All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Take it "Off-topic," gents :!: :lol:
Jove wrote:And here's the latest ...

Who guitarist Pete Townshend has slammed reports that he criticised Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley and The Band.

Contactmusic.com quoted Townshend as insisting that he never had any intention of speaking badly of the super stars.

He reportedly said in a recent interview: "Dylan's rock 'n' roll was silly. He couldn't play rock 'n' roll."

Now he explains: "I was trying to show how in Britain in the early 60s we looked at the old guard of 'white' rock 'n' roll (even Elvis) as almost washed up. Dylan doesn't need my puffs, but neither should he or The Band be subject to slurs I didn't intend to make."

http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=86731

Thanks for that info, Jove. It's nice to know that this minor uproar "got back" to Pete.

I don't know about his troubled personal life, but here he's showing some class.

P.S.
Ezz, I was reminded this weekend that Steve McQueen knew Kung Fu (via Bruce Lee) and would have easily taken Mr. Moon ... :wink:

I did see that magazine cover "Rebel" mentioned: nice to see the "Elvis" button on Moon. I'd forgotten about that.
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

Getlo
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Getlo »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Getlo wrote:How can you defend Townshend?
Um, because he's one of the greats of rock'n'roll?

Wonderful to have you back.

DJC
I will have to disagree with your comments on 'the greats of rock 'n' roll' The group are - but he would be nothing without the group.

Thank you Doc, it's nice to be back. I have missed our banter.

Getlo