Lamar Fike interview on EIN site

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Marko
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by Marko »

I respect a person for telling the truth even if it's something I don't like. There are some MMM that tell what people want to hear. Revelations is a great book that is brutally honest. If one doesn't like it then that's their problem. Some people keep on believing in Santa Claus even after they know the truth. In Lamar's case this is a clear case of shooting a messenger. Lamar or the rest of the MM aren't saints nor do they claim to be one. They've done mistakes like Lamar with Goldman but after reading Revalations I certainly respect him for telling how things were.

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

Kylan
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by Kylan »

Look, its not about not liking it, or believing in Santa Claus bs that you come up with to defend them. Its about keeping your big trap shut if you are a FRIEND to the person you are trashing for the sake of the precious friggin truth! Pete, ur wasting ur energy because some/most just don't get it!

Marko

Post by Marko »

Kylan,

I understand what you are saying but I disagree with you.

IMO the best way to honor someone is to tell the truth in good and bad and not to hide things or lie about him. The way EPE tries to pretend that Elvis died in 1973 is pathetic. They still try to paint a rose colored picture of his life when we know it wasn't. Without knowing what went on behind the scenes during the last years of Elvis's life it pretty hard to understand Elvis's behaviour. Now we know why. It doesn't make look Elvis bad. It's more sad to see someone to distroy their life with drugs but that happens. The music sounds the same still.
Last edited by Marko on Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

Kylan
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by Kylan »

well with all due respect Marko, this topic has nothing to do with EPE and its bearing on my opinion concerning Fike and like ilk. Alot of the crap Fike and others espouse could be best left unsaid or expressed with a bit more tact and tasteful skill.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree ole buddy! :)

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Renan »

Marko,

IMO Elvis life details should be kept in secret. It was his life, where is his privacy? This is simple.

Lamar was completely mad with Elvis in the final year of Elvis life and if he was really a friend he wouldn´t do that.
The same applies for Elvis bodyguards fired in 1976;

That´s why he is hypocrite.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

dl
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by dl »

I want to know as much as possible about Elvis. That doesn't mean that I want to read horror stories (like all aspects of the scene when Elvis stumbled around completely stoned and vomited or something like that), but I want to know what this guy was all about. And if the result isn't too positive it's ok for me. Elvis was the best singer I have ever listened to, he was a hell of an entertainer and had the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. That's why I like him. And if he looks like a complete idiot to me, it's ok. I believe Lamar's stories. If not in every detail, but in general. If I would meet someone with Elvis' behaviour I surely don't want to be the friend of such a person. I'm not one of those who switch off their brains and think everything was as great as his singing. Elvis' personality has nothing to do with his voice and his art and simply to say "I don't know, I wasn't there and everyone has memory failtures or wants to establish a certain image" isn't my cup of tea, too. I'm sorry, but I'm one of those who want to know the truth, even if it shatters one or two pictures in my head. When I was a kid, Elvis was the greatest. But when I grew older (and wiser) I got to know the other side of the king. That's the way it goes. The world gets uglier, the more you learn. We call it maturity.
:idea:

Marko

Post by Marko »

Kylan wrote:well with all due respect Marko, this topic has nothing to do with EPE and its bearing on my opinion concerning Fike and like ilk. Alot of the crap Fike and others espouse could be best left unsaid or expressed with a bit more tact and tasteful skill.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree ole buddy! :)
Yes, we can agree that we do not agree ;). I was using EPE just as an example. I don't think it's any good to lie or hide things.

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Lamar Fike interview on EIN site

Post by jurasic1968 »

Lamar is biased many times, Billy Smith corrected him in many of his "stories" during the RMM book

dazzleboots
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by dazzleboots »

They are all hangers on. 35 years on and they are still living off elvis' name pathetic

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by rjm »

dazzleboots wrote:They are all hangers on. 35 years on and they are still living off elvis' name pathetic
Not Lamar. He passed on a couple years ago. I think it's time to let that go.

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by Robert »

Lamar embodied the general Memphis Mafia perception of a bunch of ignorant redneck yes men.
We know there's more behind the story but towards the general public, Lamars media performances did more wrong than right to Elvis reputation.

RIP Lamar.

matilda
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by matilda »

Robert wrote:Lamar embodied the general Memphis Mafia perception of a bunch of ignorant redneck yes men.
We know there's more behind the story but towards the general public, Lamars media performances did more wrong than right to Elvis reputation.

RIP Lamar.
well, in the revelation book he try to make himself the tough guy who often threw the uncomfortable truth in elvis face and he was so smarter than elvis was blabla....

i think he used his part in this book more as a self promotion and i think he invented some things he claimed he said to elvis during his lifetime to make him look so smart and beein able to look in elvis future when elvis was alive....

he is funny in that book...but thats about it.
i dont think of lamar that honest like say billy smith...

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

I agree.