ashville
pontiac in soundboard quality its out there
every opening and closing night vegas and tahoe

there you all know my dreams id say more but id have to kill you

boppin bob
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by boppin bob »

ryan97

I would all be more impressed if you could back up your claims.

Bob
Last edited by boppin bob on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve_M

Re: hd

Post by Steve_M »

ryan97 wrote:i am gratefull to ernst and co for the great releases on ftd, but i wouldnt say he is an expert, just very lucky indeed to be able to be in the position hes in.
Lucky?

Why? Was his name put into a hat with loads of other fans and his was the one pulled out, or, did he get the job on merit ?

I've heard the "if it wasn't Ernst it would have been someone else" argument. Well before Ernst someone else did have the job and they chose to do it "differently".

Rob

Post by Rob »

Steve_M wrote:
ryan97 wrote:i am gratefull to ernst and co for the great releases on ftd, but i wouldnt say he is an expert, just very lucky indeed to be able to be in the position hes in.
Was his name put into a hat with loads of other fans and his was the one pulled out?
I've wondered about this for years. I want to see the actual ticket that was drawn from that hat!

ryan97
Registered for: 19 years

HD

Post by ryan97 »

its that weed bob im sure i had elvis in my cupboard can you sell me more,
im in no way saying ernst doesnt do his best he does and we all love ftd, but why wait for an age to release things we all know is out there surely with elvis being hot and getting hotter daily we need to grab hold with both hands and really promote his genius today to grab the attention he deserves
and im not talking about ducks, soaps, even dodgy ebay autographs im talking bout visual and audio memories
we all love ftd theres no doubt about it yet one of the so called fans who im sure ernst a co know sells cdr copies at £9 yes £9 each and even gets credit on 2 major european sites [ and theres complaints about the price of outtakes the world over]
well if anyone wants me ill be sat back trying to count the squares in dawns eot dvd making of
ps anyone who does know me and my alter ego knows im honest reliable and allways delivers but more than that a fan atic

Topic author
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

NO OUTTAKES OF HOUND DOG EXIST!

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

... Youve been burried to long in that beaver, Ryan... Better go back, and use your hand again. Your brain have suffered greatly.

ryan97

hd

Post by ryan97 »

cmon mr tallhair, surely you would like to see the gems we all wanna hear... sorry forgot we are talking 70s again..
so basically those who wanna contribute and get a gem out to the mass have to find the hat to put your name in???
or should all ep fans bombard rca bmg for jobs?? maybe this will do it

anyway enough of this fun stuff im off back to my beaver coming cilla

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

The innocence of such statements would be understandable if it wasn't for someone who should know better about the procedures and policies that have to be adhered to with official releases as opposed to boots where they are just in it for the cash.

Ducks and shclocky tatt is EPE/ Sillermans department and nothing to do with record releases.

Boots of shows are sold without any regard for establishing the performers rights on those who were performing at the shows and if they were they still wouldn't pay them.

Ernst works for BMG. He isn't lucky, he got the job on merit over and above anyone else. He cannot possibly just release shows through demand only, he has to establish the other variables involved and act on them.
Ernst has stated his objectives regarding FTD as far as live 70's shows go and I think that's logical and makes most sense even if it cannot please everyone.

For a refreshing change to the 70's he is working hard on the book release for FTD-Sun and the longer the wait the better it will be to a certain degree and I look forward to this release as much as I did the 68 special DVD set.

ryan97

hd

Post by ryan97 »

i wholeheartedly agree steve, but since we have had the likes of mr tunzi putting in print whats there and the creation of the ftd label why cant they put something out in the 70s era that we havent had or heard
sure we had closing night 73 minus the first 7 songs, aka king goes bananas
with the amount of fans stating there wants through this site and many others surely those responsible can at least help out the demand for 70s goodies, and put out a release that none of us have in soundboard, there is a demand and im sure say a release of opening night 74 would be a smash
yes its nice to hear the take after take of a dodgy movie tune, but how many re packages a year do we want??
this is just my opinion only,
i just hope ernst will carry on in his work and give us jumpsuiters a gem prefrably one not done by the bootleggers

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

ryan97 wrote:since we have had the likes of mr tunzi putting in print whats there and the creation of the ftd label why cant they put something out in the 70s era that we havent had or heard ...
Reality check #101:

JAT's work has never been 100% accurate. The years before Ernst, post-1977, were mostly beyond fallow. FTD has issued about 40 CDs of mostly unique material since 1999, from all eras, live, demo and studio. And yet -- you complain?

Good night.

DJC

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

"Ezz" : you don't like Doc's humor? :lol:

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

Rob

Re: HD

Post by Rob »

ryan97 wrote:anyone who does know me and my alter ego knows im honest reliable and allways delivers but more than that a fan atic
I'm not sure anyone realized it was you, Curtis. Thanks for clearing that up.

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

But then who was "Golden Records 2002"... :shock:

Wait a minute...! :?

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality