Elvis' Unfriendly Costars?

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by ritchie valens »

i didn't see stella's name listed in the credits for roustabout.
she was a playboy playmate in the early 1960s.
one costar i met was yvonne craig. we talked about elvis in both films she was in world's fair and kissin cousins.
she told me he was such a gentleman.
she told me a funny story about ep.
ep invited her to his house in bel aire.
they watched a movie toghether elvis fell asleep on her.
so she said she went to his intercom and tryed calling joe.
but nothing happened. she said she pressed every button on the intercom system.
she went walking through the house looking for joe. she finally found him.
she told him she tryed calilng him on the intercom. she said joe said you didn't press all the buttons did you? she said yes.
joe said uh, wait here. they went to the door and the beverly hills police dept. was there. she pressed elvis's button that contacts the police dept.
all she wanted to do was tell joe that e was asleep. and help him get to bed.
yvonne is one of the nicest ladies you'll ever meet that's famous.

Rob

Post by Rob »

ritchie valens wrote:i didn't see stella's name listed in the credits for roustabout.
There's probably a good reason for that.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Is this Stella's definition of a roll in the hay?

JEFF d
Registered for: 21 years

Post by JEFF d »

likethebike wrote:She sounds absolutely demented to me. "Girls! Girls! Girls" is not a good movie but it is not "Plan 9 From Outer Space." I wonder if she had a similar bout of artistic integrity before she was forced to do "The Granny" or "The Silencers".
I just saw her in a movie on cable called "Glass Trap"..... AND she thinks "Girls Girls Girls" is the worst movie she ever did! In "Glass Trap" she is locked in the office building and these giant plastic ants are killing everyone inside! hahaha!! :smt119

JEFF d
Elvis fan

JEFF d
EP fan

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Joe Car wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:
ColinB wrote:Pete -

You wrote:
Colin -
I haven't seen the film in years, but my recollection is that the film implied she was a bit of a 'round heels.'

The shameless hussy!
I still would.
I've no doubt. Word around here is that you'd shag the crack of dawn.

Pete, that's too funny!
Well, it's not that funny.

I hardly raised a a smile.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

ColinB wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:
ColinB wrote:Pete -

You wrote:
Colin -
I haven't seen the film in years, but my recollection is that the film implied she was a bit of a 'round heels.'

The shameless hussy!
I still would.
I've no doubt. Word around here is that you'd shag the crack of dawn.

Pete, that's too funny!
Well, it's not that funny.

I hardly raised a a smile.
Sorry Colin, keep a stiff upper lip.

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Mood:

Re: Elvis' Unfriendly Costars?

Post by JimmyCool »

I'm impressed with that Mariana Hill comments... but I think she's kinda right tho'.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

EPA4368
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by EPA4368 »

JimmyCool wrote:I'm impressed with that Mariana Hill comments... but I think she's kinda right tho'.
I agree with you. She's probably right about how it was working with Elvis on Paradise Hawaiian Style. If I was Elvis, I wouldn't have been feeling good about myself either. The British Invasion took over America and Elvis is recording "A Dog's Life."

Its too bad Elvis didn't take the Colonel for a helicopter ride to tell him, "We're making some changes."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fg76
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Elvis' Unfriendly Costars?

Post by fg76 »

roelvis wrote:You forgot Angela Lansbury!
During filming one of the "Murder She Wrote" episodes, she confessed to a local reporter (that's what I read years ago) that filming Blue Hawaii with Elvis was the absolute low point in her career.
What a bitch! I always liked watching her in Blue Hawaii, but now...
She didn't like playing a mother, when she felt she was still too young for those type of roles. She felt the same way about "Manchurian Candidate," but considered it a better movie due to the role that woman played.

greystoke

Post by greystoke »

I've never heard Landsbury being anything but proud to have her role in The Manchurian Candidate. It's one of the great performances by an actress in one of the most scintillating films ever made.

Blue Hawaii was the polar opposite in tone and content, and although I'm of the opinion that this film was the ideal vehicle for Elvis, it wasn't a bad role for Landsbury, who practically stole every scene she was in. It's, arguably, the best performance by an actress in any Elvis film and, along with Elvis and Arthur O'Connell in Follow That Dream, perhaps the best comic performance also.

Great actress, though - super talented and has acted in a list of great films as long as your arm. And she's still going strong; her performance at the Olivier Awards a few weeks ago was genius!

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

I never read such critical ( realistic ?) comments about Elvis acting in PHS ever. Mariana Hill maybe liked more matured guys. But if Elvis could read something like this he would think more about his movie career. The problem was that in the middle 60's many actors considered Elvis the actor as a joke. She was right about Elvis gaining some pounds on the set but she didn't know he tooks some medication as well and his face doesn't look too good here (the helicopter sequence from the start)