Tracklist Loving You FTD

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

dl
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by dl »

When I first read the tracklist, I thought Ernst might not be well again....

ChrisM
Registered for: 21 years

Post by ChrisM »

Pete Dube wrote:This Loving You FTD is one I'll pass on. I just don't think it's worth $35.00 for 4 previously unreleased outtakes. That's why I haven't picked up Elvis Is Back! Not enough previously unreleased outtakes to justify the cost.
(Although I'll probably get EIB! eventually.)
Then don't pay $35 for it ! Shop around and you will find it much cheaper.

Chris

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

This is gonna be awesome FTD!!!! More 50s out takes!!! Yesssss!!!!

With 40 out takes of the song "Loving You".... this really is a Loving You Special Edition!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Pete Dube

Post by Pete Dube »

ChrisM wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:This Loving You FTD is one I'll pass on. I just don't think it's worth $35.00 for 4 previously unreleased outtakes. That's why I haven't picked up Elvis Is Back! Not enough previously unreleased outtakes to justify the cost.
(Although I'll probably get EIB! eventually.)
Then don't pay $35 for it ! Shop around and you will find it much cheaper.

Chris
Where Chris?

Andy-M

Post by Andy-M »

Where have you seen the price of 35.- US Dollars.
In EU you can find it much cheaper. Around EUR 20-23.- Euro.
That makes around 25-26.- US Dollars??

Pete Dube

Post by Pete Dube »

At the Official Elvis site FTD's are now $29.99 + shipping. But even if they were just $20.00 that's still too much money for only 4 previously unreleased outtakes.

Andy-M

Post by Andy-M »

I see your point Pete.
But 20.- US Dollar for a 2 CD Set in 7" Format with great pictures nice Booklet and fantastic remixed material is a MONSTER nice price LOL
To say it in these words ;-)

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

The quality of the Loving You outtakes on the bootleg vinyl was very good so this should sound awsome! Looking Forward to it .

Kingtiger0321

Post by Kingtiger0321 »

ok so there are 50,000,000 outtakes of loving you, but where is the Mean woman blues from this is Elvis? They must be able to put these in there somewhere.

Random qoutes:

"I'll be dog gone Nick! Your house done blowed up, s'on fire too!" - Elvis

"You fed them DOG FOOD! How Dare!!!!" - "Paradise, Hawaiian style"

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

Can't wait to get it!

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Torben

Post by Torben »

The Loving You album has never been one of my favorites, too. Of his 50's albums it's my least favorite. Still, I'm really looking forward to this set. Not that I've bought all the other FTDs that I've really been looking forward to, yet. Elvis Is Back? Still don't have it. :D

For me there's quite a lot of unreleased stuff on there, as I own no bootleg of the Loving You sessions. But, of course, the restoration by Kevan would make any bootleg obsolete anyway. I also don't have this year's remaster of the album. Fortunately, I was a bit late in getting it, and then it was announced to be released as a two disc set on FTD, so I waited.

The unreleased tracks on disc one should be quite interesting. These aren't merely alternate takes, they're from completely unreleased versions of the songs and they're all masters. Disc two shows, that Ernst is beginning to release complete sessions, contrary to previous statements. That's great and hopefully not an exception. Happy Birthday, by the way!

Rob

Post by Rob »

Pete Dube wrote:I haven't picked up Elvis Is Back!
Get it, Pete. You are depriving yourself.

Marco Aurelio
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Marco Aurelio »

I´ll get it..... BUT.... no outtakes of Lonesome Cowboy, Hot Dog.... ????

How many stars are in the sky ???? I´LL NEVER KNOW!

Mike DK
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mike DK »

Can't wait to get this release ! Keep the "Classic" albums coming :D

And for those who still have not bought Elvis Is Back (FTD) you are missing out on a great set with great sound !

garry100

Post by garry100 »

This looks a fantastic release, disc 2 is a winner for me. I remember buying the Loving you sessions cd years ago, and feeling very disappointed not by the contents but the muffled sound and I payed more for it then than this new ftd set will cost now.

Never say never

Andy-M

Post by Andy-M »

Hi Garry, thats exactly what I think myself.
For this price you get everything re: Loving You with great sound.

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by TJ »

JerryNodak wrote:The only song I've ever really liked from the soundtrack was "Loving You". But I don't love it THAT much.
Got a Lot of Livin' to do is pretty electrifying Jerry. Knocks spots of most attempts at rock n roll in the 70s.

elvisonline

Post by elvisonline »

I think it is a crying shame that there is any criticism levied towards this release. If this was a one disc set then I for one would still buy it; hell, if it only had the basic soundtrack on it without out-takes, without Kevan Budd magic, I would still buy it because I want ALL movie sountracks issued in the 7" gatefold format.

For heavens sake. Ernst has included a full bonus CD of all takes of Loving You; AS A BONUS. I for one will be a very happy boy indeed!

Before collector's whinge, I think they should cast their minds back to the 80's. Ernst never made any promises to please everyone all of the time. If you don't like a particular release then don't buy, simple as that! Also, if you CHOOSE to buy them just because you wish to keep up-to-date with the FTD releases and have a COMPLETE collection that is up to you.

The FTD label is the best thing that ever happened to us fans. Look at the bigger picture; these Loving You takes would NEVER see the light of day if they were not included on a release such as this.

I for one am pig sick of the moaning, groaning and negativity regarding FTD. You only ever fully appreciate something when you no longer have it.........it'll be the same with the FTD label.

You are doing a fantastic job Ernst; keep em' coming!

elvisonline

'She asked me if I could be there by three. I was there by the time she hung up the phone'

Deke Rivers II
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Deke Rivers II »

Man....I sure hope Ernst and Kevan do not read or take to heart some of these posts! I bought Kevan's upgrade of "Loving You" earlier and I'll buy this one....Remember what Kevan did with "Elvis At Sun"....apply that to this incredible 7" release (The Artwork on these are worth part of the price and as a bonus we get a full session (something that the bootleggers are praised for). Goes to show that you just can't please everyone. Yes I get sick and tired of purchasing the same product all the time but this will not be the same. This will be a definitive release of the "Loving You Soundtrack" with some bonus tracks to boot. Now if it is a matter of taste then that is different but why be so negative. I mean if you prefer soundboards to '50s or 60's to 70's then just sit back, Ernst & Co. will get to all and you can buy what you want. And thank you for "Tickle Me"; it fits just fine will all the other 7" releases. Keep them coming!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

elvisonline wrote:I for one am pig sick of the moaning, groaning and negativity regarding FTD. You only ever fully appreciate something when you no longer have it.........it'll be the same with the FTD label.

elvisonline
Couldn't agree more. Some of the older collectors have become bored, bitter and probably deaf too, and for some reason they blame FTD and Sony/BMG for it. It's ridiculous. Take a little break from Elvis, listen to some other music for a while, get some fresh air... and please stop the moaning and negativity. I just hope that Ernst and Roger realize most fans are on their side.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

MEAN WOMAN BLUES BX-07 version 2* 2:34
(Claude DeMetrius)

To have this one track alone, makes it worth buying. Can't wait to get this!

Rich

P.S. "Southern Nights" looks good, too :wink:

ImageImageImage

Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by 3577 »

elvisonline wrote:I think it is a crying shame that there is any criticism levied towards this release. If this was a one disc set then I for one would still buy it; hell, if it only had the basic soundtrack on it without out-takes, without Kevan Budd magic, I would still buy it because I want ALL movie sountracks issued in the 7" gatefold format.

For heavens sake. Ernst has included a full bonus CD of all takes of Loving You; AS A BONUS. I for one will be a very happy boy indeed!

Before collector's whinge, I think they should cast their minds back to the 80's. Ernst never made any promises to please everyone all of the time. If you don't like a particular release then don't buy, simple as that! Also, if you CHOOSE to buy them just because you wish to keep up-to-date with the FTD releases and have a COMPLETE collection that is up to you.

The FTD label is the best thing that ever happened to us fans. Look at the bigger picture; these Loving You takes would NEVER see the light of day if they were not included on a release such as this.

I for one am pig sick of the moaning, groaning and negativity regarding FTD. You only ever fully appreciate something when you no longer have it.........it'll be the same with the FTD label.

elvisonline
People are spoiled and want to see released to their own personal choices. I dont know what people expect, but have to realize, no new songs or soundboards from July 1975. Wich of course i deeply hope it will. When FTD someday stop releasing, you'll regret the moaning.

paulsweeney
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by paulsweeney »

dl wrote:When I first read the tracklist, I thought Ernst might not be well again....
Think before you type dl...

Ernst and company have give us more than we deserve (more than any other artist I know of!) since the first FTD was released - we are extremely fortunate to have over 50 CD's since the very first FTD 8)

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

There is no way you can complain about this release surely!!!

This looks like a great tracklist, and the sound and packaging will no doubt be great too.

If anyone moans about this then spoiled is the word for sure (or is it spoilt :wink: )

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

btw, when will Loving You be released ?? Still this year, or early '06 ?