8%
Live In Memphis
19%
In Concert
1%

Total votes : 88

Best original live album

Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:39 am

Still in poll mode...what can I say, I'm a little bored right now! I vote On Stage. 8)

Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:55 am

MSG. Will be even better when mixed again.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:00 am

Madison Square Garden is my favorite! In Concert used to be my favorite until I found out the real truth that a lot of the stuff had been overdubbed and I was really disappointed after reading that, but it's still good though.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:01 am

I voted for the Memphis album, On Stage a close second.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:06 am

In Person is my vote. Elviswas in top shape and his band was on FIRE! I know there are those that will mention various overdubbs, but that doesn't detract from this relase for me. The only issue I have with it is that is it too short!

James Burton's guitar playing never sounded better. If there is a harder rocking version of Hound Dog, I have yet to hear it. Johnny B. Good, the best version of Mystery Train/Tiger Man, probably the best live version of Suspicious Minds.

The only song that I could do without is "Are You Lonesome Tonight" and only then because of the Millie Kirkham warbling during the spoken portion of the song.

The thing that makes this CD stand apart from other live releases for me is simply Elvis' drive and excitement to be performing live again, giving every song his all, with one helluva band!

Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:29 am

As much as I love Live At MSG (it was the 1st Elvis album I ever owned), I have to go with On Stage, because the songs performed on that cd are magnificant, especially Let It Be Me, The Wonder Of You, Polk Salad Annie, and the rocking C.C. Rider.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:27 am

oh come on, that is too hard!

MSG is one of my favourite concerts, he is just electric that night! but i also like EIC because of the amount of material it gives and Elvis's voice is very strong, and 'bellowy'. live on stage in Memphis, original album, well if only they'd put it out as an original album in ENTIRETY, i would include it

ok i'm gonna have to go MSG, i mean a just over 50 minute performance leaves a bit more to be desired, but the electricity of that show and the professionalism just wins it over for me

and yes, we need an upgrade for it! :D

Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:33 am

I voted for MADISON SQ. GARDEN

IN PERSON would be my second choice... :wink:

Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:32 am

Live on stage in Memphis....with Madison a close second....

Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:54 am

NightRider wrote:Live on stage in Memphis....with Madison a close second....

Agreed...with In Person 3rd! 8)

Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:33 pm

On Stage

Elvis was live never better than in 1970.....

Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:54 pm

MSG even I wanted to vote all options! :shock:

Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:00 pm

Of the choices MSG, outside of the choices CD2 of TTWII SE. :D

Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:35 pm

Although I have probably listened to MSG more, I think "On Stage" is a hair better. But both are outstanding.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:12 am

I chose Madison Square Garden. As mentioned above: if we have this concert remastered it will much better! :D

The Memphis 74 concert is also superb!

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:30 am

'Elvis Rocks Little Rock', because it hasn't got 'My Way' on it...

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:44 am

Tits McGhee wrote:'Elvis Rocks Little Rock', because it hasn't got 'My Way' on it...

You aren't entering into the spirit of this, are you ?

It's On Stage for me.

Loved this on its original release !

A live album of all-new Elvis songs in great sound quality !

Later, we found out it took a lot of post-production work to get them sounding that good, but its still a fine album.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:53 am

I had to go for MSG as well. I would have voted for the Memphis show if we could have counted the FTD version.

I'm sure almost everyone has this by now.

Fri May 26, 2006 3:50 pm

Bump if only because I now prefer Madison Square Garden and well, because I can!

8)

Fri May 26, 2006 3:54 pm

On Stage

:idea:

Fri May 26, 2006 4:04 pm

Live In Memphis

Fri May 26, 2006 4:08 pm

Nooooo!!!!

I'm getting old. :cry:

Can't remember what I voted for.

That's a first. From now on it's going downhill.

Fri May 26, 2006 5:36 pm

Torben wrote:I'm getting old. :cry:
That's a first.
From now on it's going downhill.

Horrible feeling, isn't it ?

I can remember what I voted for [cough].

I made a post about it !

Fri May 26, 2006 5:45 pm

Torben wrote:Nooooo!!!!

I'm getting old. :cry:

That's a first. From now on it's going downhill.

But can you remember what live album you like best???

:shock:

Fri May 26, 2006 5:52 pm

Madison Square Garden for me

norrie