Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

CHRISTIAN M

Post by CHRISTIAN M »

HI Patrick
My source is warner international video dept office
i have withe my work some contact withe MOVIES AND TV majors companies

http://elvis-rare-footage.forumactif.com/viewtopic.forum?t=79
christian M

BUY TOP PRICE , AND TRADE ALL UNEDITED OR RARE ELVIS FOOTAGE SEND ME PM !!!

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

I don't care so much for EOT :wink: but what about the six remaining Elvis films (Kissin' Cousins etc.)? Are they coming out this year? I've heard some rumblings... 8)

patrick

Post by patrick »

Thanks Christian, for all that info and pics. I never thought you just talked about the on tour movie...but i think we all aere getting a little tired off those rumours going around. It's very good to hear that something is coming this year. I only think it's a little strange that nothing is said about this big project from MGM by MGM..
I think that they don't want to make the same mistake as they did with TTWII SE movie..
Please post any new news...as soon as you know something new...

TONY

ON TOUR

Post by TONY »

Once again, if you have the so called "Pakistani" dvd of "On tour" that was on sale at Mablethorpe in 2004, you don't need to wait for a more "official" version; That one is perfect in sound and picture quality! It has a scene/song index, trailer, plus a rare interview bonus CD!! Thank you the UK Fan club for stocking this one!

Marko

Post by Marko »

The import dvd is great but it's not perfect. It has no Dolby Surround 5.1 and picture is not anamorphic ws. It'll do for the time being but it's no substitute for a prober release.

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

With the exception of EPE’s 68 and Aloha DVD’s we always get short changed when it comes to Elvis DVD’s.

Here we have a film that is now 34 years old, that many fans will have already bought on video (on more than one occasion) in the past, and when it finally gets an official DVD release it comes without extras, and with questionable sound quality.

The big companies like to complain about the bootleggers and loss of profits, but its their own short-sightedness and lack of initiative that creates a demand for bootleg products in the first place.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

rockinrebel wrote:

The big companies like to complain about the bootleggers and loss of profits, but its their own short-sightedness and lack of initiative that creates a demand for bootleg products in the first place.
You are so right !

I would add sheer greed to your list also.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Beware that technically any widescreen version of On Tour is either going to mean a stretched picture although no one would try that on these days, or a loss of part of the picture due to the format it was filmed in.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Steve_M wrote:Beware that technically any widescreen version of On Tour is either going to mean a stretched picture although no one would try that on these days, or a loss of part of the picture due to the format it was filmed in.
It was filmed in 2:35:1 ratio.

Same as TTWII.

Surely these films can be viewed on a widescreen tv without picture loss ?

There will be a black band top & bottom, but the picture will all be there, won't it ?

I can't keep up with all these technological things.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

It was filmed with 16mm cameras(not panavision) and then transfered to 35mm for theater viewing in 2.35:1 aspect or 16x9 BUT only to put more than one(16mm) image at a time. So it works out fine those close to being square images on a rectangle(widescreen format) and on those moments that only one image is shown it fills a center square on the widescreen with large black area to its left and to its right. IMO.

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Yes, that's about right JLGB.

Colin, it was filmed on 16mm which is nearly square in format.

Martin Scorcese transfered it for theatre use to 2.35:1 but he was in charge primarily of the montage work of the split screen which meant that the single angle lone shots were with loss of the top or bottom or both from the original 16mm film. It worked well for the split screens but even then there's loss many times from the angles used. This has proved to be the case with the recent out takes where the same film can be seen as was used in the original but with more of it visible on the 16mm version.