end, and you ran then too.

Lets stick to the subject at hand. The problem was the Doc called me "ignorant" and referred to me as being part of the "idiots" that write on the board.

When you came out and started attacking me, why is it that you started with me first?

Was it because of a personal issue? In which case, how could you possibly be a fair judge?

The best way to solve a problem, is handle each...one at a time. The problem started because Doc didn't like what I had to say. So instead of being civilized, he gets personal.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:26 pm

Thank you ekenee

Steve M is so totally clueless as to the passive aggressive sarcasm of the doc.

Sadly, I don't think this is so.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:15 pm

The point i'm making about Genesim is to find out if what he says is true or false.

So there is no such investigation about the Docs claims?

Right...thats fair.

The facts are that Doc made the offensive comments first and that is the person that started the whole "rant". There is nothing false about my comments.

Calling me an ignorant person or having ignorant views about this subject is a matter of opinion.

Something you yourself may agree with...but what is that really saying?

You think a person that says someone is an "A" is referring to them being a body part..and you further will use this as the basis of how it could never be true? How could I argue that with YOU? How can you actually function with a mentality like that?

I like to think you were just being sarcastic, but who knows.

The lesson for the future is to attack the person that started the problem who name called and made offensive statements about another poster.
You are trying to preach to me that I should actually take being called ignorant because it is true?

Again, why not preach to the person that made the offensive statement?

I got a better one, give me examples of where I have been ignorant in this case? How is me saying that I THINK Elvis looked high as a kite in each and every picture given what I do know about Elvis, and my experience seeing people that are high on prescription drugs in my field?

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:27 pm

Gene, i would`nt waste anymore time with Steve_M, as he has only had eyes for the Doc since day one.

This guy has his own agenda, and will only be happy way you leave the board. This high and mighty attitude has been obvious since day one.